Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funcom's Costumer threatment.

Hello,

I used to play Age of Conan and I didn't really liked the game but I kept paying for the game, because the game had potential... And I really wanted to come back a few months later and see an active game!

Anyhow... I didn't got threated good for it ...

*Information you should know*
    I normally go each 2 months to a game store and buy a pre-paid card of 2 months just to "support" funcom a bit. I log on the game maybe 10 hours /month...
    - A few weeks ago I got my first creditcard

*Start of the story*

Yesterday I was playing age of Conan . Since I heard the new patch would come I'd like to prepare myself a bit and went getting some food, get potions, grind some gold, and all that stuff.

I did all that stuff and I wanted to play on my alt... So I logged out (Which is needed to log another character) and logged back in... I was suprised when I saw the message "This character is not aviable because your account is banned".

Honestly, I tried to login for like 10 times before I really believed I was banned.

Anyhow I went to my account management and I saw I was really banned, so I contacted the Funcom support team and after 5-6 hours I getted an answere (In funcom-way this is quite fast)...

They explained me that I got banned because I used a creditcard,I asked some more information and it looked like I entered a wrong credit card number. They saw it as fraud and banned me .

How did I entered the wrong information ?

I am not really sure of this, but since it was the first time I used a creditcard I went to some websites to see what numbers I should fill-in. I pasted my creditcard number into a notepad document, and I pasted a "Test -Card number" into the notepad to see the numbers were equal (That they were both 12 numbers for example)

My guess is that I copied the wrong number into the Funcom pay thingie...

Nonetheless, I tried the day after again and I got my creditcard working... So I probably did what I expected (Copied the wrong number).

----

Now nothing looked wrong at the moment, I had my month again and I started playing. But offcourse everything went wrong yesterday (Banned)

But it looks like Funcom thinks I frauded (Actually there is no way you can talk about fraud since I had no advantages of entering a wrong creditcard number by accident ...)

SHORT VERSION :

Conclusion, I got banned because I entered a wrong credit card number ( BY ACCIDENT, IT WAS EVEN A TEST CARD NUMBER SO I CAN ASSURE YOU THIS WAS NOT A WAY TO FRAUD WITH FUNCOM OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT), nonetheless I entered the right credit card number the day after and payed 1 month of game time (Which is payed to funcom, I even talked to my bank).

After the 6 months I payed the monthly fee while actually not played the game... I find this really sad.

I just wanted to share this with you so I hope you will never play Age of Conan since its not worth it... The game is buggy, they ban you if they want to. Costumer support is bad, I am now waiting already 16 hours for a response on my last mail...

(BTW, the shortest ban ingame is 30 days, be sure they will ban you AFTER you just added at least 1 month of gametime... they are really in need of money so they just banhammer everything to get more money, and hope the costumer will buy a new account so their sales will raise)

BTW2 : If you are banned and you don't remove your creditcard from their system they will keep billing you. (Sometimes even when you cancel your account they keep billing if you just cancelled and not removed your credit card)

Sorry for my bad english

A AoC fanboy who goes back to World of Warcraft!
    Last edited by TheBluePanda; 10-29-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Funcom's Costumer threatment.
    Gelormino's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kay...Well it was established within the first weeks of the game's realease...The game blows...Even in beta the game was garbage..It was a blank shot that never went off...Now dont get me wrong...WoW Absolutely was beyond garbage in Beta in some people's opinions...Each to their own!

TheBluePanda's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was the only one in my guild that really loved the guild, and I am the one that gets banned for a ... Well I personally find this a idiot reason. I wonder they actually want people to play their game, why would they otherwise create 30 day bans and second ban is lifetime ban ... I don't even think Blizzard can effort doing that, but Funcom does it all.

Right now their patch seem to be bugged like hell, people getting murdering points because they get attacked by a raid of lowbies... If they dare to attack back they get murdering points