Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is getting an account banned even worth it?

Hey, I recently had reclaimed my account which was perma banned. All I had to do was just email blizzard and come up with a story saying how it had been compromised..after that they came back with "evidence" that it had compromised and simply requsted the account name and my first/last name. After that was submitted..the account was back and unbanned within an hour..so if it is that darn easy to get an account unbanned..is it actually worth it going through the trouble of banning an account when the original owners of the account can get them unbanned so easy? I've seen a few other posts on people getting their accounts unbanned after a permaban so I doubt i am just "lucky"

Is getting an account banned even worth it?
    [Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe it. Either way, always post if it is for EU or US since no one can smell what it is. To post proof, just post screenshots of the email that was sent to you. And it all depends what penalties your account got.

I think this story is more believable for US, IF it is true. The reason I don't believe it is because I recently perma banned a account. And I got a email about that, and another one saying that if I want to unban it I need all info + cd key + birth certificate + ID + billing plan that was sent to your house. EU side. And even then they hesitate to unlock it.

Sehr geehrter Kunde,

wie wir Ihnen bereits mitgeteilt haben, ist Ihr World of Warcraft Account derzeit gesperrt.

Accountname: Lancelotalbion
    Hergang: getauschter Account
    Maßnahme: Account gesperrt bis der Besitz geklärt ist

Da wir bisher keine Rückmeldung von Ihnen erhalten haben, bitten wir Sie erneut uns Informationen zukommen zu lassen, die uns ermöglichen den Account zu reaktivieren.

Um das Spielkonto wieder zu eröffnen, lassen Sie uns bitte folgende Informationen zukommen:

Account Name (bitte senden Sie uns NICHT Ihr Passwort)
    Vor- und Zuname
    Vollständige Anschrift inkl. Postleitzahl
    Für den Account verwendete Email Adresse
    Original World of Warcraft CD-Key: (Sie finden diesen auf der Innenseite Ihrer CD-Hülle oder auf dem Handbuch. Bitte schicken Sie uns nicht Ihren "The Burning Crusade" Erweiterungs-Key.)
    Geheimfrage
    Antwort auf die Geheimfrage
    Geburtsurkunde (wichtig, ohne wird es keine Freischaltung des Accounts geben)
    Personalausweis: Bitte senden Sie uns eine Kopie des Personalausweises der Person, die als Eigentümer in den Account eingetragen ist, per Fax an die Nummer: 0033 / 1 30 67 90 12 oder per E-Mail als Anhang. Vermerken Sie bitte auf dem Fax Ihren Accountnamen sowie Ihre E-Mail Adresse.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass wir den Account nicht wieder öffnen können, wenn die von Ihnen übermittelten Daten unvollständig oder falsch sind.

Unsere aktuellen Bestimmungen können Sie hier nachlesen:

World of Warcraft Europe -> Bestimmungen

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Schezzlezing

Account Administration Team

Blizzard Entertainment Europe

World of Warcraft Europe

Bitte beachten Sie, dass ein Blizzardmitarbeiter Sie niemals nach Ihrem Passwort fragen wird.

Here is the whole email in it's full german content. Just google translate it and you see what I am talking about. Maybe it is possible, but it depends on the pentalties that was given on the account. Because I got 2 accounts closed, 1 is my original and 2nd is this one. On my original I never ever received this email, but strangely enough on the 2nd one I do.

My 1st one was banned for botting. 2nd one was banned for sexual harrassment. Note the difference, and note the penalties.

Nonetheless, it is maybe true that you can unlock an account. But the chances are just nill to a miracle.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

zoidberg891's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This only works if they have logs of ppl logging on from a different IP. Edit: forgot to add that it would take more than a few hours for them to investigate the whole thing.

ravenundercover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, My account was/is a US account. I actually expected to have to get a notary and fax id and everything to get it unbanned. It didnt take them that long if they did an investigation like they said. I emailed with a story about it being compromised and in about an hour they came back stating that they had "evidence" that the account had been compromised. I don't know what evidence they had but they claimed to have found some to support my claim. I'm guessing they don't actually do an investigate and just take your word for as long as it dosen't get excessive. I will post a screen shot in about 10 minutes with the email stating that all they require from me were account name, your name and that you have "secured" the account.

Edit: And as a reason for the banning. The account was banned for third party programs and bots.
    Edit: I've seemed to have deleted the email from the Account Admin with the instructions on how to unban the account. I still have the email stating that the account was perma banned for exploiting the wow economy though. If their is any other way I can prove this is true without giving someone my account info then let me know and I will do it.
    Last edited by ravenundercover; 10-25-2008 at 04:43 PM.

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of very recently, US has added a new unban procedure, for compromised (or claimed as compromised) accounts. Before, they'd often require you fax or mail in a big form plus ID. This is known as a "lock." Now, they sometimes (since it is new and since I have pretty much retired, I cannot tell you how often they will do this now) only ask you for the account name, the account's first and last name, and if you have secured your computer.

Note, I'm still fairly certain they will still send out these 2 forms:

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/othe...t-Recovery.pdf
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/othe...ery-Notary.pdf

They seem to be using this new "k give last name of account and account is yours" after getting hacked (or claiming to be hacked, as explained in my very lengthy guide, and summarized by ravenundercover) fairly often though, in place of one of the two lock forms. If it seems obvious that you were hacked, or at least likely, then instead of giving you a full lock, they'll just ask for the first and last name. As said earlier though, this does not REPLACE the lock procedure...it is merely a much more minor version of it that they have started using.

Now, before all this, they didn't always locked accounts when you reported them as hacked. Sometimes they just unbanned them and gave them back, without requiring ANY info. So, this is really just replacing the lock (Account-Retrieval.pdf) forms in more circumstances.

In short, it is now most likely easier to get unbanned if you are US. I will add this to my guide.

Also, raven, you essentially used my unban method, as can be found in my guide. Good job with it if you thought of this before even reading my guide on it, and still succeeding.

Since I keep citing my guide, here is its link: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ge...rd-policy.html
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

ravenundercover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasnt aware of your guide until this post. I only just recently found this site and havent really looked to far into the posts yet. I just saw everyone saying how you need to get accounts banned and wasnt sure why when its fairly simple it seems to get an account unbanned. With it being this easy..do you think a lot of poeple are going to have issues with accounts they transfered over/got originals banned?

Edit: Also, they never stated that they will be sending anything out though they might. They never mentioned anything regarding a notary, any type of proof needed or CD Keys. It actually kinda seems a bit too easy.

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends, there were theories about it but never a verification. Until I see proper proof like email screens etc I am sorry to say but I can't believe this content to it's fullest. It's maybe possible, maybe not. If it was, I think they would list it on the US wow site in compromised account section, and explaining how to retrieve it.

Of all the years I played wow, when a account is hacked/compromised, you always need to send in a webform. I don't know if they lighten the requirements for recalling, but if they have then it would surely be on their webpage.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have personally gained access to someone's email. His WoW account was hacked. I saw the email he got.

It's real.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.