0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nostromo N52 gamepad scenario bot

Been leeching here for a while, starting with WoW. Posted a few things, never anything people have found rep worthy.

My setup is with an archmage. A shaman would work awesome too.

First I'll start with the good.

It's fully automated and requires no babysitting (although it helps)

This actually works for me. I set it up and got from mid 20 to a quarter into 21 while cleaning the house and spending time with the girlfriend.

You will get dmg/healing even killing blows at times. You wont stay in the begining area (handy since now they port you out) so the likelyhood of getting reported is diminished.

Works really well in Mourkain Temple.

The bad.

You have to have a Nostromo gamepad.

It is tricky getting out of the starting area.

It's certainly not as good as actually playing.

You need to have ranged abilities to get dmg/healing (So people will be less likely to think you are afking and more likely to think you suck).

It's less effective t3 due to the size of the levels and the fact that people use mounts (harder to follow them into battle before you lose them). Not sure about t4.

What you need.

Nostromo Gamepad

The addon Joinfast (Ques you up for all scenarios, autojoins for you)

The addon Resfast (Auto hits respawn for you when you die)

A server with a decent population so the scenario pops are frequent.

What to do.

Make an in game macro /follow bind it to a key I use "t"

Set up 6 macros on your gamepad.

1. -Follow- (Presskey "t", releasekey "t") This macro is set to repeat every .5 seconds.

It follows your target. Pretty obvious.

2. -Dots- (presskey "1", delay .5, releasekey "1", presskey "2", delay .5, releasekey "2", presskey "4", delay .5, releasekey "4", presskey "5", delay .5, releasekey "5") This macro is set to repeat every .5 seconds.

My insta cast dots/dds are bound to my keys 1, 2, 4 and 5..I HIGHLY recommend only using your insta casts.

3. -Hots- (presskey "3", releasekey "3") This macro is set to repeat every .5 seconds.

3 is set for my insta heal over time. I was tempted to use my shield, don't. You dont get points for shielding only healing. Again I would only use insta casts here

4. -Targeting- (presskey "tab", releasekey "tab") This macro is set to repeat every .5 seconds.

tab is set for NEXT enemy. I've actually gotten several killing blows on players spam dotting. Even if you suicide, the dots keep ticking, adding to your damage looking less like your botting on the scoreboard. Less botlike, less getting reported. Sidenote, killing the level one neutral animals as you pass by gives you a killing blow. Looks good on the scoreboard

5. -Friendly- (presskey "q", releasekey "q") This macro is set to repeat every one second.

So q for me is target NEXT friendly. Here is where a fundamental flaw comes in. To follow someone out of the starting zone you have to run by gaurds. Your target next will select them and you will cease to follow. When I tried target NEAREST, if someone ran me RIGHT by a guard I would be stuck there and ported out. NEXT would at least give me a chance of targetting the next person, and has the benefit of moving you around more in group fights making you look less afk and rather hard to tell you are following someone. I chose to make this repeat on a 1 second rotation to give me more time before I targeted a guard if I was on follow.

6. -Get out- (presskey "a", delay 1.05, releasekey "a", presskey "w", delay 4.0, releasekey "w") This macro is set to repeat every 45seconds

So I made this to assist in getting me out of the start zone. First I tried timing my movements after I died to get me out of different scenarios. It seemed like I was facing the same direction upon respawning after death so I tried some different things. The thing is, when someone pops by you, you will target them and your orientation will change, messing up the whole script. This basically turns you slightly off 180degrees and runs you forward for a bit. This seemed to work decent for getting out of the beginning zone (when coupled with the tab-follow) and had the bonus of turning you around when you hit an obstacle.

Log on, type /jf (For joinfast to activate) then turn on all the macros and go feed the dog or something.

So the delays work for me on my computer, if you use mine exactly they may work a little different on your computer and your lag. I have left this on overnight and the results weren't as good as leaving it on for a few hours during peak. To me it's not worth the risk to overnight it. With the scenarios only being serverwide, people will eventually take notice.

What would really be awesome is if someone could come up with a way to target the nearest PLAYER, not friendly. That would resolve the starting zone problem. I use a healing addon called EMonitor. What it does is autotargets the player withing casting range with the lowest health. The problem is, if everyone is 100% hp it default targets yourself. If that could be tweaked, maybe the problems would be solved.

I would really appreciate some testing help, some feedback, and some people to help perfect this. Tweak the delays, and help me figure out better ways to get out of the starting zone, and in to the battle!

Nostromo N52 gamepad scenario bot
    steverenolds's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job, love the effort you put into explaining it.

+rep'd

j_jones84's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, and thanks for the rep.

Anyone else use the gamepad?

keniz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +3 rep... to get u out of the leecher status.
    Im not using the gamepad or afkin in scenarios but its rly nicely writen and ur tryin to contribute... gj there

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

This has really been working better for me in T2 due to the way the maps are. Is anyone using this? I'd love some feedback.

TheDipper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.uploadftw.com/200810/n52bawtmacrostart.jpg

I'm not finished with my setup yet, but you can see what I'm doing to start the macros. I simply set the macros to a key on the nostromo, like normal, but then I set the orange thumb button to press all of the macros' keys, to start the whole chain in a single press.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good idea. Never thought of that, have you perfected how to get out of the staging area?

TheDipper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by j_jones84 View Post
    That's a good idea. Never thought of that, have you perfected how to get out of the staging area?
    Not quite yet. I'll work on it more this weekend.

I had to run it to the fight between deaths BUT, as a level 1 Zealot I was top in healing in Nordenwatch by quite a bit. It was pretty entertaining to watch :P