22/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems So far with War

Ok I found this on the War Forum "Warhammer Alliance" and I can kinda relate to this guy, but I think his idea of the Combat System is just a little off.. I have experienced no such problems probably because he is lagging or he has such high FPS

These are some of the things I would like to see get changed in War. Some of them are quite serious and have ticked me off and many other Newbies to War, so please read at your on discretion.

Problems I have found with War so far:

* My first issue, and this is the one that drives me the most insane, is the map. I mean whats up with the crappy Red Circle, that looks like someone forgot to use a Coaster? It doesn't help me at all, I mean I would be much better off just running around the whole entire map until I do eventually find it. I mean honestly, if its one item (eg a lockbox) i need to find and they put a freaking big red circle where it should be its not helpful at all, cus its not in the centre its generally on the outside of the ring.... (This quest took me 10 mins to do as the box was behind a tree in a PQ area, no I am not retarded just a simpleton)
    * The combat System really frustrates me only in the fact when I'm in a PQ with a Tank and I aggro a mob and it runs at me, the tank will taunt the mob, it takes it a while to register that it should be attacking the tank becausein it will still run at me turn around to face the tank and then run backwards still at me, before running at the tank... I mean... Come on!
    * Still some faults with it. Anyone ever heard of the lag bug? I won't go into much detail but If you spam the Printscreen button apparently you can fall through the ground and walk around capping the Nordenwatch Posts etc. I recon its still in the Beta Phase, except there making people pay to play and report. Note: Patch 1.1 will hopefully make amends.
    * Unbalanced Classes - Ok I made a post about this on the Chaos Magus forum and not many people took it to lightly as it was a bit biased due to the fact I hadn't played all the classes at a high level, but I do feel at T1 there is a definant OPed Class. As there is in the other Tiers.
    * The Game is directly involved in PvP (RvR). Ok thats fine for me, but if they really want to destroy the opposition from WoW they need to maybe introduce some more end game dungeons other than just raiding the Order / Destruction Cities.
    * The Guide / Manual wasn't to me (Being new to War but not MMOs) a great help. Yes it gave me the instructions of installing the game, starting the game, key bindings etc but I mean who doesn't already know how to put CD in drive, and wait for it to Auto Run, and sorry if you don't, then... just stop right now and shut down your PC and walk outside and ride the dog until it collapses in exhaustion and you gotta bury it and buy a new one.
    * Back to the Map and Guide / Manual post, the Minimap was just way to clustered. It didn't show where one could hand in quests, pick up quests or where the Flight Masters were. This in itself is just a big problem that I would like to see resolved or an addon made (.. hmm .. ) to solve this, for I am sure there are many others who feel exactly the same way and I'm not just a crazy old fool who is sitting here typing this at approximately 42 Words per Minute wittering on about how War (being my favourite MMO of all time) is incredibly flawed.
    * Reserved
    * Reserved (You never know)

Now why should any of you care about what I have to say? Well you don't.. but if you don't admit it then you've just wasted about 15 minutes of your life reading something that really doesn't matter to you, making yourself look like a fool.

Please, Please, Please note my signature before posting as well as whats been replied.

NOTE: You may feel Like I have shot myself in the foot, saying I love the game but have found so many problems wrong with it, but I made this post just to see if people can relate to the issues I have found. Maybe we can make a difference, for in the words of "Barrack Obahma" "Yes, We Can"

The Volcano Forum was locked, So I put it here... If you don't like it, you will get a post back with a sad face, or a bunny rabbit

From the Troll, Wraith
    Last edited by Killalots; 10-23-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Problems So far with War
    nyght1978's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aimed at the person in the quotes = The games fine. Buy a new pc and shut up.

Yemmiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no you didn't!

He didn't just whine about the manual for the game did he? I have never in my life read a manual for any game, for my sake they could thin the manual down to two pages, spec requirements and contact info. That's just a stupid thing to whine about imho. :/.

I agree with the class balance, but I think people should halt the whine posting till after 1.1, I'm sure it'll fix ALOT of issues .

I definately don't accept him whining about the red circles that are there to GUIDE you in your quests. Would be too easy if they pinpointed every single quest objective to precise locks, and it would also be lame, since in most cases you are supposed to search for stuff which the quest givers don't know where is exactly .
    Last edited by Yemmiz; 10-23-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    'I don't HAVE to win, I just CAN'T lose.'

Killalots's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    couldn't agree more

Naravus's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm QQ?

Minus the 'unbalanced classes' section (rock paper scissors system...classes aren't meant to be equal) this just seems like some hardcore whining to me.

splifx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Guide / Manual wasn't to me"

Manuals are for noobs I stopped reading when I seen that...

No but really, the map is fine it all but tells you the EXACT location of the quest item/mobs and hes lucky we got that. Needs map pins/notes though.

Only thing I really agree with is WAR needs to polish its end game PvE. You do Bastion Stair get 1piece of decent armor then get locked out for like 24hours, my guild ran BS last night and got a really nice shadow warrior piece but there was none in the group.. And the armor looks crappy for some classes, if it comes from a high end dungeon it should look unique not identical to some lvl 20 green item.

Stanger1234's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem with Warhammer Online is, that it is not WoW.

Valex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not had any problem with WAR, technical or gameplay, except when I get stuck in random place