0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scourge Invasion

Found in the rotting diary of Eric Farrington in the dead city of Andorhal…

Wednesday

My beloved home, Andorhal, has fallen victim to an evil plague. I have witnessed the horrors of the Scourge firsthand, and seen unimaginable things. Death was not granted to my loved ones. Instead, everyone I’ve ever known has turned into monsters. Monsters of unfathomable, relentless viciousness!

I thought naught of a few illnesses, a few fevers. We continued to ship out crates of grain to Lordaeron, and we weren’t fearful of this new sickness -- we were confident our healers could handle it. I know now that was foolish, blind.

The denizens of Andorhal turned into vile zombies of the Scourge. These monstrosities no longer held any thoughts or abilities from their mortal lives. Most certain of all, they readily used new powers we had never seen before to further spread the disease and hasten the destruction of the city.

I have been hiding for two days in the sewers, but I must venture out soon to find supplies or possibly a way out of the city to the forests.

Friday

Help me, I’ve been bitten!

I cannot believe I was foolish enough to think I could sneak past all of them on the streets. The zombies are everywhere now, and Andorhal is only a shell of its former glory, a sad and twisted remnant of my beautiful home.

I can already feel the disease taking me. May the light bless me as I go to be with my family and friends once again. I’m not sure how much longer I can keep my sanity. I am weak. I hunger, and must eat…

Eat…

Brains...

The Scourge Invasion has begun!
    There are rumors about strange creatures roaming around in Booty Bay. Stories tell that there are zombies!

There are two ways to become a zombie:
    - Get infected by one (This can be a NPC or Player)
    - Interact with the crates in Booty Bay.
    If you are infected you will get a 10-minute debuff. Once the debuff expires or once you die, you will become a zombie.

As a zombie you will have several skills availible to use:
    Mangle - Increases your next attack by 20 damage and reduces the target's armor by 3%. Stacks 20 times to a total of 60%.
    Lurch - You and your nearby zombies will get a temporarily buff to your speed. (Increases speed by 100%)
    Retch - Creates a poison cloud on the ground. Humanoids who step into it get infected and zombies who step in it get healed.
    Zombie Explosion - You explode, destroying yourself and infecting everyone around you.
    Beckoning Groan - Beckons 4 (NPC) zombies to follow and fight with you.

How to infect others:
    Use the ability Retch to cause the debuff, you can then run away (zombies move very slow though so it's pointless to do this). You can also kill the player or NPC to instantly turn him/her into a zombie. Zombie explosion: Everyone around you will get the 10min debuff timer, side-effect is that you die and need to get infected again. I advise you to use Retch.

On the exploitation side:
    As a zombie you become hostile to everything and friendly to other zombies.
    The most important thing here is the chance to become friendly with the other faction! A tauren zombie becomes friendly to a gnome zombie for example.
    It's already confirmed that you can trade, talk, take portals and anything else you could normally do with friendly creatures.
    You can also still use spells/skills such as Charge where you don't need a weapon for.
    You can also take the flightpath into your city while you have a debuff and be ready for a sneaky attack. I went to the orgrimmar bank for example to kill some lowbies.
    There is probably a bunch of other exploits for you to find out now that you can be friendly to the other faction, so go ahead and post about it!

Here’s a screenshot of me without gear as a zombie, infecting others in The Crossroads.

And here I am, on my way towards Orgrimmar to infest as much as I can!

Happy infecting, and be sure to post all your exploits here at MMOwned!

They have reached our cities!
    Stage 2 has begun

Stage 2 is here, the plague is no longer limited to Booty Bay.
    Crates start appearing in every major city now as well as in the Lower City of Shattrath. There is also another creature around to spread the plague. This is done through plagued roaches which roam around in the city.

In Stage 2 the disease debuff is now 5 minutes instead of 10 in Stage 1.
    In Shattrath City, players and player-zombies cannot attack eachother. Players can only attack NPC-zombies and Player-zombies can only attack non-zombie NPCs here.
    The more you get hit, the faster the debuff timer expires, turning you into a zombie at a faster rate.
    Thank you Dragonshadow for letting me know

Stage 3 update:
    Stage 3 is here already, stages are going fast!
    The are no more Argent Healers at the capital front gates, instead, there are more infested roaches!
    There are also Plagued Residents (Lvl 10 NPCs) attacking the remaning Argent Healers left.
    You are nowhere safe!

It is confirmed now that you can, as a zombie, interact with several objects (mainly gates) that you normally could not. Examples are the Crypt Gate near Karazhan and the Hall of Legends in Orgrimmar.

Stage 4:
    It is becoming much like the naxx invasion back in the old days now.
    Necropolises are appearing all over Azeroth (indicated by a purple skull on the minimap).

Around the necropolises are mobs, just like in the naxx invasion. Among these mobs there may be rare spawns. These rare spawns can drop a Haunted Momento.
    The Haunted Momento is like one of those leather balls that you can throw to other persons. However, the person who carries the Haunted Momento will have a Wraith following him.

A new Karazhan boss is now availible for you to kill, Tenris Mirkblood.
    Tenris Mirkblood drops one Vampirir Batling for every raid member and one Arcanite Ripper, as well as 2 Badges of Justice.
    You can get to Mirkblood by going up the stairs behind Attumen the Horseman.
    You can play guitar on your Arcanite Ripper, how cool is that?

A new questline has opened.
    The questline starts from an Argent Dawn Representive in any capital city and the first quest is to go to Light Hope's Chapel (Eastern Plaguelands).

Zombie Invaders drops (Armor sets drop from rare zombie spawns)
    You can buy the gloves and shoulders for 15
    Necrotic Runes, chest and legs drop from undead invaders.

- Plate armor set: Blessing Battlegear of Undead Slaying
    - Mail armor set: Blessed Garb of the Undead Slayer
    - Leather armor set: Undead Slayer's Blessed Armor
    - Cloth armor set: Blessed Regalia of Undead Cleansing

Argent Quartermaster
    You can buy these items with Necrotic Runes dropping from undead invaders.

- Argent Dawn Banner: Plant a blesser banner of the Argent Dawn, consecrating the ground beneath it.
    - Argent War Horn: Summons an Argent Knight to your side. (10 Min cooldown)
    - Argent Tome (Trinket) Use: Bring forth your Argent Tome and smite your foes with its sacred wisdom. (1 Min cooldown)
    - Argent Healing Potion: 1500-2500 Health
    - Argent Mana Potion: 1800-3000 Mana

Other than that, the debuff now only lasts 2 minutes.

Stage 5:
    There are now plagued vermins running in to capital cities from the side-entrance. Unlike infested roaches, NPCs do attack plagued vermins. By attacking a plagued vermin you will get the zombie disease (and so do NPCs), turning everyone in a zombie at a very fast rate. There are a lot of plagued vermins running into the cities so the zombie plague will spread very quickly.

The plague debuff is now only 1 minute.

Stage 6:
    There is now also a necropolis at Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
    A lvl 63 elite skeleton can be found attacking NPCs in capital cities.
    The Argent Dawn Initiatives that hand out quests now also hand out a magical weapon to fight the scourge.
    Just checked what "magical weapon" that was, the guy standing at the OG tent gave me 3 "lesser blabla marks" that don't stack and increase my stamina by 11 for 1h. Pretty useless
    Last edited by Forever; 10-28-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Scourge Invasion
    Mr.Jebus Christ's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    times like these i hate when my gametime runs out D:
    edit: first!!!!!! just had to do it!
    Last edited by Terrorblade; 10-24-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Nartan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha How fun! I wish i still played.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZOMBIE...

ZOMBIE...

ZOMBIE...

ZOMBIE NATION.

l
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

kelat's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta agree with Terrorblade. Shame my acct. is frozen atm This is pretty fun looking

Innit's Avatar W͈̮̝̉͌̀ͩÅ̻̗̗̼̩̣͉̽Î͙̳ ͚̑ ̌͌ͯ
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those keybinds are gayyyy

Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Innit View Post
    Those keybinds are gayyyy
    its not my acc, my own acc is without gametime since today

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doctor, my sister has cancer...

!!!

ZOMBIE CANCER!
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Dragon[Sky]'s Avatar Anti-social Engineer
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doctor Dragonsky reporting.
    Analysis results: That's not cancer. That is AIDS. Yet again.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    updated with the story behind the invasion

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
    Oh...

You should've told your sister to stop having zombie sex. Now she's gone and got zombie AIDS.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also noticed that those with the infected debuff will have their debuff time down faster if they attack/are attacked. (Not killed, thats instant-zombie)

Tobii's Avatar MMOwned Helper Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna test a exploit today..
    If you you turn into a zombie both horde, and ally become the same faction..
    What does it mean? You should be able to invite the person into you're guild, party, ETC.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stage 2 is here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast