Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boomshine's Guide to Making a Mall!

Hello MMOwners, I know I had just joined the forums a few days ago, but I just thought of making my first guide on this forum to get out of my leecher status and to help others on making their own custom-made mall! In this guide, I will be explain on how to create at least a decent mall depending on your creative skill. I will start to make videos on my Youtube channel of my server World of Housecraft for the content we make. Anyway, you can count on it that I can lead you from step one to the last step.

So first, there are three different basic types of malls. The first thing you would like to do is pick what kind of mall you like. When you pick which kind, try not to focus on what you would like, but what your staff members & players would like, because everyone has different taste.

[Ground Malls]

Pros+
    +Almost everyone likes ground malls on the landscape because it causes less problems
    +The most popular type of mall on private servers
    +Extremely easy for any kind of builder
    +Great to see a mall that's all custom-made when you're done
    +The scenery around the mall is beautiful & natural

Cons-
    -May become boring after some time
    -Urban Dictionary: OverRated

[Air Malls]

Pros+
    +Awesome to be grounded in mid-air!
    +A good thing for creative & more advanced builders
    +Good challenge

Cons-
    -Extremely hard for new builders
    -No scenery
    -If you want the backround to look good, you have to hand-make it
    -May take longer than ground malls to build because of the floor
    -Advanced building skills such as mine are required to build this type of mall

[Water Malls]

Pros+
    +Awesome to be grounded on water!
    +Most of the time you have very nice scenery
    +Decent challenge for people
    +Easier to work with than Air Malls
    +Almost as easy to work with as ground malls

Cons-
    -Always have to turn on debug waterwalk while making a floor
    -Debug waterwalk is slightly bugged which makes you fall into the water at random times
    -Slightly hard and sometimes somewhat frustrating if you are not advanced in building

After you have decided what type of mall you would like to build, you would like have a theme for it. A theme is a very important aspect of the mall because if you didn't have one then objects would be all over the place which makes it very ugly. So be creative and brainstorm on a theme you would like that will be there for a long time.
    So now you have your pink strawberry theme now right? Okay, your next decision is if you want to use walls and floors. Obviously, if you have an air or water Mall, you need a floor..but for ground Malls, it's your choice if you want a floor. You really shouldn't have one spawned if it's a bumpy terrain though because they don't take the shape like water in a cup. Anyway, for the walls it's a must for air Malls. For the other two, walls on the ground malls are suggested so it looks better, but it's not a must. For water malls, a creative thing would be some kind of platform with a gap or slide that people can jump off of and climb back on.

Next, I will explain which objects to use for the walls & floors. For advanced skilled pupils like me, you would like to use ''Stormwind Crates''(179972) for the walls. But do not use these if you want your mall to be pretty big because it will take 15-40 seconds to load everytime you restart the server. So if you would like to have a server with less lag which will be a little easier to build the walls for the mall, you should use fences (180035 l They spawn in your direction). But the bad thing about these is that they are a little slanted and if you aren't in the right spot, the fence will spawn into the previous fence, which means more experienced builders should use this object. If you happen to find an easier object to work with for a wall though, then go ahead and use it!
    For the floors now, there is always the good ol' [DND]Cage Base. I don't know why the hell they named it that, but it's a nice square metal platform that you can spawn one by one together to make it a floor. This can also be used as a roof which I didn't get into yet because it's very optional so I'm not going to mention anything about it except that only very, very advanced builders such as me should only make roofs out of this object. Note: Never try to scale it to 15 because it makes it REALLY ugly.
    Anyway, other objects you can use as a floor are tables, Circle of Calling Rocks(178670), and such.

After all these things you have done in this guide, start brainstorming ideas that will make players and maybe even your staff have fun like a swimming pool, racing track, fun custom items like a paper plane gun, etc. Try to focus on things that will make people cozy to sit in a chair and play on a private server that makes retail very different. The last thing I want to say in this guide is that I learned from a very special person one day on the ability to build things out of pure objects. That would be YouTube - Painkiller300's Channel Though I am now better at building than him now, he is my true World of Warcraft idol, and I hope a lot of other people can become good like him even though it's a really corny thing to say >>.

Thanks for reading my guide! Remember to leave a post!
    Last edited by Boomshine; 11-29-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Completely Edited & 100% Finished Now

Boomshine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~Reserved Post~

Pyrise's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is this? i didnt learn a thing from it. And your text color scheme is ugly no rep from me >.<

Sounddead's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually thought it wasn't that bad. Maybe change the text color a bit.

+rep

I live in a shoe

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyrise, thank you for the very negative comment, I really appreciate it. I knew I should of let go of the text color a bit xD. And thanks a lot for the rep Sounddead!

Edit: Let off of the flashy colors now
    Last edited by Boomshine; 10-19-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Etna's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was nice but this have been posted alot of times but anyways +rep x2 for posting it and Remember ppl + it was really good Writen

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright rofl thanks for the rep, I know a lot of people have made mall guides but I just wanted to make one that makes decent sense.