0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Arms Review

Combat Arms is entirely a First Person Shooter (multiplayer game with no single-player mode, and contains 5 game modes): Elimination , One Man Army , Search & Destroy , Capture the Flag, and Spy Hunt, as of now consists of 9 maps: Warhead (factory), Pump Jack (station), Snow Valley (missle site with cover snow mountains another good map for sniping), Grayhammer (Station almost like Warhead), Junk Flea (Desert junk place which you could go rambo on this map), Cold Seed (snow place also rambo map), Two Towers (communication center), Brushwood (crashed plane and bushes), and Waverider (tiled rooftops of the resort city of Rupheria cascade down the hillside, mirroring the waves in the sea below the hilltop town) . Players who start a room, (known as the Room Master) are able to choose the map, game mode, set score and time limits, and controls the weapons other players can use or not use, (for example, Melee only, or No sniper rifles allowed). Players are able to obtain in-game money known as gear points (GP) and experience after a match, allowing them to rank up and buy new weapons and equipment, such as armor, uniforms, and backpacks for their persistent characters, don't forget you could also passed the master privilege to another person . There is a rental system of equipment instead of actual purchases of the weapons and gear. The rental periods are 1 day, 7 days, 30 days, and 90 days, each rental period costing more in-game money. This rental period has caused much criticism to the game as players are upset that they cannot own weapons that they buy forever and that they have to keep playing to make up for the GP they used to purchase weapons and gear. The game design was based on a game known as Heat Project, a game made in Korea. The game also uses a customizations system where players can buy silencers, larger magazines, and different types of scopes which can be earned by ranks. You could also buy Nexon Cash to buy cool P.I.M.P.E.D. out items.

Game: Combat Arms
    Genre: First Person Shooter
    Developer: Doobic Studios

Minimum

* Windows 2000
    * Intel Pentium III 1 GHz
    * 256 MB RAM
    * GeForce 2 MX
    * DirectX 9.0c
    * 2.0 GB free HD space
    * 128 kbit/s ADSL or equivalent

Recommended

* Windows XP or later
    * Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
    * 512 MB RAM
    * GeForce FX 5600
    * DirectX 9.0c
    * 2.0 GB free HD space
    * 128 kbit/s ADSL or equivalent

NOTE* Sorry doesn't work with Macintosh

For a free online game the graphics are amazing, above average, comparing to counter strike and probably better. The guns are amazingly drawn, well done 3-D graphics, and the setting is amazing, it makes you feel as if your there. All I have to say is, most other free games don't even compare to combat arms graphics. Compare this and Soldier front and then tell me the difference, you'll be amazed, definitely 9 out of 10 for this artistic game.

Easily one of the best FPS games I've ever played. Pretty much every aspect is amazing. Even the in-game store is pretty cool. I'll start with the lobby. You start off choosing a server when the game loads, then a channel, and then you pick the game room you want! Once in a game room you can just ready up (Or start if the game is already going) and just play until the requirement is met of the game is met. Once done you get a certain amount of GP (The In-Game currency used to buy things at the shop) and experience used to raise your rank. Now I'll go on to the in-game store. This game is bountiful in its guns and items, Of course it's still in its beta so there isn't as many as counter strike or America's army but there's enough to make you asplode thinking what to get. Most items will require certain ranks to buy but otherwise it's all available. There are Primary Guns, then Secondary Guns, then grenades in the shop, only one of each is allowed for you to use, but there is also a “backpack” where you can hold another item so you can use more then 1 (Or 2 depending on backpack) of those. Now onto the Accessory shop, my favorite part of this game. In this shop you can buy accessories for your weapons, like a scope, and a silencer which can lower damage but raise aim. There are extra clip add-ons, etcetera. Of course certain types of guns take certain type of accessories. There are different sections, one for machine guns, sub-machine guns, rifles, and other types of guns, including snipers. Now to talk about the main part of gameplay, the missions. First off are the different modes, you can do team deathmatch, deathmatch, or team play where your team has to do an objective like blow up a missile base. Then there are even more additions to this. You can make them only sniper, only pistol, no grenades, no sniper, only knife, and many more I've probably missed. Now for the shooting. First of all, I have to say this game is extremely hard if you're a new recruit to this game. But that shouldn't matter because it's just plain fun to play this game; it's very realistic, with only 3-4 shots killing you. I like the gameplay a lot though because it is fun and addicting, the way you actually play the game differs a lot to many other FPS's I've played. All I have to say is try it out for yourself because this game is something else!

The music/sound for this game is much like soldier fronts, a lot of trumpets and horns and other brass instruments, Of course this is just the lobby music; however the sounds in game are just as cool as the lobby. First of all the guns (Of course) make different sounds which all FPS games should have! Second of all they make sounds for pretty much everything. For different grenades, reloads, steps, and of different terrains. When you get hit by a grenade it makes all the other sounds kind of drown out, it's hard to explain the sound but play Medal of Honor and get hit by a grenade, you'll see! Otherwise not much is missing from the sound, maybe some music for the settings (Like the sound of an ocean when you're on a map near the sea).

“Combat Arms, a wonderful expansion to free games on the internet”

Screenshots
    As you can see resized this screenshots to fit

Buying armor and etc.

Head Shot!

3v1.

Head Shot again but first kill!

Dead?!
    (Pictures courtesy of IGN.com)

Combat Arms, I started playing this game over the summer it got me very addicted and I personally say that the guild system in Combat Arms is better than World of Warcraft. Blood!? yes there is blood when you die but it doesn't stay there so don't be scared. I can't wait till next few months due to the fact "it will get better". It also has ranks, at the moment i am on rank Staff Sergent 3rd and YES!! i am slow since i don't have time for this games. While you rank up you unlock more new stuff (depends on rank) i think which means the higher rank the better, by the way my highest accolades is unbelieve it's pretty hard to get that. No need to pay at all not even a penny unlike World of Warcraft. Don't forget new stuff every month.

Results: very amazing free FPS game!
    For more info, visit: Combat Arms - Online FPS Action
    NOTICE:This Review might be seen in other websites because i wrote this.
    Last edited by Fireblast; 01-01-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Combat Arms Review
    Igzz's Avatar ✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    59/76
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a bad review, but try to place your images in between the text with

Code:
     [ imgl ][ /imgl ] = LEFT (without spaces)
     [ imgr ] [ /imgr ] = RIGHT (without spaces)
    Example: