0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Memory Editting

I don't have too much experience yet with memory editing or game hacking in total so before i get to the real hacking of wow i'll sure first improve my skills on some singleplayer games. So now i got memory reading/writing working in python(cause I like to write in python rather then C/C++) and my question is:

Is the basic memory Reading detected. So not writing or anything else, just reading (FindWindow, GetWindowThreadProcessId,OpenProcess,ReadProcessMemory).

I guess this not a problem at all to answer for most of you =)

One little thing if i can read,
    I guess i can just find values while using a private server?
    Also, if there's anyone willing to support me better into learning memory editing and more, it would be awesome if you give me your IM so we can contact

[Question] Memory Editting
    Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They wont ban you for reading memory
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

Nesox's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Morphih View Post
    I don't have too much experience yet with memory editing or game hacking in total so before i get to the real hacking of wow i'll sure first improve my skills on some singleplayer games. So now i got memory reading/writing working in python(cause I like to write in python rather then C/C++) and my question is:

Is the basic memory Reading detected. So not writing or anything else, just reading (FindWindow, GetWindowThreadProcessId,OpenProcess,ReadProcessMemory).

I guess this not a problem at all to answer for most of you =)

One little thing if i can read,
    I guess i can just find values while using a private server?
    Also, if there's anyone willing to support me better into learning memory editing and more, it would be awesome if you give me your IM so we can contact
    i wouldn't worry too much about reading i use all those api calls with no problems also my fishBot running right now does both reading and writing and its not detected so i think that's the smallest problem harder to get it working properley :tongueout:

and yes you can find values if ure on a priv. server its the same client

Shynd's blog is really nice if u want to learn some starter things about memoryreading/editing injection etc... Shynd’s WoW Modification Journal
    there's a shitload of stuff to learn you shoud read evry single thread in this section too, eon got some threads woth reading too like this one is pretty good

searching for textstring with olly: wow offsets and pointers
    injecting code: CodeProject: Three Ways to Inject Your Code into Another Process. Free source code and programming help
    good tuts for olly: Tuts 4 You (checkout lena's reversing tutorials for noobs, really nice)
    and heres some ebooks about reversing: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-me...reversing.html
    !

-good luck
    Last edited by Nesox; 09-19-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Morphih's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great support thanks! I've already read the blog, good stuff over there and i'm going to check all this resources now, thanks it's just what i needed!

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warden operates in user-mode, they can't hook APIs at a system-wide level and hence can't detect when you're reading memory from out-of-process.

Morphih's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Warden operates in user-mode, they can't hook APIs at a system-wide level and hence can't detect when you're reading memory from out-of-process.
    Yeah thank you! So well is then only injecting into a process detected? And i guess they've some sort of detection against writing to their memory anyway? Reading from the wow process is already a blessing though... :P

Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injecting a DLL into WoW wont ban you, they only watch some offsets for modifications and send hashes of your modules to Blizzard, they also have some detection routines for certain "rootkits" and known bots.

As long as you don't touch any of the warden watched offsets you should be fine with injection into WoW, if you fear the module scanns you could remove your dll from the module list, there are also some workarounds to change Warden watched stuff like Hooking the Scan Routine removing all memory Patches before the scann and reapply them afterwards.

Take a look at the Warden Wiki Thread for more information on Warden.
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Morphih View Post
    Yeah thank you! So well is then only injecting into a process detected? And i guess they've some sort of detection against writing to their memory anyway? Reading from the wow process is already a blessing though... :P
    No, as I've explained before they can't ban for injection as it is a legitimate 'tool' used by many non-hacking programs. IM clients are an example as some inject DLLs to monitor for an 'Idle' state.