0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The WAR Lawyer - WAR Policies

I updated the thread. The CoC says account sharing is allowed, the EUALA says it's not allowed at all. I don't know which to believe, but just to be safe, don't share your account.

As many of you know, I've quit WoW a while ago, so I've decided to evolve into...THE WAR LAWYER!!!!

Okay, not really. I quit WoW, and I'm playing Warhammer, but I'm not going to become the WAR Lawyer. I really don't have the time, patience, or will to do that.

The title is a joke. I just picked out the most interesting rules in the EUALA and CoC and listed them here for you all:

-You are permitted to buy, sell, and trade accounts, although Mythic does not support it and will not help if a deal goes bad. But it's allowed, much unlike WoW's policies.

UPDATE:

Contradictory game agreements, oh how I hate you so. The EUALA says "account sharing is strictly prohibited, only you can ever access your account, don't ever share your password it's against the rules," and yet the CoC has a section specifically saying that account buying, selling, and trading is allowed, but how can that be allowed if account sharing isn't allowed? The EUALA says you are not allowed to give anyone your password, ever. One person only is ever allowed to access it. Yet, account selling is a-okay.

/facepalm

It's really confusing. Just to be on the safe side, don't share your account or get powerleveling.

TL;DR

Account sharing and powerleveling appear not to be allowed. Account buying, selling, and trading is perfectly allowed.

-You are not allowed to spy on the opposing faction in any way, shape, or form. You are not allowed to collaberate with a friend who is on the opposing faction. You are not allowed to have a second account with a character on the opposing faction, to spy or communicate with them in any way.

-Suspensions range from 1 day, to 3-7 days, to permanent bans.

-Black marks will only stay on an account for 1 year. They stay on for life in WoW.
    Last edited by Verye; 09-15-2008 at 04:40 PM.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

The WAR Lawyer - WAR Policies
    Brutakus's Avatar Brutakus
    Thanks G/R
    10/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gasm'ed at the powerleveling and account sharing allowed ^^
    Ẓ̝̞̭ͫ̿Ȁ̳̪͔͈͉̗͍̇̉͐ͮ͊Ĺ̙̽͐̓ͮ̌̚͡G̲̯͍̽ͫ̂̃̄̂O̪̹͓͍̱̱͝!̝͙̭̩̥̇͊͆ͮ̍̈́̾

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well excuse me. This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

I did one more comb through, and I found a part saying "account sharing is strictly prohibited, only you can ever access it" in the EUALA, and yet the CoC says something completely different.

And yet, there's also a section specifically saying that account buying, selling, and trading is allowed, but how can that be allowed if account sharing isn't allowed?

I really don't know what to say now, heh.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Hasselhoff's Avatar IN A SPEEDO
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the first game I ever read all that crap, and I have noticed exactly what you said. I honestly don't see a problem with it as long as gold is not also sold, seeing as that ruins the economy.

But legal trading/powerleveling? Shweet. (Assuming the CoC Is right)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    This was the first game I ever read all that crap, and I have noticed exactly what you said. I honestly don't see a problem with it as long as gold is not also sold, seeing as that ruins the economy.

But legal trading/powerleveling? Shweet. (Assuming the CoC Is right)
    Powerleveling appears not to be allowed, according to the big EUALA rule.

Selling, buying, and trading of accounts is definitely allowed though. The CoC makes this very, very clear.

Gog123456's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the idea is, paying somebody to play on your account and level for you is AGAINST the rules (thats SHARING)

Transferring ownership completely to another person on the other hand, means you hand over ALL access to that person..you dont own the account now - they do instead (1 person owns it) so therefore thats not sharing.

makes sense to me ^_^

I have not touched WAR at all (kind of over MMO's) but I may look into powerleveling/account selling - seems pretty cool xD

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gog123456 View Post
    I think the idea is, paying somebody to play on your account and level for you is AGAINST the rules (thats SHARING)

Transferring ownership completely to another person on the other hand, means you hand over ALL access to that person..you dont own the account now - they do instead (1 person owns it) so therefore thats not sharing.

makes sense to me ^_^

I have not touched WAR at all (kind of over MMO's) but I may look into powerleveling/account selling - seems pretty cool xD
    I understand, it's just odd to say "you are never allowed to give your password to anyone, ever, EVER, NEVER EVER, DON'T DO IT, ONLY ONE PERSON CAN EVER KNOW THE PASSWORD AND THAT'S YOU BLASDOANSDOISAHDIASHDASDFADASDF," then it goes on to say "but you can give it to someone else if you're selling or trading the account."

Gog123456's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Verye View Post
    I understand, it's just odd to say "you are never allowed to give your password to anyone, ever, EVER, NEVER EVER, DON'T DO IT, ONLY ONE PERSON CAN EVER KNOW THE PASSWORD AND THAT'S YOU BLASDOANSDOISAHDIASHDASDFADASDF," then it goes on to say "but you can give it to someone else if you're selling or trading the account."
    certainly its odd, but im not complaining =)

i think their point is, only 1 person owns 1 account at a given time, but yeh, saying dont give out ur PW, but u can sell ur acc sounds strange, but its quite logical once u think about what they are actually trying to say.

Honsu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling allowed.. Oh wow. I'm so going to start playing WAR.
    I just have to think where I will get the $50 o start with and the $15 monthly after that...

Caliga's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm cute... level sell level sell level sell. Uhm We are going to see WTS xx level xx class on WAR channels.