0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class Reviews

FIRST!

FOR A MORE INDEPTH AND ADVANCED REVIEWS OF EVERY SINGLE CLASS GO TO
    Character Classes - WAR is Everywhere - Warhammer Online - warhammer.gamepressure.com < Much more informative.

sauce

Orc Choppa Class Guide
    The Warhammer Online Orc Choppa class would be categorized under the bash and smash class. If you were the guy who always enjoyed playing those warrior type classes where you run in and kill everything with your swords with your big ugly ogres or tauren, then this is the path you will most likely want to take. The Orc Choppa is basically a warrior on steroids.

Estimated Class Strengths
    Has the ability to do massive damage in combat
    Has the ability to wield 2 choppas (swords) in battle
    Estimated Class Weaknesses
    Could not serve as a tank because it only wears medium armor
    Is bound to fighting in melee combat so will be possibly weak to those classes that take advantage of ranged combat
    PVP (Player vs Player)

I have always been a fan of the bash and smash classes in PVP like the warriors from world of warcraft. I predict that this class will be very similar to a fury warrior. The charge and intercept abilities were my favorites in WOW so Warhammer Online will have to somehow rip off those abilities all for the better.

PVE (Player vs Environment)

As far as taking down the big bad guys. This class will most likely will be one of those "filler" classes because they probably won't be doing the most damage in this scenario and they aren't exactly the greatest tanks either. Over all though, this shouldn't keep you from enjoying a good smash and bash with the Warhammer Online Orc Choppa Class.

Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine Class Guide
    The Dark Elf Disciple class is one of wierd eeriness when in combat for their dark god. I would like to compare this class to a warlock in world of warcraft. They use lots of damage over time abilities (dots) and life tap.

Estimated Strengths
    Causes lots of damage through dots and dark casting abilities
    Has the ability to heal
    Estimated Weaknesses

Most likely to be a little bit squishy when taking hits. Obviously this class is not a tanking class
    PVP (Player vs Player)

This class will freakin own at PVP. Having the ability to cast damage over time and bash stuff with your weapons will put you as a great class for PVP. If you played WOW, then you know that warlocks and shadow priests were awesome for PVP, but imagine a warlock with a sword. For damage in any situation, this is the class you want to pick

Since this class can play as damage or healing, it will be very useful for grouping up and taking the big bad guys down. Being able to trade off with two completely different great roles will make you very valuable in Warhammer Online.

Goblin Shaman Class Guide
    The goblin shaman looks to be a healer and support class for the greenskins, but also a damage dealing class as well with magic.

Estimated Strengths
    Has the ability to heal itself and others
    Has many different crowd control abilities and ways to escape
    Estimated Weaknesses

Armor is VERY weak
    Can be killed very quickly
    PVP (Player vs Player)

From what I have seen of this class, they are quite squishy when it comes to PVP. This might be because people are not used to taking advantage of the Golbin Shaman crowd control. There are a few videos on Youtube of the Goblin Shaman and some that show them getting killed in a matter of 3 or 4 hits. This doesn't seem uncommon though. If you played world of warcraft, you could see that classes like priests, mages and warlocks could get killed pretty quickly if the players didn't know what they were doing. Maybe this class will pan out better in PVP in the long run, but as of right now it is not the strongest class for PVP combat.

Now for PVE, this is a whole different genre of usability for the Golbin Shaman. These guys will be expected to heal when taking on the big guys. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure this character is the only class that can heal for the greenskins. You can always find a zealot (who I believe heals) or I would place my bet on the dark elves having a good healing class. Over all, this class will be wanted for PVE just like any healer would be.

Empire Bright Wizard Class Guide
    Remember mages from world of warcraft? We'll I would like to say that this class is most likely going to be going in that direction (the fire spec mage anyway). The only weapons they can really wield are staves, but their damage is not based on physical smash and bash. These guys will dominate by casting nasty fire spells.

Estimated Strengths
    Massive damage to opponents by casting fire
    Will have some sort of crowd control (like sheep from wow) most likely
    Possibly have some sort of magic shield
    Estimated Weaknesses

Will probably be easy to kill
    Bears pretty much no armor
    PVP (Player vs Player)

I estimate that this class will be a great career path for PVP. Most of it will be determined by skill though. Since this will probably similar to the mage class in WOW, you will probably have to do you best to keep your opponents from hitting you and blast them away with fire spells. Damage wise I think this class will pan out to be one of the best.

This will be a great class for damage against bosses and mobs. The only problem will be finding the balance between doing enough damage and not pulling aggro from the tank whoever that may be. If strong mobs come up to this guy and start bashing at him, he will most likely go down quickly. Overall this will be a fun damage dealing class to play (if not one of the best).

Dwarf Ironbreaker Class Guide
    If there was ever a tank for the order, the Ironbreaker was it. They can wield axes, hammers and shields and are very useful to take all the hits for your group. I think that when this game hits the shelves, this is the class to play if you want to be the center of attention (with both your groups and the enemy).

Estimated Strengths
    Able to aggro (or taunt) targets onto itself
    Able to survive for a long time taking damage
    Able to block with a shield
    Estimated Weaknesses

Damage output will be low
    Moving speed will be slow compared to other classes (no speed buffs)
    Slow leveling process
    PVP (Player vs Player)

This career will get a lot of action in PVP. If EA Mythic plans on putting some sort of talent system onto the classes, then there is a possibility that this class could have some sort of "Damage" Spec for PVP. Although fun in PVP, playing with a healer is strongly suggested.

This will be a must class for grouping up and taking down big monsters. Every group needs a tank to take all the hits while receiving heals and this career path will lead to that. Equipped with a shield, you should have no problem taking down the heaviest hitting enemies.

Last edited by Obama; 09-10-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Class Reviews
    Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama, way to start it up!

Stormyt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup very helpful. Hopefully these forums will start filling up with some wicked info.

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great posts, but Screenshots make a 'summary' / Review threads even better!
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

L'Lawliet's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    choppas arent in the game as far as i know now. look. Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Online
    doesnt show the career option for it.

Randie's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice obama, very helpful

[F]ear's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! +rape
    PROUD MEMBER OF WWW.FIXAPPLE.DK

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully some screenshots will be added soon.

Maybe a whole revamp of it.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Quty's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been testing this game for a few months now with my guild.

This is what you need to know...

For Order all you need is 2 iron breaker, 2 rune priests, 2 DPS. That will be the core for many groups.

The iron breaker is tough to take down alone and especially hard with healers. They offer lots of utility like the ability to "Guard" someone; which, takes half the damage from a guarded friend 30-feet away.

The Rune Priest is just a beast. Hard to take down and can keep others up as well with their rune shield and HoTs.

DPS can be anything from Shadow Warriors or Bright Wizards for siege keeps.

Destruction

2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 dps again

With the recent changes to Black Orcs, they lost a lot of their burst dmg. Normal beta testers wont see these changes yet, but they will be there when the game goes Live. BUT! They do offer a lot of utility like group AP regen, guard and a 40% snare.

Chosen can be the other tank as they are tough to take down and are the mirror of the Iron Breaker.

Disciple of Khaine will most likely be the healer of choice since they have more survivability than the Shaman.

DPS, witch elf is good or the squid herder. Haven't played them, so can't say much.

The other classes not mentioned aren't worth mentioning at this point in time.

Farylon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    choppas arent in the game as far as i know now. look. Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Online
    doesnt show the career option for it.
    That's because the wiki posted by op is out of date.

Best bet is to hit up the forums at Warhammer Alliance for guides, speculations, discussions, etc.

Also thanks Quty for the information.

.Cyong's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They arent releasing the Choppa due to the game wouldnt be finished by said date because of bugs and other things. but they are most likely going to release it in an Xpac

L'Lawliet's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no they arent releasing it because its too overpowered. it increases its damage and speed every second he is in battle. After 2 minutes people couldnt kill him. but he will come after a couple months.

c0ddingt0n's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ima make a dark elf