0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scam or Not? Please Let me Know

Alright, I have been playing on a mage for about a day or so, and I recieved this message today, legit or not?

Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account has been accessed by someone who is not allowed to use it. The account has been disabled, so that you can regain sole and secure access. If you use a credit card to subscribe, it has been removed so you are not charged while the account is disabled. Please keep this email until you have regained account access.

1.) WHY DID THIS HAPPEN AND HOW CAN I STOP IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN?

Account compromises are usually a result of the registered user sharing their account. Please take a moment to review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use at WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use which state that your Password is to be kept confidential at all times and you are solely responsible for the security of your Password. You may not disclose your Password to anyone, or allow your Password to be used by anyone other than yourself and/or your one (1) minor child. This includes, but is not limited to, compensated third parties accessing the account to advance characters in any way.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Password, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Password, whether or not authorized by you. Also, note that the security of the Account is your responsibility. Furthermore, Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize the transfer of Accounts, and any authorized transfer of the World of Warcraft software (as set forth on the WorldofWarcraft.com website) will result in the permanent deletion of the Account attached to that software. You may not offer any Account for sale or trade, and any such offer is a violation of this Agreement and may result in suspension or termination of the Account.

To help ensure that no viruses are present that may threaten your account, please regularly scan all computer systems that you use to remove all viruses, including Trojan files, spyware and key loggers. You can find links to scanners in our article about computer and internet security tips at (Blizzard Support). Also be sure to change your account password regularly at (https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account).

2.) HOW DO I GET MY ACCOUNT BACK?

Download and use this form to regain account access: (http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/othe...-Retrieval.pdf). Proper use of the form is the only way to retrieve account access. Please send your submission as soon as possible since Blizzard Entertainment is unable to offer any type of reimbursement for the time an account is disabled.

3.) I"M HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING THE FORM!

The newest version of the free Adobe Reader© can be downloaded at (Adobe). If clicking the link doesn"t work, right-click it and choose "Save Target As..." to save the file to your computer. If that doesn"t work either, reply to this message and we will send the file as an attachment.

4.) I SENT MY DOCUMENTS, NOW WHAT?

We will contact you again once your submission is received and processed. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of sending your email or fax, please resend it and notify us at (Blizzard Support). If you send your submission by postal mail, please allow time for delivery. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

Only Account Administration is able to assist with account retrieval issues. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at Blizzard Support

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,
    Poyule
    Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard Support
    How to Stay in the Game: Blizzard Support

Scam or Not? Please Let me Know
    SarahPalin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Thats legit is the Account disabled?

Durand44's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just wanted to know before I opened the file. Oh well had my fun while it lasted

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the email really have "I"M" or is that a typo, because if it's really like that, it's prolly fake.

Smallfry's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it is legit. Had one sent to me and I was wondering if it was real or not, cause it didn't look like the usual Blizzard email.

It's not ego if you actually are that awesome.

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lock email. It looks legit.

A lock is when your account is closed until you send in ID.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.