0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Individual Beta Patches for WotLK Emu

I haven't seen this except for scams. This is legit & is great for those of you that are stuck downloading the client then having it auto update past the patch number you want. Part of this is b/c of one of the newer patches which is set to download/install at any prior Beta Version. This is a small guide for you beginners at this like myself that do not know as much about this as you would like & could use a little bit of a push in the right direction. First off you will need to download the client if you haven't already. Below you will find the links for it. Remember you can only use the Beta client if you have Alpha you need to uninstall it first & download one of these.

Thank you TheCrusher since I used your links for the client downloads.

enUS Beta Client : http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downl...ader-enUS.html
    enGB Beta Client : http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downl...ader-enGB.html

After you have downloaded this & you go through the installation which involves downloading the client which takes a good while so while its downloading go grab a snack & drink, watch a tv show, play a video game. When your finished it should hopefully have finished downloading. Next comes the installation when you double click the file, you'll get the installation screen like your installing a new game. Click on install, & then you get to wait another 5-15mins for it to install speeds will vary on how fast your machine is. After it has finished installing you click on finished/OK then close the installer screen since your not ready to play it yet. When you do it will immediately attempt to update your version to 8820. This next link is to an updated site on the WotLK Beta Forums. I'm not going to take credit for this guys hard work, but I do want make sure that its available here for everyone that still want to use the DB's that use 8770 or 8788.

WoW Forums -> Patch & Client Mirrors

Thank you Nebshar! for keeping up on this, & hosting these beta patches.

If your wanting to do a 8770 or 8788 db, you will have to go in order from the client version to the next one in the list, until you get to the one you want. This can take awhile, I suggest get yourself a drink or two possibly another snack while you wait. After each installation to the next patch it will try to download 8820 again, you just have to cancel it after it starts downloading or if your fast enough close the launcher. I've tried several times to edit the realmlist in the Beta folder so that it wouldn't attempt to look for the next patch, but for some reason up to 8788 it did my only assumption is that it kept replacing the Realmlist every install.

Anyhow I know this isn't the greatest guide ever, I might go through & add screen shots to help, but I do hope that this helps any of you who may need it.

If you wish to use a pretty decent Mangos WotLK setup guide then please visit http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...ta-server.html

Which has been provided by TheCrusher & he does update it regularily. Enjoy

**Note** If I have helped you in anyway or if your just feeling kind then please press the +Rep button. I could use it as I'm tired of being a Leecher.

For Moderators, wasn't sure if my post should go in this forum or another one. If it doesn't belong here could you move this to the correct forum that it belongs in? or tell me which one so that I can copy & paste there so this one can be deleted? I would appreciate.
    Last edited by LordDrago; 09-02-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Individual Beta Patches for WotLK Emu
    erebos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info. But next time don't ask for rep. I'll +rep anyways

LordDrago's Avatar Member