Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Addon Release] [ArcEmu] SwiftDiscipline GM Addon by Twist3d

SwiftDiscipline 1.02
    Player Control Addon for GMs on ArcEmu Servers, by Twist3d.

Last Updated: 2/12/2009
    Update: Dropdown menus now work with 3.0.x, thanks to a fix submitted by olie440.

Work on this addon has been suspended.
    I am working on its successor, SwiftGM. You can read more at this post:
    SwiftGM Details

Hey mmowned, this release is an addon I've been working on for my own server for the last couple of weeks, it went through a sort of closed beta where I had all of the GMs on my server using it for about a week, and I used that time to squash out some bugs and add some features.
    The addon is called SwiftDiscipline.

What is SwiftDiscipline?
    Basically, SwiftDiscipline is an addon that attempts to make it easier for GMs on ArcEmu servers to, well, discipline their players. Swiftly.

How do I use SwiftDiscipline?
    SwiftDiscipline is very easy to use, with uncluttered prompt windows and an intuitively laid out UI that leaves little question as to how it functions.
    The main method of working with the addon is via the eight command buttons that you will find on the bottom right of your screen. Clicking on these buttons will open a window that takes the information required for the command you selected, such as Kick Reason, Ban Duration, Port Location, etc. Clicking on a button with a player targeted will prefill the player name box with the target's name.

An alternate, yet equally convenient method of using SwiftDiscipline is via the dropdown menu buttons that the addon adds to the BlizzardUI UnitPopup dropdowns (these are the menus that appear when you right-click on someone's name in chat or when you right click on your target's portrait). This is especially useful when you're receiving a flood of "OMFG REZZ MY HERO PL0x" whispers, as you can just right click on their name and select Resurrect.

The addon also has a couple other tricks up its sleeve, check out the feature list and the screenshots following it below.

SwiftDiscipline's Features

-Adds a sort of control panel for commonly used functions such as Kick, Account-Ban, IP-Ban, Mute, Teleport, Paralyze, and Revive.

-Prefills player name with currently selected target.

-Hooks into the Blizzard UnitPopup dropdown menus to provide a quick way to Kick, Ban, Appear, Summon, Port, or Resurrect a player.

-Allows for up to 10 "Saved Reasons" for player kicks. These saved reasons are predefined, editable strings of text that you can use to quickly provide a reason for a kick such as Vulgar language, exploiting, use of caps-lock, etc.

-Counts the number of times a player has been kicked in a session (by any GM) and suggests a temporary ban when the kick count gets high.

-Completely removes the need for a GM to use .playerinfo to get a player's account name or IP address for a ban, SwiftDiscipline does this automatically, and also warns you if the player you're about to ban has GM permissions.

-Comes with a basic stat tracking feature, allowing you to see how many kicks, bans, revives, ports etc. you've done since the addon was installed.

-Sends a server-wide announcement for player bans (can be disabled).

-Intuitive, easy-to-use prompt GUI system with uncluttered windows and a small, unobtrusive main window that doesn't take up unnecessarily large amounts of screen space.

-Includes a minimize feature that reduces the main window's size to a very small, thin bar.

-And more!!!11

Screenshots
    Some of these screenshots are from version 0.9, and as such there will be minor cosmetic differences between the current release and the release depicted in the screenshots, such as the ban announcement, which will now display durations as Forever (for 0) or 1 year, 4 months, 6 days, 1 hour (for 1y 6d 4m 1h, etc.).

The main windows.

The dropdown menus.

The account ban window in action.

The IP ban window in action.

Kick counting example.

Minimized mode.

Download
    Zipped:
    http://leetsoft.net/downloads/SwiftDiscipline.zip

SVN Repository:
    http://swiftdiscipline.googlecode.co...wiftdiscipline
    (Google Code's SVN feature is really f*cked up so I apologize if this doesn't work, I have no idea if you can even checkout anonymously)

Changelog
    Changelog.rtf

Feedback
    If you like the addon, that's great! However, I'd also love to hear from you if there are somethings you don't like about the addon, and especially if you've got suggestions as to how to improve the addon!

Please post any feature requests, suggestions, bugs, or general comments here, I'll try to respond to all of them and I will try my best to implement your requests. However, try to keep requests around the general area of disciplining players, as SwiftDiscipline is currently for dealing with players.
    Though if enough people ask, I might make a separate addon with a similar system for handling other GM commands

FINAL NOTE
    This addon is designed to work with ArcEmu commands and system messages. It may not work with other emulators or newer revs of ArcEmu if commands or system messages (like pinfo output) are changed. Testing and development for this addon was done on ArcEmu r579, and support for the new command set introduced in ArcEmu r583 is also supported. It MIGHT work with Aspire or other Ascent based emulators but only if the commands and the system GM messages have not changed.

Last edited by Twisted7; 02-12-2009 at 08:09 PM.

[Addon Release] [ArcEmu] SwiftDiscipline GM Addon by Twist3d
    Saint-Pasdoy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt that got posted before ?

Clain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sir, win. +Rep and will try this.

Twisted7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Saint-Pasdoy View Post
    Isnt that got posted before ?
    No? How can this have been posted before? I've only started writing it about a week ago, and as far as I know there are no other GM addons that work in the same way as this one, or with the same featureset.

EmiloZ's Avatar Flying Piggy Back
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh shitz, niice
    Why fill up a signature?

Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is indeed very cool

Maven01's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice...But this is only for Discipline? Like no other features?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Maven, it's currently only for player-related things like disciplining and porting/reviving. The commands it features are .kick, .account ban, .addipban, .mute, .appear, .summon, .recall port, .revive, and .paralyze.
    I don't really plan to add commands unrelated to players/targets at the moment such as .go, .npc etc... but I suppose if there is enough demand for those commands with the SwDi UI system then I could add them to the addon and rename it SwiftGM or something.

But that would have to be later, since I'm going to take a break from this addon for a little while and go back to working on my retail addon that I sort of abandoned after I started getting back into private servers about a month ago.

In other news, screenshots have been updated to show the newest version, and I'm working on a couple minor new features (including mute) that I'll throw into 1.0, which will hopefully be complete in a couple days.

Please submit suggestions and bug reports so that I may include them in the 1.0 release, and thanks to those who are enjoying the addon now.
    Last edited by Twisted7; 08-22-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Version 1.0 update has been uploaded, mute feature is now present and several other bugs/modifications were made. Also changed the screenshots again.
    v1.0
    -Mute tool now added, it works in a similar way to the ban window except you do not provide a reason and do not have to confirm.
    -Added daily stat feature. Stat tracking will now keep track of your stats for today, in addition to "Lifetime" stats. These daily stats will clear at the end of each day.
    -Changed Refresh button in Stats window to Reset, which will reset all stats.
    -Added an option to disable the "Consider a Ban" message box.
    -Added an option to close all previously opened windows when opening a new window.
    -Fixed a stat-tracking bug where attempting to appear or summon a non-existant/logged out player would decrease your ports stat by one.
    -/sd repos will now correctly reset the positions of all windows.
    -Minimap button position will now default to -7 instead of 40, which was right on top of the map/tracking buttons.
    -Expanded revive button tooltip, and replaced most instances of Revive with Resurrect.
    -Removed some comments that were accidentally left in the code from my copypasta'ing of my other addon.
    -Right clicking on the SwiftDiscipline main window will bring up the config window.
    -Fixed a display error when IP banning, the "Banning IP address..." message would be printed to the account ban window, not the IP ban window.
    -Added 10 second timeouts for bans and mutes. Since these commands have to put the addon in a "Waiting" state (to wait for the .playerinfo to come in and to wait for the ban to complete) if the command failed for any reason (.playerinfo never came in, or ban confirmation was never recieved) then the addon would be stuck in the waiting state and would not accept new operations until a UI reload or logout. After 10 seconds of waiting the addon will now timeout.
    -SwiftDiscipline dropdown menu items are now light-blue, this should allow the user to more easily notice they are a part of SwiftDiscipline, since apparently they are easily overlooked (I had two GMs not notice the feature until I pointed it out to them, after several days of using the addon).

Saedusii's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would +Rep you but I have given to much reputation out in the past 24 hours, I'll +Rep you tomorrow. Epic addon.

Wolfly's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I laughed at Saved Reason #10 :P. +2 Rep, you earned it.

AzolexX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realy Great tool
    +RepX2

Find about scripting, programming and music! My blog: https://worldofsmth.wordpress.com!

EpicDude86's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VERY awesome!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SwDi v1.01 has been uploaded, it now supports the "new" ArcEmu command set from r583.

v1.0.1
    -Went through the code and removed more copypasta remnants from my Paranoia addon.
    -SwiftDiscipline now supports the "new" set of ArcEmu GM commands changed in revision 583. The addon will attempt to detect your server's revision number upon login and will choose a command set accordingly. If your server does not send the "Server: ArcEmu TRUNK rXXX" message upon login, or if SwiftDiscipline cannot parse the message, it will default to the old command set (the strfind pattern is "Server.+)r(%d+)", so it will detect revision numbers even if ArcEmu is not in the Server: message, but if used with other cores such as Aspire it may choose the wrong command set).

Reece060's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where do i place the files lol..?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast