0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk Bid then Buyout Guide

If you don't like teh green text. Scroll down for a normal color, and normal sized font version.

This is for lower levels needing some extra gold. It might get you a few, maybe 10 in a single go if you get lucky. It uses basic strategies of buying and reselling on the auctionhouse to make the money.

Let me make it clear, it might not work on your server (All based on your economy), and this might be common knowledge to some of you, but a ton of people don't know about it.

First, you need some money to start with, 5 gold would be the best, it won't get you alot, but you can make some off of it, and keep getting more and more till you can do the guide on a larger scale.

Go to the auction house, and search up "Silk Cloth", without the quotations. Obviously, there should be a ton of listings, but what we're looking for, are any silk posts that have a low bid (Only stacks of 20). Make sure its a stack of twenty and search for the lowest bids you can find. There should be a trend where the Bid will be about the same for most of the posts. Bid on the lowest bids (for as much gold as you want to get rid of). Next step, do whatever you want. Level, PvP, log to an alt, log off, it doesn't matter. Just come back in a while, and see how many bids you won. It obviously won't be as many as you accualy bid for, because people will buy them out. If that does happen, you get your gold back, so it's no biggie. Head back to the AH... Once again, search "Silk Cloth" without quotations. Find the lowest buy out there is. Post your silk, that you won from the bids, back up for a margin of a few silver below the lowest buyout.

So if the lowest buyout is 1g 20s 0c, put yours up for 1g 0s 0c, or something like that, you can be more greedy if you want, but if you go to high, it might not sell, or someone might post below you, and your out of luck.

MAKE SURE!!!! That your buyout is more than you paid for the bid (and you want some leeway for the amount that it costs to post up the silk), or you're just losing money. If the lowest buyout is lower than your bid price, either wait, or if there is only a few really low buyouts, you can post above if you want wish.

You'll make around, at least 50s or more (At least I did) for each stack, if you do it correctly.

Obviously, if you do this as a 70, you must be piss broke. I posted this for the lower leveled users that need a way to get gold.

This is for lower levels needing some extra gold. It might get you a few, maybe 10 in a single go if you get lucky. It uses basic strategies of buying and reselling on the auctionhouse to make the money.

Let me make it clear, it might not work on your server (All based on your economy), and this might be common knowledge to some of you, but a ton of people don't know about it.

First, you need some money to start with, 5 gold would be the best, it won't get you alot, but you can make some off of it, and keep getting more and more till you can do the guide on a larger scale.

Go to the auction house, and search up "Silk Cloth", without the quotations. Obviously, there should be a ton of listings, but what we're looking for, are any silk posts that have a low bid (Only stacks of 20). Make sure its a stack of twenty and search for the lowest bids you can find. There should be a trend where the Bid will be about the same for most of the posts. Bid on the lowest bids (for as much gold as you want to get rid of). Next step, do whatever you want. Level, PvP, log to an alt, log off, it doesn't matter. Just come back in a while, and see how many bids you won. It obviously won't be as many as you accualy bid for, because people will buy them out. If that does happen, you get your gold back, so it's no biggie. Head back to the AH... Once again, search "Silk Cloth" without quotations. Find the lowest buy out there is. Post your silk, that you won from the bids, back up for a margin of a few silver below the lowest buyout.

So if the lowest buyout is 1g 20s 0c, put yours up for 1g 0s 0c, or something like that, you can be more greedy if you want, but if you go to high, it might not sell, or someone might post below you, and your out of luck.

MAKE SURE!!!! That your buyout is more than you paid for the bid (and you want some leeway for the amount that it costs to post up the silk), or you're just losing money. If the lowest buyout is lower than your bid price, either wait, or if there is only a few really low buyouts, you can post above if you want wish.

You'll make around, at least 50s or more (At least I did) for each stack, if you do it correctly.

Obviously, if you do this as a 70, you must be piss broke. I posted this for the lower leveled users that need a way to get gold.

Good Luck! =)
    Last edited by Creed; 08-20-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Had to clear some stuff up.

Silk Bid then Buyout Guide
    myojinyahiko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pure EPIC win! +3 rep

grim412's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont like eaither of the colors, can u post it in purple please?

hsnap:
    :run:

Creed's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by grim412 View Post
    i dont like eaither of the colors, can u post it in purple please?

hsnap:
    Lawlz

Good Luck! =)

HolyBeast's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pointless, Thread is pointless...
    This could be done with any item at any time. This is saying, "Buy stuff cheap and resell high = Profit" and since thats the case, this is a repost of OVER 9000!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beastreality View Post
    This could be done with any item at any time. This is saying, "Buy stuff cheap and resell high = Profit" and since thats the case, this is a repost of OVER 9000!
    Originally Posted by Creed
    and this might be common knowledge to some of you, but a ton of people don't know about it.
    and this might be common knowledge to some of you, but a ton of people don't know about it.
    Come back when your off your period. I'm not asking for rep, I used to do this, so I thought I could help out some of the newer lower leveled users, who are probably leechers and can't rep me anyway.

By the way, nice name.

Last edited by Creed; 08-20-2008 at 06:34 PM.

myojinyahiko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beastreality View Post
    HEY! Flame some more, jerk

Xiquag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey i thought it was a nice guide he took time and yes it may be common sense to you but some people wanted a good item to do it with and silk is one of the best.

omg123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    common sense imo :P

i used to do this with ores n stuf and i would get like 50gold for just visiting the ah from just reselling the stujff

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by omg123 View Post
    common sense imo :P

i used to do this with ores n stuf and i would get like 50gold for just visiting the ah from just reselling the stujff
    2 out of 4 users (so far) can't read the post, and see that I say it's common sense to alot of people. Xiquag's post is pretty much why I made this thread, silk is a good item to do this with.

Hell I can't see how this is detrimental to MMOwned... I just don't appreciate it, when a leecher comes in, and flames my post, when I'm just trying to help out. Especially when you haven't contributed shit to the community.

jmp003's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    2 out of 4 users (so far) can't read the post, and see that I say it's common sense to alot of people. Xiquag's post is pretty much why I made this thread, silk is a good item to do this with.

Hell I can't see how this is detrimental to MMOwned... I just don't appreciate it, when a leecher comes in, and flames my post, when I'm just trying to help out. Especially when you haven't contributed shit to the community.

i dont get it

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jmp003 View Post
    i dont get it
    Not sure what you don't get. The picture or the text. The picture is that it's a kid with an award to the Special Olympics. Thus, Congratulations for winning, you retarded for being in the Special Olympics >.>

The text, is that I already addressed Beastreality's post, and then some guy comes along, and said the exact same thing. It's like, don't flame about something if you don't even read it.

Grizzam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This works really well on all servers, actually, not just economy based. It's based on the lazy attitude of people, lets face it people do not farm low level mats and are willing to pay a decent amount when power leveling professions