Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stolen credit cards

Scenario Time!

Say I go to my local library, buy a $850 laptop with a stolen credit card, use next day shipping and have it sent to a abandoned house, and go pick it up, what are the chances of my getting caught?

Thanks all that help

Stolen credit cards
    Adrenalin3's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that high, at your library, I'm not sure how they do it, but at my local library, they have you log in with your library card number and a PIN you make. It wouldn't be likely for you to get caught.

If they make you do something like my library does, it would bring you chances of getting caught really high. The police could ask the librarian for logs of people who were on at X time when you bought the laptop and see what websites you went to.

stigggs's Avatar needhelpflashinxbox

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Adrenalin3 View Post
    Not that high, at your library, I'm not sure how they do it, but at my local library, they have you log in with your library card number and a PIN you make. It wouldn't be likely for you to get caught.

If they make you do something like my library does, it would bring you chances of getting caught really high. The police could ask the librarian for logs of people who were on at X time when you bought the laptop and see what websites you went to.
    Our library there is a sign in sheet (Name/Time you got on). Tomarrow I will be Jordan and log in 3 hours after I had already made the purchase

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you're chances are the high of getting caught, I would recommend you walk by the house a few times before actually picking up the package. Scope around, make sure no one is looking, ALSO make sure they don't require signing, then you'll be screwed, I believe more expensive packages require signing, I ordered $80 headsets and they didn't require signing, it was FedExed to me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Adrenalin3 View Post
    Yeah you're chances are the high of getting caught, I would recommend you walk by the house a few times before actually picking up the package. Scope around, make sure no one is looking, ALSO make sure they don't require signing, then you'll be screwed, I believe more expensive packages require signing, I ordered $80 headsets and they didn't require signing, it was FedExed to me.
    The high of getting caught? I thought they are pretty low Nah Ive ordered $400+ in stuff and they never required signing. Im gonna go through the backyard to pick up the package and bike home with it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant to say aren't* typo, sorry.

brendanec's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suspect a sig required, and if you miss them, they will ask you to come into the post office with an ID.

Keep us updated from jail.

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not very smart that you posted on the internet about it, but the situation seems safe and the best way to go about buying stolen goods. if you have an abandoned house that looks like it isnt all torn down that is also good. leave a not on the door or something saying that you work from like 9am-8 PM and just to leave it on the doorstep.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Clovian View Post
    Not very smart that you posted on the internet about it, but the situation seems safe and the best way to go about buying stolen goods. if you have an abandoned house that looks like it isnt all torn down that is also good. leave a not on the door or something saying that you work from like 9am-8 PM and just to leave it on the doorstep.
    Good idea! I'm gonna try this soon

StrykerMikado's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stigggs View Post
    Good idea! I'm gonna try this soon
    That suggestion works best. I know with the apple store, you can just leave a note with your "signature" and that is good enough for them.

klamor's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i thought threads about stealing gamecards were bad.... sheesh

my dad's wallet got stolen and the person who stole it spent something like 20k in like a week, and was never caught....

Scald's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by klamor View Post
    and i thought threads about stealing gamecards were bad.... sheesh

my dad's wallet got stolen and the person who stole it spent something like 20k in like a week, and was never caught....
    due to laws in place the owner of the credit card is not liable for fraudulent charges made on your credit card

what it boils down to is that besides providing the owner alot of inconvenience, and being very illegal, it ends up being a faceless crime, there is no one that you can see being hurt, making it attractive for many people

Catface's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol my mothers credit card was stolen and someone bought an 700k car -_- he got caught lol xD
    cause my mother never spends like 700k on a car the credit card company called if my mother made that purchase and she said no and then he(the one who stole the card) got tracked down and now hes in jail PWNED
    oh yes that is the good stuff

forces's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Catface View Post
    lol my mothers credit card was stolen and someone bought an 700k car -_- he got caught lol xD
    cause my mother never spends like 700k on a car the credit card company called if my mother made that purchase and she said no and then he(the one who stole the card) got tracked down and now hes in jail PWNED
    Haha, I bet he's getting cornholed right now. O_o
    C++ SKILL[||||||||||||]

Xronis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be fine, i used to do it and never got caught, just stay in stealth while picking up the package at night. And if you have stolen credit cards up for grabs/sale please PM me. thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast