0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone ever played Second Life?

So, I was scouting around the net the other day lookinf for a new MMO to try when i found this one called Second Life. I Honestly think it looks like a POS game and hence didnt bother attampting to play.
    lately though, its been in my mind and ive been wondering. Has anoyone out there played this before? And if so is it worth it, or are my assumptions correct?
    My sig is the 1337 Haxsor

Anyone ever played Second Life?
    EliMob441's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Anyone ever played Second Life?

Well not to the Thooooousands of people who play. Its a social game more than a roleplaying game, its a Secondlife the name said it all SECOND LIFE

Cittidel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't really like it.. it seemed kind of like myspace with runescape graphics, but I wasn't on that long.

As a side note, I put on speedhack in cheat engine while playing that game, you lag terribly even if it's just set to 4 or so. :lol:

Snitch's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend has made a lot of money out of the game but what Cittidel said, it's a myspace with runescapeish graphics.

Snitch

qckdrw777's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...i downloaded the game client and played today, what everyone said was spot on. I personally wouldnt be caught playing for more than a few minutes, but thats just me. The graphics were barely better than a java based game and the game engine seemed to lag alot. Not to mention everywhere i went someone seemed to be having cyber sex in the open. Anyway, not the game for me.
    My sig is the 1337 Haxsor

Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HALF LIFE

times

FOUR

minus

GOOD

equals

SECOND LIFE

I originally had this in images, but it was being stupid and posting the dumb link.

Mr.Goomis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend made me play this a week ago and im playin it once a night, pretty nice...
    I mostly sit on camping chairs to gain some money on this while chattin with some guys/girls of mah country, alot of fun tbh. ,)
    Especially when ur bored lol.

sc0182's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm SC. I have a problem. I play Second Life. I have no First Life.

Anyway. The point of SL is to be a platform. It has a STRANGE learning curve. I sat down for a few minutes every month for a year trying to figure things out, but it absolutely tasted terrible in my mouth. Finally I picked up a newbie's guide and used the start money to turn my avatar into a robot, and then a well-dressed MiB looking avatar.

Point is, SecondLife is a platform. LL (LindinLabs), a San Frasico-based company has finally broken the earth of advertising. Now the game is getting tons of publicity and it goes from recreational gameplay, to universities using Second Life to teach a class the practices of 3D Modeling.

The strongest alure of SL is the fact that it is an _unlimited_ system. There are two options. A) You buy it, B) If it doesn't exist (Which is rare), you make it. People who are good with photoshop and 3D modeling will take to the system like a duck to water.

Last year The Edge (A nightclub I visited to make fun of all the people who have no lives. ... Strange how that works out.) was sold by it's owner for 100,000 dollars or some silly thing.

There is a TON of roleplay areas, and there are also a TON of non-roleplaying areas. I really respect the platform, and I've played it for some time, but ultimately it DOES require time and nursing to understand enough to be able to even work with.

I used to call SL the "I need a Second Life just to have an extra 80 years to download all this shit!" game. Basically how your social life will go, when you get involved, is you'll have about 3-4 zones you'll go to. The first time you go to a zone you have to walk around a little to get everything loaded up. This game DOES need a good connection. During this "loading" process you can walk around, but things will be laggy. After awhile, you'll be set. After visiting a few times, you'll have the majority loaded, which means every visit after that will be less laggy.

Every time the owner of the zone adds a picture or a primitive shape, you have to download and render it on your screen, so that's what the process is about. in place of a "loading..." screen, you get to walk around while it loads and decide when it's good enough to start moving around.

Don't knock it just yet. You can make some real money if you have some skills. Shit, just being a greeter at a night club can get you a small income.

If you're looking for a game with a real money economy, check out Project Entropia.

Take a bite out of crime.

Matt's Avatar Legendary Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about a FIRST LIFE...