Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions regarding the start of my own privet server.

I did a lot of searching for the answer to this. If I had missed it somewhere my apologies.

I'm looking to start my own privet server that has all mobs and NPC's that will be (for the time) just for myself to mess around on and then with hope (down the line) allow friends and such to connect. I've read through most of the guides on how to start them up and have all the requirements to do it but none of them seem to address a few concerns I have about this.

Mainly I do play on live realms, and I worry that starting a privet server may mess this up. I would like to use the copy of wow I have, and not need to have a 2nd copy on my system. For one I don't have the space for another copy. I am getting a bigger HD soon but still, wouldn't want a 2nd copy reguardless if it can be helped. I'd also like the lich beta to work as well that has all mobs and such added, but my worries are stil the same.

If anyone can please clear up some of my concerns about this if it can be done or not and point me in the right direction (guide or otherwise) I'd be really appreciated.

Questions regarding the start of my own privet server.
    killnoobs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy steps to clear this up
    You do not need to install a fresh WoW
    1. When playing on your private server, change realmlist to whatever it is, localhost, your friends will have to use your external ip or a dns.
    2. When done, change realmlist back to us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com or whatever it is
    3. Lastly, in your main World of Warcraft folder, go in the cache folder, and delete the WDB folder inside it, it'll prevent your private server experiences from messing up your live server gaming

hope this helps

Taiin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's so much!
    Is there a recommended guide to do what I seek? Most of the guides I've read look as though the copy of wow they use is -just- for the privet server and not retail gameplay. I'm unsure what guide I'd be safe with following.