0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta call blizz, need some advice.

Well here's the deal. When I first started playing, my friend got me into the game. Him and his brother played but his brother had to go into the military so he no longer could play and my trial account had expired, so he gave me his brothers account. The account I have been using for the past couple of years has his brother's name registered on it.

My in-game friend has a well geared paladin and he would gladly x-fer it to my account and let me have it because he hates playing it, only problem is the name on the accounts have to match.

I have all the information I need: My account cd-key and TBC key, My friends info (address, first and last name, etc..), my account's SQ&A. I just need some advice as to what would be a legitimate reason why both first and last name on my account has to be changed.

I read Latoneyde's very helpfull thread about typical phone conversations with Blizz. Seems if they suspect anything they'll lock the account which would be a royal pain so I'd like to get it right the first time. I mean, I could avoid all this crap and just go buy another account, but if this can be done than I'd rather just spend $25 to transfer the toon rather than spending the $20 for another game purchase, $30 for another BC expansion, ~$15/month to activate and on top of those the $25 to x-fer the toon.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!:wave:

Gotta call blizz, need some advice.
    Whodini's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are many post of how to switch name on account. heres really the steps

1. Call blizz
    2. say you got married and your last name got changed
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!1!

My Krew - S4 Druid T6 Rogue S4 Warlock

Poglia's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried and doesn't work. They want to see official marriage documents.

WayYonder's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I wasn't sure if they were so hardcore about it that they would want to see official documentation. So if I called and told them my last name is changing because I'm getting married they will most definetely ask for documentation to be faxed? Also, in the rules and restrictions it says that "the last names on both accounts must match." Is it just the last name or does every other bit of info have to match as well (like address and email)?
    Last edited by WayYonder; 08-12-2008 at 01:41 PM.

shananagins8713's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the last name bro.

tomoboi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WayYonder View Post
    Well here's the deal. When I first started playing, my friend got me into the game. Him and his brother played but his brother had to go into the military so he no longer could play and my trial account had expired, so he gave me his brothers account. The account I have been using for the past couple of years has his brother's name registered on it.

My in-game friend has a well geared paladin and he would gladly x-fer it to my account and let me have it because he hates playing it, only problem is the name on the accounts have to match.

I have all the information I need: My account cd-key and TBC key, My friends info (address, first and last name, etc..), my account's SQ&A. I just need some advice as to what would be a legitimate reason why both first and last name on my account has to be changed.

I read Latoneyde's very helpfull thread about typical phone conversations with Blizz. Seems if they suspect anything they'll lock the account which would be a royal pain so I'd like to get it right the first time. I mean, I could avoid all this crap and just go buy another account, but if this can be done than I'd rather just spend $25 to transfer the toon rather than spending the $20 for another game purchase, $30 for another BC expansion, ~$15/month to activate and on top of those the $25 to x-fer the toon.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!:wave:

tbh no idea....