0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corrupted Patches

I went to join a private server and had to downgrade my WoW to 2.4.2, so I deleted my patch.mpq and ran a repair like i had done many times in the past, but it didn't tell me that it had to be downgraded, it said that the repair had completed even though WoW still doesn't work on a server that is 2.4.3.

Then I tried to patch thinking maybe it would work anyways but I got an error saying the patch file was corrupted. After that i tried to re-download the patch and i got an error at 99% saying unauthorized download and that there were multiple problems saving the data. I tried downloading other patches and had the same problem.

Can someone tell me what might have happened and if I have to re-install WoW altogether and if I do that will it be unauthorized and have troubles saving? I'm really at a loss.

UPDATE: I downloaded a patch directly off of filefront and also attempted to fully reinstall wow and STILL both files became corrupted!
    Last edited by Britain; 08-08-2008 at 06:48 AM.

Corrupted Patches
    kreegoth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be quite honest with you.. The safest bet would be just to reinstall Grab latest complete update patch... Not sure what it is might be 2.30 or something.. Then patch from there on.. Vanilla install ALWAYS better then downgrading and messing with stuff...

Your likely getting the unauthorized Patch or corrupted patch errors from something Wrong in your folders as opposed to there being something wrong with your connection and WOW

Britain's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still have a problem and a now new problem