Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D2Relived 1.09d server.

This server is awesome!

I've played there for around 3 years or so.

I have the 24th registered account. :P

So yeah, this server is awesome.
    I'll give links instead of explaining stuff, as I am not soo good at that.

Main Site.
    http://www.relivedgaming.com/forum/portal.php

INFO
    The Relived Gaming Network was founded as D2 Relived on June 20th 2005 as a place where people could come to enjoy their memories of a game that had been forever changed. The goal of D2R was to bring back 1.09 so that everyone who loved it could again experience the game as it was before all the major patch changes that came with the new version.

The server is NOT a pure pvp realm, we strive to attain a balance between PvP and PvE, we want all players to enjoy every aspect of 1.09, not just the limitations of one or the other.

The server has suffered alot of setbacks and stability has always been an issue, especially since there always seems to be someone somewhere attempting to sabotage it.

We would like to welcome you to RGN, and D2 Relived. This post is about familarizing you with the basics about what the realm is and how things are done here.

Currently D2R runs on the following server:

Dell Precision 650
    Dual Xeon 2.6 Ghz processors
    2 GB RAM
    160 GB harddrive
    Connection Speed: 5MB/s up/down

We are currently running on version 5.1 of the D2 Relived Patch. Below is a complete list of the changes to the original 1.09d Patch. The changed have been made in order to accomodate the fact that D2R does not have the userbase or economy that battle.net had, so we to make things somewhat easier for everyone.

- Craftable Magic Find Set has been added so that all players may have something to start with.
    - All players begin with a Horadric Cube
    - Waypoints have been added in every act to every major boss in each act.
    - Stash and Horadric Cube size has been increased.
    - A new PvP arena has been added with trapdoors in the Rogue Encampment leading to it.
    - Trapdoor has been added in Rogue Encampment which leads to the Secret Cow Level.
    - Cows have had their XP and Drop rate increased.
    - "Noob Pen" added to the Secret Cow Level (safe place for low levels to stand and gain XP)
    - Comprehensive level reward system is in place with rewards being given to players for reaching level 99, after completing a series of steps.
    - Super-elite Boss has been added in Act 5 which drops items used in the creation of Bugged items.
    - Worldstone Keep has been filled with minions of destruction as well as new bosses as an alternative to the cow level for grinding experience and items.
    - New unique items previously not in Diablo 2 have been added to the game to encourage PvP.
    - Crafting recipes have been made easier to encourage PvP.
    - 1.08 items may drop from monsters of certain levels.
    - Minor changes to NPC inventories, replenishing arrows and mana potions are now sold.

Welcome To RGN and D2 Relived. Please Enjoy your stay.
    INSTALL GUIDE

First of all

MAKE SURE ALL DIABLO 2 RELATED IS SHUT DOWN!

Also make sure that you have a clean version of Diablo 2 installed.
    If you have been using other mods, make sure you deleted them.

UPDATE

You now have 2 choices!
    You can either follow the guide below

OR you can download the Automatic D2R Installer

RIGHT HERE
    Program made by AotC

All you have to do is install it onto your Diablo II folder, and run the game, select D2 Relived from realm list, and you're good to go

BUG FREE

Otherwise heres the guide :

Now, you will need the following files :

Diablo 2 LOD Patch 1.09 - This will update to 1.09d from any previous version.

OR

1.10 to 1.09 Reverter - This will revert version 1.10 back to 1.09.

Maybe it will work for 1.11 too? Havent tried.

D2 Relived files. - These are the Diablo 2 Relived files you must have.
    Mirror

D2 Relived Patch - The latest patch, you will need this to play without errors.

Gateway Editor - Needed to modify your gateways.
    Mirror

Maphack* - Not needed to play, but great to have.
    Mirror

*NOTE - Maphack is the O N L Y hack allowed on this server.

Now on to installing this.

I don't have any pictures yet, 'cause i'm not at home atm. It will come.

If you havent got Diablo 2 LOD installed :

Step 1.
    Install Diablo 2: Lord of Desctruction

Step 2.
    Run the Diablo 2 LOD 1.09 patch you've downloaded above.

If you have got Diablo 2 installed and the version is above 1.09 :

Simply run the reverter you've downloaded above instead of running the patch.

Step 3.
    Open the D2R.zip and extract all the files to your Diablo 2 folder
    "C:\Program Files\Diablo II" or where ever you may have put it.
    Overwrite all the files it asks for. (If it doesnt ask, the files where put in a seperate folder, and you will need to copy/paste them to the right place)
    C:\Program Files\Diablo II\D2R is the location where the files are found. They must be copy/pasted into C:\Program Files\Diablo II

Step 4.
    Copy and paste the patch_d2.mpq file you've downloaded above, into the same folder, overwriting the existing file.

Step 5.
    Now put the Gateway Editor in your Diablo 2 folder, and run it. You will see this :

Now, you will need to go to the Diablo 2/Diablo 2 EXP bar, and press the "Add Gateway" button :

Put in the following information :

Name - "D2 Relived"
    Zone - "-8"
    IP - "d2relived.no-ip.org"

Hit OK, make sure the D2 Relived is highlighted and hit the "Set to chosen gateway" and after that, press "Export Registry File" :

Save it as "default.reg" in your Diablo 2 folder :

I'm not at home, so i cannot show that it must be saved in the Diablo 2 folder.

Step 6.
    Now, doubleclick on the registry file you've just made or overwrote, and click yes to whatever the box says about applying somethings to the registy base thingie.

Actually you're done, you should be able to connect to the realm and start playing

If there's any errors or missing things in this guide, please PM me, and i will correct them ASAP.

Enjoy

***UPDATE***

Added mirror download sites.
    Special thanks to ghostx for writing up the install guide.

If you need any help once inside, hit me up at *noob.

D2Relived 1.09d server.