0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW private server launcher!

Ok people aka NOOBS think i copied and pasted this... they want pictures... well here they come...

i do not feel like wasting my time posting pictures becasue a PREVIOUS tutorial that took me 1-1/2 hours to make got deleted idk why...

OK what this does is it's a program in Visual basic 8 that will Set the realmlist and log you/peers onto your server!

1 - Things you need
    2 - Getting started
    3 - Sample code (complete code)
    4 – Personalizing the code
    5 – Design the form
    6 - finalizing
    7 - Notes!! (important!!)

PART:1

Quite logically you need visual basic 2008 .net since we will work in it. To get it simply download it from Microsoft, its completely free link is: Downloads
    Now you will need some images for the background etc. Just some material really, its not “needed” but if you want it to look good, it needs some images lets continue, shall we?

PART:2

Now, you’re done downloading Vb.net, you’ll have to install it, now ill let YOU figure out how to do this. Once your done, you start up Vb.net now step by step:

1. Click “files”
    2. Click “new project”
    3. By default it should select “windows forms application” if it hasn’t, select it.
    4. Name: something you want.
    5. Now you will see a “form” called “Form1” this is the form you will “design” for your application/launcher.

PART:3

Now you double click the form, and a code window will appear. This is where the code will be entered. The code tells the application what to do when something happens, fx. If user clicks button1.

Press Ctrl + a, and delete all the code in there. Now copy past this in
    ====================================================
    COPY ALL OF THE TEXT BELOW AND PASTE IT IN!---------------------------------
    ====================================================

Code:
    Imports System.IO
    Imports System.Environment

Public Class Form1

Private Sub button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    Dim fs As New FileStream("realmlist.wtf", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write)
    Dim s As New StreamWriter(fs)
    s.WriteLine("set realmlist JDzrealm.servegame.org")
    s.Close()

Dim ss As String = startgame("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\blizzard entertainment\world of warcraft", "installpath", "WoW.exe")

If ss <> String.Empty Then
    My.Settings.wow = ss
    My.Settings.Save()
    End If
    End Sub

Private Function startgame(ByVal RegPath As String, ByVal RegValue As String, ByVal ExeFile As String) As String
    Dim retval
    Dim installpath As String = String.Empty
    installpath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue(RegPath, RegValue, Nothing)
    If Directory.Exists(installpath) Then

ChDir(installpath)
    retval = Shell(ExeFile, 1)
    Else
    With OpenFileDialog1
    .InitialDirectory = GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ProgramFiles)
    .Title = "Please Select " & ExeFile
    .Filter = "Windows Executable *.Exe|*.exe"
    .FileName = ExeFile
    If .ShowDialog() = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
    Process.Start(.FileName)
    Return .FileName
    End If

End With

End If

Return String.Empty
    End Function

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub
    End Class

========================================================
    TO HERE------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ========================================================
    Now this might look VERY confusing, and it is if you’ve never worked with Vb, but ill help you guys break it down.

PART:4

Lets start personalizing the code, as you properly don’t want your launcher to connect all your players to my server (hehe ) so find:
    ==========================================================
    THE TEXT BELOW BY PRESSING Ctrl-F-key----------------------------------------------------
    ==========================================================

s.WriteLine("set realmlist JDzrealm.servegame.org")

=========================================================
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    =========================================================

In the code, and change the content between “” to match what you need. For example. “Set realmlist myserver.org” Just leave the rest, as that is mainly the code to start wow when button1 is clicked.
    Also go into “project” -> “[name] properties” and then select the tab called “settings”
    Inside “settings” you change the first box saying “setting” to “wow” then you click the x and when it asks if you want to save changes, you click yes. Now you should be back in the code window.

PART:5

Now we are going to design the form! There is a lot of things you can do, but for now, lets add a cool background image, and some buttons!

1. Go back to your design by clicking the bar saying “form1[design]”.

2. In the lower right corner you will see a properties window.

3. Inside the properties window you can change tons of things, but for now, we will change the background. So find “background image” and mark it by a single click

4. Now click the little buttons with the 3 dots (…) a window saying “select resources” will pop up. Chose local resource, and click import.

5. Now browse to your picture and mark it, and click open, it will then add it as your background

6. Under “background image” in the properties window, you will see “background image layout” this determines weather your image is stretch or centered or what ever. Consider changing it to what you like.

7. Now, lets change the name of the window, because “form1” isn’t that cool is it?

8. Go to the button of the properties window, there you will find “text” now, change text to what you want your window to display in the top left corner.

9. Also, that ugly icon isn’t cool is it? Lets change it! Scroll up a bit and you will find “icon” now it’s the same as with the background image, once done, you will notice your new icon followed by the name you entered in “text”

10. When your done, you will get an .exe file, but we don’t want it to say the default beneath it do we? (no we don’t) so go to “project” in the top bar, and click the last thing in the menu it will be “{name) Properties”

11. Now a settings window will appear, so lets get down to business. In the tab called “application” you click on “assembly information” now you can change what you like, just not the GUID nor the native language.

12. You may notice it has a little box saying “icon” now go ahead and change it, this is the icon your .exe file will have when its inside your world of warcraft folder or your desktop or what ever.

13. Assembly name, you should change that to {name) Launcher. For Example. JDzrealm WoW Launcher or “Toxic WoW launcher” or what ever, you know what I meen.

14. once done changing what you want, just click the little x.

15. Now we are back on the form again, lets add a button! In the left you can see your “toolbox” this is where you can get all the nifty stuff, now click on button, and draw a button on your form.

16. If you click on the button 1 time, you will notice the properties window changes, so that now you can edit the button, go ahead, change the button settings to your liking For Example. An image on it (cos the traditional button isn’t very wowish is it?)

17. now in the toolbox find “open file dialog” and add one of those to the form, don’t worry about it not showing up, it adds it self to the “code” so to say, as it’s a dynamic item.

18. Now you can add a “label” to your form, just like with the button, you can find it in the toolbox. A label is used to have text on your form like “Thank you for using our launcher and playing on our server” or what do I know. Once again, you can modify it in the properties window.

19. This is all you have to have for the application to work (the label isn’t needed)

PART:6

Now, if you did all of this correctly, go to “file” “Save As” and change “location” to where you want it, I normally save mine in c:\ fx c:\winterwow\ or c:\ult launcher\ or something. When you’ve done that, you go to “build” and “build [name]”
    When its done building (will take like 1 second or something) you go to your location. Fx. C:\winterwow\Winterwow\Winterwow\bin\Release\ and in there I can see “Winter wow launcher.exe” because that is what I’ve chosen to call my application!

I hope this was fairly easy to understand, now I will show you how mine ended up looking. Have fun messing around with Vb .net, and congratulations with making your first programmed application!

PART:7

Please note, that when you click the button, it creates a new realmlist.wtf for you, so you need to have the .exe file in your world of warcraft folder, but you can make a shortcut to the desktop 

Yours sincerely
    JDpwns!...:wave:
    Last edited by jdpwns; 07-19-2008 at 02:43 AM.

WOW private server launcher!
    jdpwns's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This works great BTW you can add in a browser so that peers can make an account straight from the program and you can add server status and stuff! just to make it like a homepage that starts wow1!

Rofled's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm i seem to have screwed something up. Through the whole thing i didnt see any exe files :S.
    ANYONEKNOWSHOWTOFIXASPACEBAR?

jdpwns's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestions would be...

(NOTE: Everything in RED is important!)

You must put all the files in a ZIP...
    I prefer WinRAR. that works the best!
    And password protect it to your servers name! lol...
    There should be 3 files or more a,

Setup
    Windows application
    AutoRun Scripts
    put all those in a WinRar Zip!

then up-load it to like rapid share, and post link on your site! so your peers can connect easyer! this got my server 60+ People!

HawjPawj's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a repost. Coddington posted this guide a while back. Try to get out of leecher without taking other's efforts and calling them your own.

Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is copy&pasta... Hmm delicious.
    If this is your guide, post screenshots please

jdpwns's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HawjPawj View Post
    This is a repost. Coddington posted this guide a while back. Try to get out of leecher without taking other's efforts and calling them your own.
    I didn't copy paste u moron! and your a leecher!... GTFOOH (GET the FCK OUTA HERE)
    Look you either read my tutorial and deem it helpful or not and move on with your life... that is if you have one...:banghead::yuck:
    Last edited by jdpwns; 07-20-2008 at 01:58 PM.

spencer23323's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide +Rep if i can

Effigy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i added rep because i'm stupid.

HawjPawj's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jdpwns View Post
    I didn't copy paste u moron! and your a leecher!... GTFOOH (GET the FCK OUTA HERE)
    Look you either read my tutorial and deem it helpful or not and move on with your life... that is if you have one...:banghead::yuck:
    Flaming me because someone caught on to your game isn't the smartest thing to do.

Link to the guide posted by Coddington: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/ascent...-easy-way.html

You posted your guide 3 days ago.

C0ddingt0n posted his June 12. Do the math.

And as to me being leecher rank...what does that have to do with anything?

EDIT: I never denied that you had your own launcher that you had made. But the fact of the matter is that several people have this guide. Perhaps, as you say, you were the first to post it, but either way, someone leeched it...
    Last edited by HawjPawj; 07-20-2008 at 04:46 PM.

baptizein's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who may try to compile but the build fails due to a "Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference" error can add a few lines to the code to fix the problem.

Just add the following lines below in bold to your code and it will fix that error.

Code:
    Private Function startgame(ByVal RegPath As String, ByVal RegValue As String, ByVal ExeFile As String) As String
    Dim OpenFileDialog1 As Object 
    Dim retval
    Dim installpath As String = String.Empty
    OpenFileDialog1 = Nothing
    installpath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue(RegPath, RegValue, Nothing)
    If Directory.Exists(installpath) Then

ChDir(installpath)
    retval = Shell(ExeFile, 1)
    Else
    With OpenFileDialog1
    .InitialDirectory = GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ProgramFiles)
    .Title = "Please Select " & ExeFile
    .Filter = "Windows Executable *.Exe|*.exe"
    .FileName = ExeFile
    If .ShowDialog() = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
    Process.Start(.FileName)
    Return .FileName
    End If

End With

End If

Return String.Empty
    End Function
    Hope this helps, guys. Thanks for the code, by the way. It helped me create my own server launcher. +rep
    Last edited by baptizein; 07-20-2008 at 11:47 PM.