0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to make a 2.4.2 server (Noob Easy)

So today i am going to show you how to make a easy 2.4.2 server.
    First you will need the following: Winrar which can be obtained from WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP filesdownload that.
    IF U WANT CHRISPEES REPACK GET WINRAR.

Second AC-Web Ultimate repack.
    which you may obtain from AC Web To get this repack you have to register, than go to the download button than into repacks. than select the newest one. the newest one is 7.8. INSTALL IT INTO YOUR C:/. as a file of its own

Third you will need a database to create accounts in so you will be downloading Heidisql. which you can get here. HeidiSQL - Download To work Heidisql install it than open it up. make the description what ever you please. than hostname/Ip is going to be 127.0.0.1 and than the username is usually root, and than the password is usually ascent. and make the port 3306. and the timeout seconds 30.

Fourth is optional but is awesome to have Chrispee's Repack all credit to Chrispee for being a god. you can get this from Filebeam - Free Fast File Hosting.

fifth if you want it to just be for you and your friends Download Hamachi from https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp. And here is how to configure hamachi. (When installing pick Basic). Step 1: Open up hamachi. Step 2: hover over the triangle with linked points that says join or create a network, Than click Create new network. name it and than set a password. it is important to remember both so if it is just for friends call it like Network: Corbin. Password: Bennett. so they know, they will need hamachi to connect to your server.

OK, Now we can finally get started.

Step 1: go to computer, Than find AC-Web Ultimate Repack. Open that. Go to Tools, than you will find Map Extractor enUS. than you should find Ad, and a maps folder copy those. go paste them into your world of warcraft directory. run Ad, than the maps should be extracted into the maps folder. (EXTRACTING THE MAPS MAY TAKE 30 MINUTES)

Step 2: Now that the maps are done, open up AC-Web Ultimate Repack, and than open up server and put the maps folder into there. and Delete the Ad.exe out of your directory.

Step 3: If you are wanting to use chrispee's repack than open it up ( Need Winrar ) once u open it up you will get a file called Winrar.rar open it, than a file called Repack, open that and you should have 2 files, so what you want to do is drag the chrispee repack.sql out ONTO your desktop. than you can close the repack directory.

Step 4: now that all this is done and you want Chrispee's repack Database open up Heidisql. and than to log on you need Mysql open. so go to AC-Web Ultimate Repack. and find Control panel open that and run mysql. Now make a description for your database. hostname/IP set it to 127.0.0.1 user is usually "root" and password is usually "ascent" set the port to 3306 and connect!

Step 5: Now that Heidisql is open make a new database by right clicking on the side panel to your left side of the screen and there should be the option to "Create Database". do so, than open it up by double clicking on the cylinder. than there shouldnt be any tables or such. than towards the top it will say "Query" click that it will open, Nothing else needs to be done so dont freak out thinking im skipping a step im not. Now towards the top of the screen there is the word import, click that than click "Load SQL-File..." than Remember when you put chrispee's repack on your desktop load that into there it should load in there. now that all the info is there. you will than find a button that looks like a play button for movies and stuff when you hover over that it will than say Execute SQL. click it and than it should load it. Than there is your database!

Step 6: Now to make your server hooked up to that Database for the 2.4.2 Content go to AC-Web Ultimate Repack. than Ascent go to Ascent-world it will say conf file to the side. Open that Change "Database" to your database name. than save and exit.

<WorldDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "ascent" Name = "database" Port = "3306" Type = "1">

<CharacterDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "ascent" Name = "database" Port = "3306" Type = "1">

Step 7: Making it public with hamachi for friends! Realm1Name make your server name and Address is YOUR Hamachi IP address which can be found at the top of the hamachi box.

<Realm1 Name = "WoW Royale"
    Address = "5.222.175.114:8129"
    Icon = "PVP"
    Colour = "1"
    Population = "1.0"
    TimeZone = "1">

Now you change your Realmlist to 127.0.0.1 and have your friends change theres to your hamachi IP.

Step 8: Making accounts. go into heidisql, than what you want to do is click on your database there will be the table called accounts double click that a box will open than create the info. Acct: =2 if its the second acct made. Login is username password is well Password. and than skip encrypted password and GM is if you want them to have GM powers AZ is administrator. skip everything tell you get to flags change that to 8 if you want the account to be burning crusade enabled and change forcelanguage to enUS. and than muted 0.

Credit for Chrispee's repack goes to him I hope i helped!
    Last edited by thatonenoob; 07-03-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo

how to make a 2.4.2 server (Noob Easy)
    thatonenoob's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    84 views and no posts.

Aots's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I use HeidiSQL, and I try to connect while trying to make a database, and a error pops up saying "Could not establish connection! Details: SQL error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

What do I do about this!?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aots View Post
    Every time I use HeidiSQL, and I try to connect while trying to make a database, and a error pops up saying "Could not establish connection! Details: SQL error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

What do I do about this!?
    Hmm.. i have seen this before you can get navicat at Navicat - the World's Best MySQL Front End for Windows, Linux & Mac OS X and than i will now tell you how to set it up ok so once installed run mysql and do the same but to extract the database right click on the database name and click execute batch file and it will have a button like"..." click it find the file you want to execute into the database and than it should load it without any errors if you have any more questions please reach me at my MSN:Corbin or my aim:Corbinbennett. I hope this helps

mesoalt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ascent help!!

hey so i have vista i know i know it suks whatever. And i use the apple repack from youtube, and i had a working server b4, but i messed w/ a file and then deleted it kus it was broken, and then downloaded it again, and now it is messed up. Anyway i run start background (mysql). everything fine. Then i run ascent-logonserver. Fine. Then i run ascent-world. Here is where i have my problems. It runs completly fine until it reached the LuaENGINE part. At the end of the coding, it says:
    wait. lua... failed. <could not run>
    scripts\wait.lua:31 module 'check' not found:
    no field package.preload ;['check']
    no file '.\check lua'
    no file 'C:\Users\Moira\Desktop\New Folder\lua\check lua.'
    no file 'C:\Users\Moira\Desktop\New Folder\lua\check\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\Users\Moira\Desktop\New Folder\Check.lua
    no file 'C:\Users\Moira\Desktop\New Folder\Check\init.lua
    no file '.\check.dll'
    no file 'C:\Users\Moira\Desktop\New Folder\Check.dll'
    no file 'C:\Users\Moira\Desktop\New Folder\Loadall.dll'

Then it says stuff like done loading script engines and stuff. Then. it does this over and over.
    <Time> N LogonCommClient: Loading forced permission strings...
    <Time> N LogonCommClient: Attempting to connect to logon server...
    <Time> N LogonCommClient: Authenticating...
    <Time> N LogonCommClient: Authentication timed out.
    <Time> N LogonCommClient: Connecting to logon server on '127.0.0.1:8130'
    <Time> N LogonCommClient: Authenticating...
    etc. Any help?? Thanks a ton + rep for anyone who figures this one out. I would appreciate it if someone just joined my hamachi network, and chated w/ me (its much faster and easier. a post will work too. i made it so that u dont need a pass, and the network name is World of Pimpcraft. Thanks a ton!!

Aots's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I downloaded Navicat 8 for MySQL, and I installed it any everything, but when I make a new connection, it says "2013 lost connection to MySQL server during query" What am I doing wrong now, lol.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aots View Post
    Okay, I downloaded Navicat 8 for MySQL, and I installed it any everything, but when I make a new connection, it says "2013 lost connection to MySQL server during query" What am I doing wrong now, lol.
    Wowzers. i really do not know if your computer is old i dont think you should be running a server but other than that i am afraid i have no absolute clue. did you set the host to localhost?... Again i havent encountered this sorry

Is still working with mesoalt.
    Last edited by thatonenoob; 07-04-2008 at 07:57 PM.

wowgamer101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help

Hey can u help me make my own server then get it up so my friends can get on aswell if u can thank you so much

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help me

Hey can u help me make my own server then get it up so my friends can get on aswell if u can thank you so much

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry i meant friends and random people like a private server

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wowgamer101 View Post
    my guide says how lol read it.

Aots's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I can just give up on my server, The only reason I wanted it, was so i could test items and Rp with my friend >.> Oh well.

Hey, Thatonenoob, if you have your own server, would you mind if I talked to you about maybe getting on? Let me know, Thanks.
    Last edited by Aots; 07-05-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: One Typo! =D

ifdarthsid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I run AD it gets to map 566 then crashes anyone else havinging this problem?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

server

i cant even get past 1 cause it keeps on saying u need net framework and i have it and it wont open =(

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thatonenoob i bug time noob i need help alot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast