0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow Priest 2vs2 Arena

I started PvP after a long time with my shadow priest with a BM hunter... I kinda don't have PvP gear at all... I have pretty good PvE gear(t6 + bt/hyjal epix)... and we kinda have problems in 2vs2... after 61 games we have 31 wins - 30loses still at 1500... The loses i think are kinda cause of me(except those where we are fighting vs s3 geared players) cause I'm a little "noob"... I used to PvP pretbc when resilience was just a thought, but now...

So... any good shadow priests can explain me some things? how to play in different arenas, specs, tactics versus different setup combos??

Thanks in advance

Shadow Priest 2vs2 Arena
    Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not really a tactic for that setup, just nuke the healer (unless paladin) and use your brains. It's better to go with a rogue though, he has more CC and stunlock so you can do more dmg output and have a higher chance to quickly nuke an opponent down.

Your gear should not be a problem though, you should let your partner open first so that he gets the blows. Don't waste time on mana draining and time your fear/intimidation right.

Another note: try to keep the fight away from the pillars otherwise your nuke is pretty much screwed with a simple step aside.

Once you get better gear yourself and get into the higher brackets where the fight takes longer you should use mana drain though, but no real use for that before 1800.

Silias's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with forever, me and my bro had shadowpriest / rogue and it worked well

but now we go disc/rogue
    Ill get back here when I think of a signature

hukgwai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding a UA warlock may help. Depends if you want to stay with the hunter.

gnarkill's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Spriest as well and I found out just recently that the best spec depending on arena team but for 2v2 is disc I recommend you armory a player named deceptive he is a priest on executus and he has mostly brutal and I have seen him in action seems like a good spec to me just need to get the gold to do it lol. I find that 2v2 shadow is insanity because of the lack of dmg and the amount of burnt mana but i continue to do it lol

zeke's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a good spec to start off with, your basically gonna mass destroy who your partner targets, and just unbuff both. Try fear the healer if they have one, heres a recommended spec.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

You wont be mana burning, just dispelling buffs, then in this order:

VT, VE, SW:P, MB, Mind Flay++ MB, SW: P

Or Dispell a lot.

delphina's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as a caster in the blades edge arena try standing on those round poles you have to jump to get to them. It makes it hard to line of sight you from the bottoms so they have to be on the bridge to get you. Fear as much as you can, use mass dispell when you can and mana burn healers. Also don't forget to use your silence when you can it will buy you some time. Other then that dot everyone with vapiric embrace and shadow word pain. That should help a bit.

Also I don't know if you have looked at spugnorts guide, but its a helpful guide for pvp, it shows you how to beat every class.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...pvp-guide.html
    Last edited by delphina; 09-02-2008 at 02:43 PM.

X-CON's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shadow burn shadow burn shadow burn and mind way lol