0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elemental or Restoration Shaman?

Hello all! Well I started this topic to get some help so I hope is in right category. If not I apologize. I'm playing on a shaman at this moment and shes level 64 but I keep thinking of what should I take at 70. When i first created her i wanted to go restoration but when i got in Outland and respecc'ed from enchantment to elemental i've noticed that elemental shamans are very powerful in dungeons and solo, being able to grind for hours without downtime and criting with CL and LB around 2300 on a single mob.

At 70 i'll aim to PVE progress (without even attempting some pvp because i dont want to) so i want to advance fast through raids but i still want to be able to grind and make some dailys or other sort of things that usually are completed solo.

So my concerning is if resto shamies can grind easy, and how powerful they are in a solo play and how much chances i have to get a spot in a guild / raid or heroics as a elemental? Well i never played a shamy before and i dont really know to much things about them at 70 but any help or tip could be useful. thanks in advice and please don't flame me, i just want to know what will expect me . Peace!
    Looking for World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade CD-keys! PM me for info (I can offer web programming services in exchange ).

Elemental or Restoration Shaman?
    Viter's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you roll resto be rdy for a spot in every dungeon

poche's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, im very experienced shaman and i played that class for a very long time, i've done alot of pvp and pve as resto enhance and elem. i will try to show you what the pro and con

Elemental: This spec a one of the funniest spec for pvp and pve, you have 40% crit and you see ALOT of BIG crit in your screen, you'r never oom because you have so much crit that you regen more mana then you use it. You do alot of dmg and in a good group you enhance is dmg by ALOT. tough, you'll be stuck to use tier item or cloth ( or crafted) because there is NO elemental item in wow ( i think i count a big total of 3 mail caster in 25 man and 10 man) you have no aggro dump except ankh! so you need to be careful sometime. If you dont want to be a melee but be as tough as a warrior AND be a dps Machine elem is for you

Enhance: As enhance, your main job is to buff your group even if you have a big potential of dps, feral druid/rogue/warrior/ret pally/shaman
    is currently the group who do the best dmg in game like elemental you dont have your Own gear but you will use hunter and feral druid item.
    if you dont like to wait all a fight only auto atacking and stormstrike every 10 sec this spec is not for you!

Resto: WOW! the best raid healer in game! you'r main job will be to heal your raid in aoe intensive fight and put earth shield on the main tank, you are very mana efficient and can last for a very long fight without be oom.
    the main spell you will use is chain heal and lesser healing wave ( for panic situation). You will have your own gear and the raid will beg you to raid heal ( without you its almost impossible) do you ever saw a archimonde fight without resto shaman!?!.

BUT if you are not healing it will be horribly BORING! your damage output is not that bad but it will be very boring since you can not efficiently farm and do anything else than pve with the pve gear you have. If you have some pvp gear you'll see how fun it is to be healer in non premade bg, its in these situation you see how much retard play ( mostly hunter And Warrior)

P.s All these spec are very viable for pvp AND pve, you cant say anymore shaman suck in pve because if you know how to play it nothing else can kill you except another shaman

P.p.s all i writed here is concerning pve, pvp is another story
    Last edited by poche; 06-14-2008 at 05:04 PM.

ThunderSS's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by poche View Post
    Ok, im very experienced shaman and i played that class for a very long time, i've done alot of pvp and pve as resto enhance and elem. i will try to show you what the pro and con

Elemental: This spec a one of the funniest spec for pvp and pve, you have 40% crit and you see ALOT of BIG crit in your screen, you'r never oom because you have so much crit that you regen more mana then you use it. You do alot of dmg and in a good group you enhance is dmg by ALOT. tough, you'll be stuck to use tier item or cloth ( or crafted) because there is NO elemental item in wow ( i think i count a big total of 3 mail caster in 25 man and 10 man) you have no aggro dump except ankh! so you need to be careful sometime. If you dont want to be a melee but be as tough as a warrior AND be a dps Machine elem is for you

Enhance: As enhance, your main job is to buff your group even if you have a big potential of dps, feral druid/rogue/warrior/ret pally/shaman
    is currently the group who do the best dmg in game like elemental you dont have your Own gear but you will use hunter and feral druid item.
    if you dont like to wait all a fight only auto atacking and stormstrike every 10 sec this spec is not for you!

Resto: WOW! the best raid healer in game! you'r main job will be to heal your raid in aoe intensive fight and put earth shield on the main tank, you are very mana efficient and can last for a very long fight without be oom.
    the main spell you will use is chain heal and lesser healing wave ( for panic situation). You will have your own gear and the raid will beg you to raid heal ( without you its almost impossible) do you ever saw a archimonde fight without resto shaman!?!.

BUT if you are not healing it will be horribly BORING! your damage output is not that bad but it will be very boring since you can not efficiently farm and do anything else than pve with the pve gear you have. If you have some pvp gear you'll see how fun it is to be healer in non premade bg, its in these situation you see how much retard play ( mostly hunter And Warrior)

P.s All these spec are very viable for pvp AND pve, you cant say anymore shaman suck in pve because if you know how to play it nothing else can kill you except another shaman

P.p.s all i writed here is concerning pve, pvp is another story
    That pretty much helped me and i think i have a picture of pve raiding at 70 ...probably i'll chose a resto spec since i heard from many peoples that resto have a high demand in raids and dungeons, exactly what i want. Still i'm not sure if i'll be able to grind some rep and do dailies but i'll give it a shot. Thanks for helping me
    Looking for World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade CD-keys! PM me for info (I can offer web programming services in exchange ).

poche's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i dont if you glide, but what i do ( its my third shaman i level ^^ ) is i stay enhance til im ready to raid, i grind all my honor for my resto stuff, get gold, grind rep.

and yes resto shaman is a VERY VERY high demand, because you can main ( not that bad) and the best healer in game for raid healer, you provide 50mp5 to your group, 101+ spell and heal and some other nice stuff for specific fight

trinos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are used alot in raids. Usually only one elemental per raid though when you have 2-3 resto shamans at a time.

Phaase's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recomend Resto, I love getting groups for anyything i want,

edu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elemental if u want shammy wannabe mage and Resto if u want shamma wannabe drood

heymish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    elemental is a 1 button job, go resto and its also a 1 button job! oh noes.

chain heal ftw, and easier to gear up.

icsdaddy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've specced all three talent trees to past BT and into Sunwell.. From my experience..
    elemental - awesome DPS.. think about critting into 5000-6000 once your specced with 4+ T6 pieces (what I am now) Getting items isn't too bad.. you're the only mail caster out there!
    Enhancement shaman is hard to gear for.. 50% of your equipment should be leather.. that's how to actually get to high dps..
    Restoration shaman is what I started out as.. chain healing is awesome.. but it sucks in ways.. Contrary to other healers, you don't have an instant heal (well.. you have one that you can use every 3 minutes). not only that, casting is slow.. your going to have to time your casting exactly during boss fights. one major stat you must take care of is MP5.. mana per 5 seconds while casting.. I've managed to reach 220 without any buffs.. and that barely lasts me one boss fight for a sunwell boss.. Other than that, all three are vitally needed for raiding teams.. there are just a lot more one type than another