Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so funny how when things come into comparison, their true light shows.

Funcom's ridiculously horrible customer service basically makes Blizzard's CS look godly.

Blizzard does have some of the best customer service for an MMO, but Funcom...Jesus Christ, Funcom is just awful.

They have like 10 GMs per server, they're all 18 or something, they're all incredibly unprofessional, they know nothing about the game, and they're just overall a big bunch of idiots.

Now, there are a few AoC GMs who are good at their job, but I've only found 1 or 2 like that.

Actually, no. I'll stop. I could sit here and list all of the problems with Funcom's customer service and customer relations, but it'd just be a waste of time.

I still play AoC, though, and have no plans of quitting.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

EcHoEs's Avatar lol why u mad
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ, Funcom is new company.
    Jesus Christ, AoC just started.
    Jesus Christ, they are making it better, hiring new personnel.

mrbeanz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funcom has been around 15 years, not exactly new

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't personally had any problems to have to deal with them, but from what I've seen around you seem dead on Verye. Oh well, hopefully I won't have to deal with them anytime soon. They did say they were hiring more people as well so maybe that will help.

XxFireflyxX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about discussing my screenshots instead of arguing about Funcoms customer support?

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not so much the lack of employees, it's the quality of the current employees.

Take a look at these convos:

This GM admits that he's a 4channer and says that many other GMs are, too. Not to mention that he's telling a bunch of people not to PvP on a PvP server. Funcom manager Famine had to clear up his "mistake" on the forums by saying that he used "poor word choice".

Read this entire conversation. I know it's long, but just read it. I mean, just look at how the guy talks. It's like they hired some random 18-year-old off the streets and told him to police a game. Once again, a GM is telling people not to camp other players on a PvP server, even though Funcom says it's allowed. Apparently 50% of GMs didn't get that memo. Then, after explaining this, he goes on a nice little explanation on what you can't say to people.

These are only 2 examples, but I've seen 6+ more screenshots like these. I unfortunately cannot find them at the moment, but still, these 2 should get the point across.

Age of Conan GMs are highly unprofessional. Their petition system is broken, they don't have many GMs, almost all of the current GMs are horrible, and their customer service department is overall just awful.

I tried to send in a petition via email, and after sending it, I was told to send it to another email. Fair enough. So, I send it there, and get an autoreply. It said I should be getting a live response soon. So I wait about 5 days and finally I see an email from a real GM.

So, I open it up and...it's another auto-reply, just this one's a bit more detailed. Jesus, so I get an auto-reply and then wait 5 more days for another auto-reply.

It said to reply to that email if it does not help you. I did, and I'm expecting many more auto-replies before I actually talk to a real person, who will most likely say they can't help me because GMs have no power.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

wtfx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disturbing o.O

Jenkins's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rofl.. well nice SS Firefly, the GM looks cool =P

to the customer support topic well... Funcom isn't as established as Blizzard, I mean they aren't taking in some 90million a month like Blizzard so they don't have as good of employees.. I'm sure that'll change once they rake in some money and hire some more/better people though

Notahax's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're level 100 with shiny armor... Nothing special like WoW Gms.. Anyway, funcom has been around 15 years.
    -

olemortenm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but this is their biggest MMO. My guess is that they are still drinking champaign from the great launch (subscription wise) and are just realising that they have a game to run. I would think that the EU GM's are worse than the american ones, as funcom is a norwegian company which makes it logical that they would hire norwegian employees. Me being norwegian, I know how slurry 18-year olds can be, and their bad english.