Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Exploit] Turn in the same quest multiple times.

This exploit was found while I used my quest strategy posted here.

In Old Tarantia you will get a quest that sends you into Villa Verde to rescue the owner from looters that have invaded. Complete this quest and you will get another that sends you back in to retrieve 5 valuables from the mobs still infesting the zone.

Go in and gather SOME of the valuables. They drop frequently from all mobs in the zone. Just don't gather all 5.

Go out and then do not reenter for 4 hours. When you reenter the Mobs will have respawned. Do as much grinding as you want and before you leave pick up the remainder of the 5 valuable. run outside and turn it in. get exp and be happy.

I have not verified how much time has to pass (probably 4 hours but maybe just after a relog) the npc in front of Villa Verde that gave you the quests will offer it to you again. Rinse and repeat.

It won't really result in MASSIVE xp gain. But its nice to know if you are grinding the Villas anyway.

I will update this post with more information as I get it.

[Exploit] Turn in the same quest multiple times.
    pandapanda's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you be kind enough to clarify the part about valuables you need.

How do I turn the quest in if I have lets say.. 4 valuables? Isnt the quest goal to get 5 valuables?

MagnumXL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
    Would you be kind enough to clarify the part about valuables you need.

How do I turn the quest in if I have lets say.. 4 valuables? Isnt the quest goal to get 5 valuables?
    Sure!

you do need all valuables. It just that they have to come from 2 different populations of the instance. so

Go in, get 4 valuables, clear zone.
    Go out.
    Wait 4 hours (zone repopulates)
    Go in and get last valuable for a total of 5.
    Go out and turn it in.
    Wait for quest to be reoffered.

Hope that helps.

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure all the Villa quests are repeatable as working as intended. You don't really have to wait 4 hours, just do the whole quest, do some other quests in the zone and come back, and check to see if you can pick it up again. At least this is how it works for me. I've done all the villa quests and I can re do them all. Also if you want repeatable quests for that level, the wanted signs in the camps in The Field of The Dead can be done repeatedly.

MagnumXL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note that I have turned in this quest 3 times. It is POSSIBLE that I overlooked the variable of level. I am not sure if your level affects this exploit, just thought of that sorry.

edet123's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Maffyx View Post
    I'm pretty sure all the Villa quests are repeatable as working as intended. You don't really have to wait 4 hours, just do the whole quest, do some other quests in the zone and come back, and check to see if you can pick it up again. At least this is how it works for me. I've done all the villa quests and I can re do them all. Also if you want repeatable quests for that level, the wanted signs in the camps in The Field of The Dead can be done repeatedly.

Sorry but this is how it works =) nice otherwise but , nothing special :wave:

MagnumXL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well color me stupid. Really thought I had found something there. Do you repeatably get the quests to Kill the Chef and Thief too?

jackdaripper's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dident work for me...

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    well color me stupid. Really thought I had found something there. Do you repeatably get the quests to Kill the Chef and Thief too?
    I'm not sure but I think those might be one time deals, I haven't seen any quests after I did them the first time. But the others like going and getting the herbs, the valuables, and whatever the other one was I'm pretty sure are working as intended.

MagnumXL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure but I think those might be one time deals, I haven't seen any quests after I did them the first time. But the others like going and getting the herbs, the valuables, and whatever the other one was I'm pretty sure are working as intended.
    /sigh

Thank you, and sorry for mucking up the boards,... again.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    /sigh

Thank you, and sorry for mucking up the boards,... again.
    Meh the AoC section is still young, I don't think you've done much harm, you've probably informed a lot of people about them anyways.

SuperUser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah the Villa instance resets itself - but I found no point in it since the quest outside is a daily quest.