0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogue/Lock 2v2 Strategy

I haven't seen a whole lot of strategy guides on here, probably because most people go to arena junkies, and their guide isn't very in-depth. I thought I'd post a strategy for 2v2 with a lock and rogue, since I was very successful with this combo, hopefully it might help somebody.

If you have 2k or even 1850k+ arena experience this guide isn't really for you, since you most likely already know this.

My 3 biggest rules of this combo are:

1. If there's a druid, kill it first and fast.

- Druids must be stopped at all costs, they can outlast any other class so while the druid's partner is CC'd, the druid must die very fast, which shouldn't be hard if you time your stuns/silences effectively.

2. Always focus on the same target.
    - Dpsing different targets is a sure way to lose in arena, a Rogue and Lock work great together as long as you focus on one opponent. The lock should NEVER use Auto-Spell Lock.

3. Have great communication.
    - Vent is a MUST. Timing your CC is the most important thing about this combo, when you get that down it's gravy. The Rogue should start with a sap, hopefully making the opponent trinket, follow it with a blind. When blind ends up follow it with chain fears/curse of exhaustion. Try to keep the CC'd target as far away as you can from the fight. When he breaks free the focused target should be dead.

Spec & Gear

Lock Spec/Gear
    -SL/SL. (24/37/0) Stack +Stamina +Spell Damage gems, being that the lock and it's pet are usually targeted first. If your gear is sub-par socket some +Resilience gems.

Rogue Spec/Gear
    -ShS. (20/0/41) Stack +Attack Power or +Agility gems, but make sure you have at least 10.5k HP or close to it.

Opposing Combos

There are some combos that are nearly impossible to beat, but not entirely. I will give a basic strategy for a few popular teams at the moment. I don't want to take FULL credit for the strategies against the following combos since I have read a few prior strategies from ArenaJunkies, but I did create and put time, thought, and prior experience into them.

vs. Rogue/Mage

- Focus on the Mage, the Rogue should garrote and the lock should keep tongues on him, purge his shields, and banish his elemental since it hits fairly hard. The opposing rogue should be deathcoiled then blinded. When blind wears up the lock should throw Curse of Exhaustion on him and dot him up.

vs. Druid/Hunter

- If the rogue can avoid the Hunter's flare which he probably can't, sap the Hunter. Otherwise dot him and his pet and try to kite it out of LOS to kill it, it's a major pain in the ass. Hopefully the lock should spot the druid before he tries to stun and immediately burn him down. Blind and Fear the Hunter.

vs. Priest/Lock
    - The lock should die first ideally and the priest CC'd, which is a bit tricky. Just do the regular, blind/fear/silence. The Felhunter should be on the priest after he breaks free of CC.

Mods

-
    Mods that I think are extremely helpful and almost required to become a 2k 2v2. There are many mods that do the same thing as the ones below, these are just the ones I used.

OmniCC - OmniCC | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

DrDamage
    - DrDamage | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Afflicted (NECB also worked great for me) - WoWInterface Downloads : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds : Afflicted2

Quartz
    - Quartz | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Mobinfo - MobInfo-2 (includes MobHealth) | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Deadly Boss Mods (Arena Timer) - Deadly Boss Mods | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Your UI should be your creation and based around your play style, so don't completely copy someone else's. There are many Action Bar/UI mods out there just search curse or another mod site for one you like.

I hope this guide helps : ).

Rogue/Lock 2v2 Strategy
    rainmakerr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide. Nice. In arena communication is the most important thing in my opinion. Especially for teams which cant reset fights