0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karazhan tanking for starting guilds

I know that tanking Kz with a starting guild and some blue/epics as a tank can be a real pain in the ass.I hope this thread is usefull.

First of all you need to make clear to the raid to give you some time to build aggro and not to start DPS cause you will lose your aggro fast as hell

Spam devastate and shield slam remember that 5 devastates give more threat than sudden armor.

importand thing to remember is that always before pulling you will need to get your rage up so you can start threat at once and not delaying the dps until you have the rage to build aggro

in tanking multiple targets thunder clap is the most effective way to keep your aggro up on all targets.try to taunt(when available in kz cause many mobs and bosses are immune to taunt in kz :S )one target all the time and devastate and thunderclap the other mobs one by one.

inervene is a very usefull ability when you are just starting tanking raids cause probably some1 is going to overaggro you remember to keep an eye on healers and aoe cloths.

also very nice ability in Kz is Mocking Blow cause as i said many mobs are immune to taunt and that makes a prot.warrior life harder

try to make the healer life easier with shield block/demorilising shout/pots/disarm and concussion blow.

for addons deadly boss is a MUST and omen for start.

Starting Requirements are 490/500 defence and 11k/12k hp unbuffed personaly for starting tank i would recoment to have more dodge than other defences.with that you will make the healers life easier and that is very important for starting kara.

i hope this helps...if i forgot something tell me about it

Karazhan tanking for starting guilds
    XenoZiden's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty basic stuff. Still some nice hints for people who are just now capped.

Theanimal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know its most basic stuff cause you need to go through the basics before you go in more hard stuff i think kz and gruul is where you start knowing your char and how to use him in raids... i really hope to help cause i remember my begining as a tank trying /whisper to any tanks i knew to teach me some stuff :S

Tobez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i started tanking in kara with full blue gear!! only if you get 490Defense (Wich is req for not being critable) and good healers it should be no problem

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good ideas bro.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Theanimal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tobez View Post
    i started tanking in kara with full blue gear!! only if you get 490Defense (Wich is req for not being critable) and good healers it should be no problem
    yeah ofc if the raid is good geared two three players can be in blue.This guide is most for guilds who just started