0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being attacked!?

is there a flag or address for the units that can be read that lets you know that the player (YOU) is being attacked?

if so where?

thanks

being attacked!?
    kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense or anything, but you don't need to create a thread for every question you have. Reverse the LUA functions for simple shit like this.

And i keep seeing you write stuff like "I'm writing a bot" - from what i can see, MMOwned is writing your bot. I haven't seen you do a thing for yourself yet!

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a mob has targeted you, it's already attacking you..... You've got your own GUID, right?

Zombie911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Value located at UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS offset <-- 4 byte integer.
    This value contain several flags. Need apply mask

My example.
    Code:
    int value = unitData.readOffset( UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS offset  );

bool combat = value & 0x0080000; // Object in combat
    bool attack   = value & 0x0000800; // Object auto attack enabled
    bool pvpflag = value & 0x0000008; // Object PVP mode enabled
    Last edited by Zombie911; 06-02-2008 at 09:58 AM.

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code:
    UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS: 
    8: (from a) player
    10: totem?!
    40: elite
    800: fighing
    1000: in pvp
    8000: 
    40000: immobile (player dead / stunned = C0000)
    80000:  in melee
    4000000: skinnable
    20000000: dazed
    But this does not tell you whether the mob is attacking you or someone else!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check its target and if in combat.

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isn't just the target enough? i've never seen a mob targeting me without attacking me!

Zombie911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KOS0937 View Post
    UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS:
    8: (from a) player
    10: totem?!
    40: elite
    800: fighing
    1000: in pvp
    8000:
    40000: immobile (player dead / stunned = C0000)
    80000: in melee
    4000000: skinnable
    20000000: dazed
    Thanx for information, it very important for my bot.

80000 <- I check, that flag tell = unit in combat

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you might be right... i've not looked into them for too long ^^

ShoniShilent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kynox View Post
    No offense or anything, but you don't need to create a thread for every question you have. Reverse the LUA functions for simple shit like this.

And i keep seeing you write stuff like "I'm writing a bot" - from what i can see, MMOwned is writing your bot. I haven't seen you do a thing for yourself yet!
    no offense back, but the specific questions i have are best put in specific threads so someone in the future who needs the specific information will be able to find it clearly in the thread heading rather than in the jumbles of threads that have tons of non-related information jammed into them, which makes it hard for me to find these specific informations-

also, no offense, but your postings are mostly negative, somewhat condescending, and tend to show how much you know and how little we know. why do you choose to be this way? also, why would i spend 3 days on something if the solution has already been found and some one here is willing to share the info (in a nice non-condescending way).

also, it takes more than just addresses and tables to write a bot. i will post my progress (a screen shot) soon. so far i have all of the infos in place (except that i cannot find a way to identify if something is neutral) and a working waypoint system working. however, much of the time coding the bot will not be in this information, but the testing and coding of the artificial intelligence and the actual setup of the GUI/user interaction with the bot program.

finally, since you seem to think i am leeching too much, here is what i have found regarding the display of mob units names. note this data:

TWoWObject = record
    DontCare1: Integer;//0x00
    DontCare2: Integer;//0x04
    DontCare3: Integer;//0x08 pointer to compl. struct i.e. eObjectFields
    DontCare4: Integer;//0x0C end of compl. struct
    DontCare5: Integer;//0x10
    ObjectType: Integer; //0x14 == 1..7
    DontCare7: Integer;//0x18
    DontCare8: Integer;//0x1C
    DontCare9: Integer;//0x20
    DontCare10: Integer;//0x24 ptr to item-struct?
    PtrCheck: Integer;//0x28 PtrCheck == NextPtr while NextPtr --> WoWObject
    DontCare12: Integer;//0x2C
    GUID: Int64; //0x30 GUID
    DontCare13: Integer;//0x38 end of each item-struct element (ptr to the next)?
    NextPtr: Integer; //0x3C
    end;

let's say base of TWoWObject is 2BAC0000.

then:

address of text string holding name of TWoWObject is:

[[2BAC0000+DB8h]+40h] such that

[2BAC0000+DB8h]= value1
    [value1+40h]=value2
    value2 is where the text string is located (read this address, text string terminated by 0)

i hope this helps someone.

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ShoniShilent... you're kidding, right?

Don't be unthankful oO Kynox might just be the greatest help you'll ever get writing anything.... And the question of this thread is sort of obvious!

oh and btw: i'm not proud of that TWoWObject struct, but you should mention the person you've got it from anyways.... (it's not the first time...)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ShoniShilent... you're kidding, right?

Don't be unthankful oO Kynox might just be the greatest help you'll ever get writing anything.... And the question of this thread is sort of obvious!

oh and btw: i'm not proud of that TWoWObject struct, but you should mention the person you've got it from anyways.... (it's not the first time...)
    couple things:

1) i don't know kynox and he doesn't know me. i appreciate the help and postings of anyone who posted something in these forums. that's what they are for. however, his postings to me specifically have been negative for the most part and condescending. take a look at them and you can see what i mean. i think he could respond with the info without all the negative baggage attached. just my 2 cents. if i offended him, then i apologize. however, his postings are somewhat offensive to me as well in the way that they are condescending. maybe he has been more positive and helpful to others than me and i am the exception for whatever reason. if so then he is to be commended. i hope i can be helpful to others as time goes on here and i learn more about the game and how to access it, etc. i am just not used to making intelligent, specific, and concise postings in what is supposed to be forums sharing info about hacking a specific game and then getting these types of responses/ reactions. i would never post anything like that to someone new here coming looking for info, especially if i have no idea of their level of coding, or what they are trying to accomplish. if some does a search now for skinnable then there will be a specific thread on that. or being attacked, etc. him writing:

is neither helpful nor does anything to the benefit of anyone else reading this thread about being attacked. why not write something to help instead of this?

2) your asking me to post a credit to your struct just re-inforces what i said about needing specific posts about specific items. that struct is posted in some form or fashion across several threads in this forum. i just happened to copy/paste yours into my WOW notes because it was in a thread that had other bunches of structs/flags/ etc. when i copied it. looking at my notes i have dozens of stuff listed from this website/ that website, this thread/that thread, etc. and sadly all of this info was found through hours of digging through unrelated threads with jumbled info. i apologize that i didn't credit you with your struct, but i don't even use it specifically in my program. i couldn't tell you where or who i got alot of the notes from, basically because they were spread across the web and these forums in many many threads, most of which were disorganized and got off topic in some ways. i am posting it here so that people who know what it is and how to access that info can use it as a starting place to get to the mob name info i posted. i didn't post it here to somehow take credit for it. in fact i don't care if people credit me for posting the offsets/pointers to the mob names. the goal here is sharing of the information so that we can get more stuff done. i thought this would be helpful to those people who don't want to use kynox .dll (or anyone else's second party pre-compiled code) to try and rip that info out of the game and they could do it themselves. sorry i didn't credit you-

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that specific struct i don't really care. But it's just polite to mention the creator.
    And appart from this one post i can't see where you are offended by kynox... Do you even realize how many informations you are using from him? Ever noticed the
    Code:
    */*----------------------------------
    WoW Offset Dumper 0.1
    by kynox

Credits:
    bobbysing, Patrick, Dominik, Azorbix
    -----------------------------------*/
    i posted with the eObjectFields, eUnitFields etc.etc.(And of course i've also copied that to my notes.. in case i want to post it somewhere else...)?
    And when you were asking for the hostility flag? - Well there might just be no simple answer, so kynox spend the time writing a dll to give you all the informations on the game you could ever need oO I don't see where this might offend...

Now that i think about it... it's about time i gave kynox some more +Rep for all his help - will do so as soon as i can

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that specific struct i don't really care. But it's just polite to mention the creator.
    And appart from this one post i can't see where you are offended by kynox... Do you even realize how many informations you are using from him? Ever noticed the
    Code:
    */*----------------------------------
    WoW Offset Dumper 0.1
    by kynox

Credits:
    bobbysing, Patrick, Dominik, Azorbix
    -----------------------------------*/
    i posted with the eObjectFields, eUnitFields etc.etc.(And of course i've also copied that to my notes.. in case i want to post it somewhere else...)?
    And when you were asking for the hostility flag? - Well there might just be no simple answer, so kynox spend the time writing a dll to give you all the informations on the game you could ever need oO I don't see where this might offend...

Now that i think about it... it's about time i gave kynox some more +Rep for all his help - will do so as soon as i can
    well that is nice of you to copy all the credits information down. i just chose to copy the info itself. it doesn't mean that i am not grateful or that i am trying to take credit when i post some of this stuff. the posting of the stuff is so that people have context or know what i am talking about. if you notice, those postings where i post structs, etc. that i am asking for help- not showing how to do something. but i concede to your points.

regarding kynox and his postings to me- here are more examples from him:

"There really was no need to make a thread about this.."

"Total crap, they have aggro flags >_>"

plus the other one i posted above. why not just post the answer or something useful rather than be condescending like this?

regarding the .dll, i personally can't/won't use it (i couldn't even download it since i am too new here), but i am sure some would get some use out of it. a better posting (in my opinion) is how to do this to begin with. how does one get the neutral status of an mob (or aggro flags)? why not just post the solution or at least give us a clue as to how to find it? at any rate, you are correct- he doesn't have to put anything here or respond at all so i guess we should be grateful for any postings from him or anyone else who has the knowledge or got the knowledge for this stuff already.

i won't post about this any more. i can see that i am on an island about this so no need to ruffle any more feathers here. i want to work WITH the forums, not AGAINST them-

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how does one get the neutral status of an mob (or aggro flags)? why not just post the solution or at least give us a clue as to how to find it?
    A dll does not help you, tell you how? Come on man, use your brains. I'm assuming you know a small amount of assembly, from what i've seen.

Follow the call i use to get the mob flag, you'll see where it reads its information from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast