Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Bug/Exploit] Sprinting for free. (Req: Mount.)

No longer works as of June 9th.
    Last edited by Ighox; 06-09-2008 at 01:59 PM.

[Bug/Exploit] Sprinting for free. (Req: Mount.)
    Glitchy's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, shame i don't have nay mount but my mammoth =(

hoper7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it can be preety useful

dekz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was about to write this one up till i saw it.

Confirmed

Rallycart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Not only did you snag this information from the US boards, but you also left out the main component. You need an item that increase your natural movement speed as well. You need either shoes or leg items that add % to movement speed or this does not work since your mount only bugs when you have them on.

Second, if you pull out your weapon while on your mount, you will go faster than normal, and can sprint to go even faster, meaning your mount will still be faster even if the person on foot is sprinting forever. Dismounting is the only problem.

Also, it is as soon as you enter combat that you lose the unlimited sprint, not when you attack yourself. If you take a single hit, or sheath/unsheath your weapons, it is over. It is highly situational, and usually not worth it. Only actually good for "wowing" your friends.

dbmking505's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool nice find
    I have recently quit the game but I still explore on trial accounts.

Ighox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rallycart View Post
    Nice. Not only did you snag this information from the US boards, but you also left out the main component. You need an item that increase your natural movement speed as well. You need either shoes or leg items that add % to movement speed or this does not work since your mount only bugs when you have them on.
    I'v never even read the US boards, I play on EU, so go somewhere else to yell REPOST OF SOMETHING WRITTEN ON A BOARD ALMOST NOONE READS, it was not posted here and I havent seen it posted elsewhere, thus I posted it since some people might find it useful, I havent put much testing into it so did not know that you needed movement speed stat to bug it.

Second, if you pull out your weapon while on your mount, you will go faster than normal, and can sprint to go even faster, meaning your mount will still be faster even if the person on foot is sprinting forever. Dismounting is the only problem.
    Whats your point? That does not make this any less useful, what do you think is faster, gathering resources while mounting and dismounting every time, or by sprinting with no stamina cost?
    Nobrainer, sprinting is faster by far, and thats not the only situation it beats mount.

Also, it is as soon as you enter combat that you lose the unlimited sprint, not when you attack yourself. If you take a single hit, or sheath/unsheath your weapons, it is over. It is highly situational, and usually not worth it. Only actually good for "wowing" your friends.
    You can get in combat and it still works, as long as your character doesnt automatically unsheath your weapons.
    If you get hit or attacks it gets canceled for sure.
    I'v had situations that mobs have been putting me in combat and chasing me and I could still sprint without it costing a thing.
    I did not do much research before I posted this so obviously I didn't know all the facts behind this bug, and as I said already, nothing beats this while gathering resources, say what you will but some people on these boards that does not read US forums will probably find it cool as well.
    Last edited by Ighox; 06-02-2008 at 09:57 AM.