0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TLS help

So... i've been going through the forum here trying to read about the TLS... i have been programming a bot and i have managed to get it to load most of my characters stats/health... i wanted to get into Objects that around my character... and i've heard TLS is the way to go for that.... most of the topics i have found deal with using the TLS once you already have it set up and what means what... anyone know any good threads or links that will actually get me started on learning the TLS from the start??

TLS help
    Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres like a bazillion tutorials in this forum you could use. You use TLS to get the pointer to the object manager, then you enumerate that to dump the objects into your program.

Too lazy to explain properly, come back when you've read enough to convince me you actually tried on your own and i'll give you a proper answer.

Nesox's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a pretty good topic regarding tls, WoW.DeV • View topic - Proof of concept code - WoW memory reading hope it helps some.

arynock's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz.... okay this could be considered a double post... but oh well.. heh... so anyways... from reading the tutorial... i see that you must read the TLS Slot pointer and it will give you the TLS Slot... from there you use that to iterate through all the WoW threads until you find the correct Base Object pointer... then you can iterate through all the slots to receive information on all surrounding objects in wow? correct? the only problem is when reading the TLS Slot pointer, it returns 0... so i'm stuck at the frist step... am i missing something?

Zombie911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by arynock View Post
    Chaz.... okay this could be considered a double post... but oh well.. heh... so anyways... from reading the tutorial... i see that you must read the TLS Slot pointer and it will give you the TLS Slot... from there you use that to iterate through all the WoW threads until you find the correct Base Object pointer... then you can iterate through all the slots to receive information on all surrounding objects in wow? correct? the only problem is when reading the TLS Slot pointer, it returns 0... so i'm stuck at the frist step... am i missing something?
    TLS Slot = 0 it's OK! TLS may have several slots, now you know what to read from 0
    Next take address of TEB, add 0x2C and read integer. <-- this is address "TLS Array"
    Now you must get address where begin memmory of slot 0.
    Read integer from = TLS Array + (TLS Slot * 4) <-- this address where wow store data call it "WOWbase"

WOWbase + 8 = Player GUID 8 byte long ( __int64 )
    WOWbase + 16 = Addres of Objects list around player

Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he'd read the tutorials properly he'd know what a TLS Slot is and he'd know a zero's ok....
    I hacked 127.0.0.1