0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Theory] Kurenai Rep Farming

Note: This guide is mainly for alliance, since I haven't played a horde toon past 70 in a long time, I'm not sure if this applies to you guys too.

Grinding "DAT REP" with the Kurenai

-Update, May 15: Well, I'm just running the original mapping as it's easier. As 67, I'm not getting as good of XP but that's not really the point. Not to mention no one seems interested so I'm done.
    -Update, May 12th Part 2: Added the data.
    -Update, May 12th: Let the Burning Blade rep run for 6.5 hours last night. Will be posting the results hopefully in a few hours.

Edit: Alternatively, I found out that these beads can also be turned in at Aeris Landing for Consortium rep!

So I, for one, have been itching to get my hands on those awesome Talbuk mounts that the Quartermaster is selling to me in Telaar, but only if I'm exalted. To remedy this situation, as I'm only just into Honored, I figured it was time to use my brand-spanking-new OpenBot to devise a grinding system that would get me the most rep with them, while still grinding away towards 70 (currently 66.5).

But, I can't do it alone. I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Here's what I've got so far:

Burning Blade Ruins

This, thus far, has been my primary farming spot. The only downside being that, for some reason, my damn little mage routine can't seem to handle 2-Mob pulls, because it fails so very hard at polymorphing one until mid fight. The Shamans are nasty about healing each other, but I don't think I record too many deaths while farming here. You only really get 11 or so rep per kill, but you can turn in the Obsidian Warbeads in stacks of 10 for 550 rep each time.
    (Side Note: I was getting about 40745 XP/Hourly at this spot, non rested, at 66)

XP/Rep Test:
    -Time: 12:00 - 6:45
    -XP Gained: 138818
    -Beads Gained: 76 (3850 rep from turn-ins)
    -Base rep gained: 2684
    -Gold Made: 49g

Comments: So it may not be the greatest xp, and the item drops were nothing to note, but still. Good chunk of my rep was knocked off though, made it a couple thousand into revered just from this session, so I can't really be mad at it. I'm about 3 bars away from hitting 67.

Laughing Skull Ruins

We've all most likely been here to do the Ring of Blood quest chain in order to gain our 60-something gold, and that nice blue item that makes it so worth the while to survive the horrible, HORRIBLE alliance noobs we had to group with. But what about rep? I don't have the answer for today, but will update soon as I plan to check this spot out tomorrow, although it has been confirmed that they too drop the Obsidian Warbeads.

Warmaul Hill

I came to this spot earlier in my questing career to find some caravan supplies for a quest. These mobs also drop the beads, but there are a few large elite mobs that patrol the area, thus making getting in and out, and even grinding a pain. Because of this, I wouldn't advise coming here for leveling or rep purposes.:yuck:

Cave NW of Halaa

Iirc, there's a kill quest to be completed here for somebody, but that's not what we're looking for right now. The mobs out here are, remembering back a few months, pretty dense in this area, but it's in a kind of a weird spot, and there are other mobs in the way. I haven't really scouted it out to much, so look for a more extensive report later this week (hopefully).

This is all I currently know of in the way of Beads. If anyone has any better methods, or spots in other zones, by all means go ahead and post them!

I will update this once I check out the XP at Laughing Skull, and investigate the cave a little further. Any feedback/tips/info is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Mobbed; 05-15-2008 at 11:20 AM.

[Theory] Kurenai Rep Farming
    Mobbed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I guess I should have come up with a better topic anyway.
    Last edited by Mobbed; 05-22-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Mobbed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the fact that OB and Glider have been getting people banned, could someone move this to the Guides section? I do have some updates for it but..