0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey !

Im new to this memory editing but been trying a little the last week. Mostly easy flash games and some on wow with the given adresses i found on the forum. I read the White Paper : Memory reading post and done the CE tut. But i wonder if anyone can give me some clues on what i can mess around with in wow? ive seen the wowinfinity hack but cant say i have the money needed on my paypal so im trying to just learn some nice ways to explore on myself. Etc. How do i scan for player flags or pointers? I cant say i have understood the whole pointer deal, anyone that can clear it out for me, what is it, how do i find it, and what can i do with it?

Just trying to learn ^^
    sry for unclear title
    Last edited by gangstas; 04-15-2008 at 08:59 AM.

Hey !
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pointers are a little difficult at first so i would not worry about them until you REALLY need it... I just use a pointer search on the program that i use to edit memory. First you must scan for an address, which is easiest to do if you use "unknown" then either Increased/Decreased or Changed and Unchanged. Once you find an address, do a search for any pointers that are around that region. Once you do that, put it in a format such as [[wow.exe+0xABCDEF]+0x3ABC]

gangstas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone else have some tips n tricks to share for a newcommer ? :P

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kth_prkns View Post
    pointers are a little difficult at first so i would not worry about them until you REALLY need it... I just use a pointer search on the program that i use to edit memory. First you must scan for an address, which is easiest to do if you use "unknown" then either Increased/Decreased or Changed and Unchanged. Once you find an address, do a search for any pointers that are around that region. Once you do that, put it in a format such as [[wow.exe+0xABCDEF]+0x3ABC]

kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kth_prkns View Post
    Dude, pointers are not difficult.. you read the value, you have a new value :/

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A pointer just 'points' you to another memory location, it's really not difficult....
    Pointer (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the light reflects off of the table, you have to take in the humidity and air consistency. Once this is achieved you can extract the UV light from the laser beam. This UV light will contain quite a complex row of data which you can extract and translate into your new memory location.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kynox View Post

As the light reflects off of the table, you have to take in the humidity and air consistency. Once this is achieved you can extract the UV light from the laser beam. This UV light will contain quite a complex row of data which you can extract and translate into your new memory location.
    Ohhhh! I've been using Shor's algorithm and quantum computing to do my calculations. This way is so much easier.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i know they are not difficult once you know how they work... but they were difficult to learn at first. I started messing with them when i hacked WolfTeam and everything was stored in ONLY virtual memory. The pointers were even [[[12345678]+0xffff]+0xcccc] and such >_<

EDIT: ahh that reminds me... do you guys know how i would find a static pointer for other computers as well? When I cracked glider elite, I found a pointer which worked just fine on my computer every time... but when I gave it to a friend of mine as a birthday present, it didn't work. I had to do the entire method again on his computer to find the hack. Both the address and the offset were different so I have no clue how i could make that work =P

also... I'm quite sure its not a multilevel pointer either since when i open it up in olly, the addresses are the base address that is used in the pointer.
    Last edited by Sychotix; 04-18-2008 at 01:49 PM.