0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] Player names?

So I guess I should show you why I'm asking...

ImageShack - Hosting :: mapah5.png

Basically I need to figure out how to grab player names before I can go any further - there's no real point otherwise.
    Currently, you can specify a bunch of objects you wish to look for and it'll highlight them and/or play a sound, depending on the config file.
    Think watching for herb nodes and mining nodes at the same time, with sound notification.

So, any ideas? Currently using TLS.

[Help] Player names?
    kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this reading from inside the process? If so the 42nd virtual table function is typedef'd as char* GetObjectName(); Just use it in a class pointer.

This looks really awesome dude. Are you just reading from the MPQ to access those minimap images?

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats pretty sexy. Unfortunately I can't tell you how to get an objects name externally, but like kynox said if you're doing it internally just use the VMT.

Are you using StormLib to read the MPQs?

wraithZX's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, reading from internal memory, using TLS as I said before - shouldn't be too hard to extrapolate if that's the case.

And yep, reading from the MPQ's with StormLib. Much easier than exporting and attempting to read from 5MB jpg's.
    Much nicer getting some sort of a sense of scale to where objects are. Filtering would need to be added, but baby steps for the time being
    Last edited by wraithZX; 04-10-2008 at 06:29 PM.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats pretty cool... i remember some1 said they were selling a maphack something like that where you could view the map and see all players (with color coordination)

Sadchaos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would be total rapage. You'd probably get banned unless this is untraceable?

wraithZX's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always take steps to reduce Warden's detection capability - for instance I run WoW.exe as a guest user which has little to no permissions available to it.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kth_prkns View Post
    Yeah thats pretty cool... i remember some1 said they were selling a maphack something like that where you could view the map and see all players (with color coordination)
    You only get the data for objects within a certain distance (which happens to be approximately the range of the minimap). There's no such thing as a 'maphack' for WoW where you can reveal unit information for the entire map, there's a maximum range to that kind of data.

Originally Posted by wraithZX View Post
    You can always take steps to reduce Warden's detection capability - for instance I run WoW.exe as a guest user which has little to no permissions available to it.
    Makes no difference what privelige level the account is, waste of time.

Originally Posted by Sadchaos View Post
    that would be total rapage. You'd probably get banned unless this is untraceable?

As long as such a program stays private there's nothing to detect really, no detours or memory writing is necessary, only reading, so there's nothing warden can detect. (Unless the program goes public)
    Last edited by Cypher; 04-11-2008 at 07:09 AM.

suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code something like this, but in Ring0 and its in theory 100% undetectable.

And Chaz, Your wrong.. In a way. There is a full maphack, but it involves people volunteering to send out their player info onto a 3rd party server lol...

its almost like Carbonite broadcasting a player's position to be read by other players. My friend was telling me his buddies were coding a program that would take info from a volunteer's wow, post it into a database of players for that server, then any programs open could access where that player was in WoW's Universe, anywhere in the game of course.

I guess they were doing tests on it with about 20 people and they said that it was running somewhat smooth, both sides with stealths and all being seen, the only catch is, right now it has a 10 second refresh rate so information download rates aren't really bad. Which means the program couldn't be used for any really serious live PVP.

anyways, i need to sleep.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by suicidity View Post
    Code something like this, but in Ring0 and its in theory 100% undetectable.

And Chaz, Your wrong.. In a way. There is a full maphack, but it involves people volunteering to send out their player info onto a 3rd party server lol...

its almost like Carbonite broadcasting a player's position to be read by other players. My friend was telling me his buddies were coding a program that would take info from a volunteer's wow, post it into a database of players for that server, then any programs open could access where that player was in WoW's Universe, anywhere in the game of course.

I guess they were doing tests on it with about 20 people and they said that it was running somewhat smooth, both sides with stealths and all being seen, the only catch is, right now it has a 10 second refresh rate so information download rates aren't really bad. Which means the program couldn't be used for any really serious live PVP.

anyways, i need to sleep.
    Yeah, good luck getting all WoW players to sign up for that. My point stands, there is no full maphack, relying on volunteers to give up info doesn't count because you'll never get enough people to sign up to make it worthwhile. Besides, it doesn't stick to the meaning of the word, because it's not a 'maphack', it's just showing volunteer data, not reading the true data from the client.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah.. They had a decent Idea, but how can they get 9+million people to sign up, then reliably stream data? If only.. lol

Lindoz12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome dude! Yeah, as kynox said i guess, its the only way i know tho.. rep inc

Qazorp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can give you the way to retrieve the player's names from the memory (no injections or whatever).
    But I'm also interested by some part of your code (stormlib & map display basically).

Send me a PM if you are interested.

PS: my code is in C# and fully functional for latest patch (2.4.1.8125)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qazorp, you being a leecher, i'm sure you will need to provide proof and backup your statements with it.

unknwon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i too would like to see how your retrieving your names, is it using TLS? so far it`s the only thing i can`t from TLS with Delphi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast