0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some help, may being getting scammed

Look, i know im a leecher, so go ahead and flame the **** out of me plz....but id like some info

here is the run down

I traded my account with this guy on my server.....all was fine for abbout a week

Now im getting a tell from some guy, saying that he is guna get this account banned (his story is that the guy i traded with....traded with him, got his account banned...then recalled the account)

He says he knows a server admin who will be banning the account in 5 hours (this part sounds sketch) and that i should recall my account back asap....

Ive thought over reasons why he could be the scammer, and wants me to recall for some reason....but its just left me in a confused mess....

I asked him to get in vent (to see if it was same guy i traded with) and he came up with an excuse of having a shit comp (maybe true...but again sketch)

I know i leech, and dont deserve help.....but i would appreciate any input on what i should do

Thanks

Need some help, may being getting scammed
    DLC's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like BS to me. What is he demanding?

And you can't "know" a server admin and use him like that. He is also involved with trading accounts too. and pretending to be some other guy with diff contact details.
    [72;101;108;108;111;32;109;121;32;110;97;109;101;32;
    105;115;32;68;97;114;114;101;110;0]

Nasiou's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do u have cd key ,copy of his ID SQ and and the account to your e-mail?if yes he can do nothing to you.

Oldirty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nasiou View Post
    do u have cd key ,copy of his ID SQ and and the account to your e-mail?if yes he can do nothing to you.
    so...ive recalled my OG account.....and all my toons were deleted

and my main char was xfered to a new realm.....

talked to GM they are all getting it back...i hope thats the end of it

tho still curious why that guy was telling me to recall

he wasnt demanding anything

he was just saying that he got his account hacked from the guy i traded with, and regardless if it was still him or not....he wanted to get the account banned

he told me i should recall my account asap

SmotPoker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omg you are an idiot this forum is to inform people on how to scam people like you not for you to ask if your getting scammed. Now that i have got that out of the way this is what you should do. First tell the guy to stfu. Insult him until he wants to cry and since you read these forums and obviously want to scam someone you should recall ur account and then just keep the account you have now. That way you have to accounts. And also he does not know a server admin cause there is no such thing. That is only on private servers. GM's have complete power to do anything they just can not do it if they value their jobs. There is no need for a server admin seeing as all blizz has to do is modify an account to give it GM powers and all they have to do is ban it to take it away

Oldirty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ben98902 View Post
    omg you are an idiot this forum is to inform people on how to scam people like you not for you to ask if your getting scammed. Now that i have got that out of the way this is what you should do. First tell the guy to stfu. Insult him until he wants to cry and since you read these forums and obviously want to scam someone you should recall ur account and then just keep the account you have now. That way you have to accounts. And also he does not know a server admin cause there is no such thing. That is only on private servers. GM's have complete power to do anything they just can not do it if they value their jobs. There is no need for a server admin seeing as all blizz has to do is modify an account to give it GM powers and all they have to do is ban it to take it away

Yeah...i knew something was fishy

anyone got any idea what kinda scam this is

why would he want to trade, then have me recall my account after he has deleted everything on it...

ATM i got my account and the other account aswell....if all goes well...ill give that account away on here...i got all info to recall it

*ChAoS*'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His story sounded legit besides knowing the server admin. He wouldn't know the server admin and I don't think that they are even called that. Its going to be a senior member at Blizzard who is dealing with bans and suspensions. He could get both accounts banned, however then he doesn't have an account either. Most likely hes bluffing. However, you can never be sure that your account is secure unless you are original owner. Blizzard may suspend your account until you can produce a verified I.D. if he is not lying.

Oldirty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by theblackmage View Post
    His story sounded legit besides knowing the server admin. He wouldn't know the server admin and I don't think that they are even called that. Its going to be a senior member at Blizzard who is dealing with bans and suspensions. He could get both accounts banned, however then he doesn't have an account either. Most likely hes bluffing. However, you can never be sure that your account is secure unless you are original owner. Blizzard may suspend your account until you can produce a verified I.D. if he is not lying.

Ok...well ATM ive got my account back....and i still got his

Now, to get my main char back to my OG server.....they said they will be doing a full account investigation before my char is returned to my server free of charge

Think this will include looking at my chat logs? 0o0

PS the account i got will go to person with most rep that helps me out most...so far its the guy im quoting...

EDIT: he said a while ago that his "Admin friend" will be banning the account in 5 hours...its been about 8....LoL if i got both accounts now...and will gladly give this account away after it all settles down and i get my main char back onto my server

Thanks for the ideas on what this could be.....most confusing scam in the world, lmao
    Last edited by Oldirty; 04-08-2008 at 11:08 PM.

*ChAoS*'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point you have done all that you can do. Blizzard will obviously investigate the account. Trading/selling/buying/scamming are all against Blizzard rules, however if you say your account got scammed, Blizzard will probably revert it and possibly make you send it a verified I.D. Blizzard will probably also give you a final warning and if you get "scammed" again, your main account will most likely be banned/not be reverted. Good Luck!