Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little wonder about a scam

Hello.

A couple of days ago i scammed an account from a person. He gave me Name/PW, E-mail, SQ/A CD-Key etc. Then i traded the account for another one. Now i've put up the second account for sale. Today i got this message from Blizzard (i assume the owner of the first account contacted Blizzard):

Greetings!It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account. As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard employee's. Blizzard might consider taking legal actions against your crime, if it seems too be of an extreme nature. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account. This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment takes these sales quite serious. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account. This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account. You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with: <email> and so on

Anyways...

If i won't do anything the person that i've traded with will be pissed (i don't care, i can block him) since his account will be banned. But they are saying this in the mail: "
    Blizzard might consider taking legal actions against your crime, if it seems too be of an extreme nature". Is this "extreme nature"? And if it is, what can they do?

Happy to get some replies...

Thanks.

A little wonder about a scam
    Gerwulf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are loads of messages like that circulating.

From exaclty what adress did you get the mail? Check the adress for @....

Alot of people inpersonate Blizzard with "[email protected]" and such, If the adress is not "[email protected]" you can just ignore the mail.

If the adress is indeed "[email protected]" for example, then look in the mail. If they ask you to reply to another email in the mail, its probably gonna be a "...@hotmail" or something. Just ignore that aswell. Someone has probably sent a fake email that you cannot answer to, cause the adress is fake, so you are directed to another "not blizzard" email.

If there is nothing like that , if the adress is a Blizzard andress and no faked email is linked in the message, an email where you should send the info, I dont know what to do. Chances are that it's actually Blizzard and you might be ****d.

pernil90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The E-Mail is: WoWaccount reviewE.U <[email protected]>

So it's not a Blizzard mail i assume?

And for the record, the mail didn't look proper either. The text in the mail was written in the right corner of the screen and there were only about three words per line.

So i don't think it's a real mail since "live" is hotmail with another name.

Gerwulf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is a fake email and nothing to worry about. Just ignore it.

Woxter's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe there's loads off these emails, check the email before starting to worry!

Woink's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a fake mail, there's someone trying to scam you. Even through you get a mail from @blizzard.com you should watch out as scammers can easily send mail under that with a fake emailer just remember on simple thing, they will never ask you for your password.