Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QueueGuy 1.00 A new BG queueing tool !!!

I found this on the Glider forums . And i know its a copy and paste job so dont flame me coz im not asking for rep OK , its just sharing :

QueueGuy is a small tool I threw together last night to monitor the game when you're queued for a realm. It reads the queue label from the game and shows you your position and time remaining in its own window, so you can minimize the game. Most importantly, QueueGuy sounds an alarm repeatedly (until you shut it off) when you finally get through the queue, allowing you to go do other things while waiting to get in.
    This is something I threw together last night when I really wanted to watch The Daily Show on my Tivo while queued. Having to get up and check the computer every few minutes is very annoying - even when you're using the computer, you have to check every so often just if the game is minimized.

Requirements:

QueueGuy requires Windows 2000, XP, or Vista. It also requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. You can check to see if you have it by looking in Control Panel... Add/Remove Programs. If not, grab it free from Windows Update or the at Download link for Glider (top nav of this page).

Installation:

To install QueueGuy, just right-click the link below and save it somewhere, like your desktop. There are no other files used by QueueGuy.

Un-installation:

To uninstall, just delete it. QueueGuy also makes a single copy of itself with a random name in your temp directory to avoid being easily detected by process name. If you want to clear out that little piece as well, just go into your temp folder and delete the 45k exe that's dated the last time you ran QueueGuy. It doesn't hurt anything being there, other than taking up a tiny bit of disk space.

Download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/13618332/QueueGuy.exe

Frequently Asked Questions

How does it work?

It works a bit like Glider, passively reading from the game. QueueGuy simply finds the label for the queue dialog and reads it out of the game, kind of like Windows Text to Speech reads labels from dialog boxes.

What order should I run things?

The easiest way to use QueueGuy is just log into the game and select your realm. If you get queued, then run QueueGuy and it will find what it needs. You can then minimize the game or leave and QueueGuy will tell you when it's time to play. Close the QueueGuy window when done to save some CPU time from it scanning.

Why does QueueGuy take a few seconds to start?

We didn't want QueueGuy to make a web request for offsets or other data, so it uses a simple searching technique to find what it needs. This takes a few seconds, but it's normal.

Does it download or report usage?

No, QueueGuy is 100% standalone and does not make any network request at all.

Is using QueueGuy against the EULA/TOS?

Probably, but so is any "unapproved third-party application". Using Photoshop, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Solitaire could be interpreted as against the terms of use.

Is QueueGuy detectable?

QueueGuy is not easily detected and happens to avoid the current and past detection methods, but it is not as stealthy as Glider. It does not hide its process from the operating system or otherwise use rootkit-like techniques.

What is Glider, anyway?

Glider is a tool that... well, check the FAQ link above.

Why are you releasing this?

I keep getting queued and it's driving me crazy. I couldn't take it any more, so I built this for my own use. I imagine it's just as bad for other people, so I'm releasing it. With any luck, Blizzard will add an "alert" or "alarm" checkbox on the queue dialog and make this little tool obsolete.

btw , i did'nt scan this yet coz viruscan.com seems to be getting buggy for me . Can someone scan this for me and post the results plz : )
    Last edited by Flying Piggy; 01-27-2007 at 07:24 AM.

QueueGuy 1.00 A new BG queueing tool !!!
    Ced's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: QueueGuy 1.00 A new BG queueing tool !!!

Hmm.. not as stealthy as glider means lot of ban risk :P

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope its not , ive just been using it for the last 2 hours now .

X-Gogeta's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why ... ? Since when do we need a new one ?

If there is a bot that imports your brain and improves your IQ by 500 and kills everything in BG... then i would want it...
    --

*sigh* 100 kb max file size :/.

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by X-Gogeta
    Why ... ? Since when do we need a new one ?

If there is a bot that imports your brain and improves your IQ by 500 and kills everything in BG... then i would want it...

Why ? Its simple , i found this on the Glider forums , then i tested it and it worked fine so i thought that sharing this with the MMowned members would be a nice thing to do , so i did share it . Maybe somebody might find it usefull or use it in one of their programs , who knows , but theirs no point in flamming coz all i did is share something that works .

X-Gogeta's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, not really flaming, but its the same as releasing a hack that does the exact same thing twice.
    --

*sigh* 100 kb max file size :/.

Scilent's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx for sharing. :P