Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scamming with a different IP

Hey all,

A a starting scammer who had a blast with some of the awesome guides on this website i find myself having a few important questions.

- For protection of my own account is it nessecary to do my scams on another IP? Or will blizz never give a damn?

- If another IP is needed, will it be enough if i just scam on my laptop (2nd pc) at home on the same router or will this create a link between the two computers?

- If a laptop at the same router wont work, what can i do (without internet cafe's) to create a secure 2nd IP which has no link whatsoever to my own IP? Im thinking of logging onto a friends network with my laptop...

Thank you very much in advance!

Scamming with a different IP
    Palumir's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your scamming ingame there is really no way to hide your IP. Personally I use one computer to scam ingame and one computer to play. Try PimpMyIP - Free Anonymous Web Proxy | Take back your privacy if you are scamming on the internet, that is a "proxy", it hides your IP.

//EDIT//
    Go to start/run/cmd and type iconfig. Look what your IP is, now type ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew. If it has changed do that every time you pull off a scam.
    Last edited by Palumir; 03-25-2008 at 06:06 AM.
    Richard rules!

Woink's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't care about Blizzard getting you IP, they don't ban IP adress. Simply because if they do it'll prevent you from buying a new copy of World of Warcraft and they'll lose money, they can't let that happen!

You could use proxys but it's not really that needed either as trade scams usually take place over MSN or AIM. The only way they'll get your IP over MSN for example is by sending you a file and do a netstat check in cmd.

When you've scammed and you feel like changing IP there's a pretty simple way of doing it if your internet is dynamic. Turn off your Modem, Routher, Computer and boot it all up again, you should now have a new IP.

I hope this answers your prayers.

- Cyber Jesus

Nandos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was indeed referring to ingame scams...

But as how i understand it now i can scam happily on the same computer using multiple wow accounts?
    So to be clear they wont ban my main account when i do the following?:

- change pass/email from a scammed account and scam some gold with it (on the same pc as my main).
    - Laundry money and eventually transfer it to my main account (on the same pc).
    - Get the scammed account banned for scamming gold (on the same pc as my main's)

Tnx for the info!

Woink's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used diffrent IPs or multiple computer when doing all of that and I'm still waiting for my first warning. You have nothing to worrie about, just follow some of the great laundery guides out there while doing that and you'll most likely be safe. The reason I saw most likely is because there's allways a little chance that it goes wrong.

Happy scamming!

- Cyber Jesus