0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've Learned So Far (Gliding)

So I just bought glider 3 days ago. I've leveled 2 70's prior to this by my own blood and sweat. I read that they tuned it so that leveling is a lot faster with the cap of 70. This is definitely true. I'm on day 3 right now and i'm 31 about to hit 32. So all in all this has been an insanely fast process.

I've been following the warlock 1-70 diary that is stickied in this forum. For the most part it's been working out awesome for me. So here are a few things that I learned. They are probably obvious but so far it's all been a learning process.

- It seems that the average glider keeps the default of log out after 5 minute follow. So I've set mine to 5.1 because I ran into an instance where I was watching another player and he was mysteriously on a path like mine. My 5 minute timer went off and glider was about to log off but I overode it. Suddenly I see the other guy sit down and log off. He hasn't logged on for the last 8 hours so I assume I ****ed him up. My bad.

- Since I am leveling a mage wands are a huge help for finishing off mobs. It conserves mana etc. In the lower leves I set my wands to start at 25 life but as I played on I made the mistake of not changing it and died a bit. I am at 31 and have set it to @ 5.

- Tune your rest percentages appropriately. When I'm watching my char and I want to have a higher xp/hr rate I set my mana to 50 so that my char will zap 2 mobs before drinking. Now that I'm in shimmering flats I've tuned everything up because there are more hostile mobs everywhere.

Things I'd change about glider
    - I wish you could set a designated panic area. Like when I was doing the grind on the duskwood bang I would have wanted a panic to run into the river.

- I wonder if the GM reply takes into account message length and typing rate. I mean what if a GM messages me and my auto reply is 50 words long. Does it just throw it back or does it delay?

- I wish when I have an add and glider polies the one, that it would kill the first back up, repoly then bandage etc. Instead it seems like it polies, kills mob 1 then takes 5 steps back and attacks mob 2 regardless of health. This could prevent a lot of my add related deaths.

What I've Learned So Far (Gliding)
    gangstas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - I wonder if the GM reply takes into account message length and typing rate. I mean what if a GM messages me and my auto reply is 50 words long. Does it just throw it back or does it delay?

To answer you on that, it dosent delay. But you can do commands like /exit or /logout.

Saridormi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/16
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO WoWMimic is WAY better than Glider, especially for farming.

But the options in it are limited and the grammar is...ugh.

Openbot wins at leveling though

kasualhustler's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, thanks for the useful info.