Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I prevent loosing scammed gold/items?

Hi,

First of all, I would just like to say that maybe this information can be found somewhere in this help section of the forum but atleast I could'nt find it. If there is, please feel free to redirect me to that post and accept my humblest apology.

I have been using the phising scam I found on the forums for a while:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...m-cz-html.html

Everything works great with that and that has nothing to do with the problem I am about to announce. I have sent out numerous mails and gotten access to quite a number of accounts. At first, I used to create a new character (on my main account, don't have any other) that I sent the scammed gold to, and then passed it on to my main after which I deleted the middelhand character.

I managed to get over a few accounts containing characters with around ~2500g and it went smoothly. A couple of days after I scammed the first account containing relatively large ammounts of gold I recieved in-game mail from Blizzard, this has been a problem since. These mails stated that my account had been involved with theft and all items and gold I had scammed were removed from my account, even enchants purchased with the scammed money were removed.

This got me a little nervous, beeing an unexperienced scammer as I am. I got rid of the account since I was concerned that it might get suspended.

I did not use the scam for a while, I didn't have and account, but a few days ago I tried it again, on a new account. I figured that if I was to focus on one "big hit" and actually send the gold to my main character after which I would act surprised in gchat and so on, acting as if tho I did not know anything of the scam, then Blizzard would leave me alone. I mean, surely they cannot ban me for recieving a large amount of gold in mail?

How wrong I was. I recieved yet another in-game mail from Blizzard a day later, removing the gold, items and enchants I had scammed. Not only did they do that, this time, on this account, I got a 72hrs suspension. Could they have looked up the my IP adress and seen that the scammed account had logged in from my IP?
    They must have done something like it because it would be stupid to ban me simply for recieving an in-game mail filled with valuables, as stated above.

Anyway, my question is how can I avoid this in the future? Is it neccessary to get myself a "scamming account", an account that I can use only for scamming?

Are there any tricks that I can use to wipe out any traces leading to my account? Maybe I should get a working IP hider? Any suggestions on good ones?

Please, excuse me for the wall of text, but I felt like informing you as much as possible to get as much out of the question as possible.

Regards,

Gerwulf
    Last edited by Gerwulf; 03-16-2008 at 04:56 PM.

How do I prevent loosing scammed gold/items?
    Krip's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for being very detailed.

An IP changer wouldn't be bad... but since you account has already been targeted previously they targeted it again.

The first was... for say a 'warning', then they suspended your account... next time it will be a ban so I would stay away from that account.

What you can do is save the emails / characters information... then once you get the passwords you need to login to the forums get the characters name and look it up on the forums.
    You can then trace it back to the email.

Once you have done that you will need to trick the person by using this scam http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...l-service.html or something along the lines.

Once you have received that information... you will need to change it by using this guide http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...s-account.html.

Now you will have that whole account to yourself and you really don't need to even play your main.
    Or you can sell it or do something else with it. But... remember the OO (original owner) can get the account back unless you tell blizzard not to change the email again.

Please, excuse me for the wall of text, but I felt like informing you as much as possible to give you as much information as possible.

Gerwulf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answer,

I would like to keep playing my main character, but maybe it will be difficult and risky to involve my main account in any more scamming.

I take it that you are suggesting that I get myself another account, a "scamming account" from which I make the actual scams?

If I were to get another account, would it be possible in any way to get the money to my main account without risking another ban? If I get myself a new "main account", how can I prevent that account from getting banned and warned?

Sorry, alot of questions but basically I would just like to know what to do after getting access to another account to be as safe as possible but still get the cash?

Regards

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best way to keep gold is. Invite the scammed account to guild, give it access to put gold in guild bank, put the gold in and then take the gold out of it with your main.

Gerwulf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright!

Thank you both for your fast answers, +rep!

Later