4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plugin Idea's and questions

So I kind of asked this question a week ago and maybe I didn't understand or explain it correctly.

So I found a bunch of different plugins in the Plugin section that I want to use. I don't know anything about coding and I don't want to write my own code just copy and paste other peoples plugins and use theirs.

One I found is James Nemsis bracer pluggin. I took a screen shot of how I have it added and it seems to throw 3 expection code when I enter in the game and doesn't allow the plugins to work so I must of did something wrong.

1. is the name of the actual file that important as long as it just has the .cs after it, it should work right? like instead of jamespluginbracer.cs i can just name the file bracer.cs ?

2. So I open up blank notepad, copy their code then save the file into turbo-plugins- default section. Do I have to put the file into a folder or just in the general Default section for it to read it?

I'm sorry for the dumb questions I'm completely clueless how to get these other plugins to work and I would love to have some of them. I wish there was like a 1 minute youtube video of someone showing exactly step by step how to add a pluggin that is in the Plugin section from start to finish.

exmaple of plugin question.jpg

***Some plugins I would like to add if possible to find the code maybe already written by someone or if someone can write the code for me to copy and paste would be.

1. Make oculus ring glow brighter or a different color when I personally stand in it. with it being based off a hitbox area sometimes if ur just on the edge of it, it activates the ring so I would want to know when I'm activating the ring or not by a different color.

2. Mark on mini map / regular enlarged map when their is a primal drop with like a green triangle and if its an ancient item maybe a blue circle. Something where I don't have to go pick up every rare item. So i can quickly open up my map and if its ancient or primal go pick it up otherwise leave it.

3. A timer for how long achron has left just like the focus and restriant timer in the center of screen. So i know when the achron form is about to drop to tele to safety while I channel to get back into achron form for chantodo build.

4. When you click on the portal to see each city / act I wish there was like a golden circle around each town / area that has high probility of a XP pool. Like the leroic's manor has a high chance to find xp pool. If that town had a gold circle I could easily just teleport to only towns with high chances quickly when searching for the xp pool.

Plugin Idea's and questions
    itsmylife's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    32/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These user plugins don't go to plugins\default folder and you shouldn't rename them if you are clueless on coding!

If you read 1st post of the plugin you want to use there are install instructions which you should follow. But usually the plugins go to folder "plugins/xxx" where xxx stands for the folder name of the creator.

Dave2269's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The instructions are always like this "Place MonsterCirclePlugin_Mod.cs in "plugins\CB\MonsterCirclePlugin_Mod.cs" (I have kept the original folder CB) " I don't see any folder named CB. I put this file under default - Monster section. I don't ever see the folders they speak of exactly?

RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    103/774
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the default folder should only be the plugins that the TH brings by default. Third-party plugins must go in User or in a folder with the name of the author, and you can not choose, in the instructions they will detail what should be.
    The name of the file in the browser can be changed to the one you want . (*.cs)
    The CB folder must be created by you
    James has disappeared, he has not adapted his complements to the new version and some of them do not work at the moment.
    Last edited by RNN; 05-20-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Dave2269's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I dont ever add any files to the default folder i leave all of that alone. If i wanted to add anything I would add a folder under Plugins where right now it gives me option to open default or user. This is the screen I add another folder to and put all the new pluggin codes I added there?

RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    103/774
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally one folder per author (in Plugins\) , and within each folder all the plugins of that author, but as I said before, the instructions can say something different.
    Last edited by RNN; 05-20-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Razorfish's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/158
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dave2269 View Post
    1. is the name of the actual file that important as long as it just has the .cs after it, it should work right? like instead of jamespluginbracer.cs i can just name the file bracer.cs ?
    Correct, file name is not essential. Naming scheme is mainly for organization of the files...makes it easy to tell that it's the Nemesis bracer plugin instead of the Ancient Parthan Defenders plugin, for example.

Originally Posted by Dave2269 View Post
    2. So I open up blank notepad, copy their code then save the file into turbo-plugins- default section. Do I have to put the file into a folder or just in the general Default section for it to read it?
    The other responses are correct - James' plugins don't go in the TurboHUD \ plugins \ Default folder. In general, you can figure out what folder to put plugins in by looking inside the *.cs file (it's a text file so you can just load it up in Notepad or something similar).

If you open up that nemesis bracers plugin .cs file, the top of it looks like this.

See the line that I highlighted: namespace Turbo.Plugins.James <-- This means that you should put this cs file in TurboHUD \ plugins \ James. If you don't have a folder in plugins named James, make a new folder and name it that.

Similarly, any plugins that go in the Default folder have a namespace Turbo.Plugins.Default near the top.

Dave2269's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much, the namespace is what I was having troubles understanding. So basically the script is looking to activate it but it has to be in the folder made for it. i was adding everything under Default section but now getting the plugins to work. Thank you so much for clarifying !