0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way to change my ip to my friends ip

Friend is leveling a new character for bfa and I'd like to help him level while he is at work but don't wanna get him banned. Any way I could make it look like I'm logging in with his ip?

Any way to change my ip to my friends ip
    lorac's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt anyone is going to tell you how to spoof someone's IP address.
    Why would you need to change your IP address just to go into wow?
    At worse it asks for authenticator or emails user or secret question.
    I personally have issue telling someone how to spoof an ip address due to the fact that it:

1. Circumvents online security systems.
    2. How do I know you are not trying to spoof him so he gets in trouble?
    3. There is proxies out there if you don't want to be seen online.
    4. In Reality there is no need when it comes to bnet if your friend answers the secret question or puts the security code from email your ip is saved on their servers.

I use my account at 3 separate places with no issues 2 different states and 1 out of country. and at worse i got email with security code.
    That and 2 systems. 1 laptop and 1 pc.
    I personally do not think it is wise to cover how to spoof ip addresses due to the fact that there are people out there who have no clue what they are doing but go by tutorials to attack people.
    Nothing against you but how can i know for sure you do not have bad intentions?

if someone else wants to cover it great but I think it is a lot of work for nothing considering blizzard has access to your CpuID, also as soon as you launch client it sends all the information including the (debug) hardware inventory.

3. Thanks Scumstation (1 members gave Thanks to lorac for this useful post)
    Nofail's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lorac View Post
    I highly doubt anyone is going to tell you how to spoof someone's IP address.
    Why would you need to change your IP address just to go into wow?
    At worse it asks for authenticator or emails user or secret question.
    I personally have issue telling someone how to spoof an ip address due to the fact that it:

1. Circumvents online security systems.
    2. How do I know you are not trying to spoof him so he gets in trouble?
    3. There is proxies out there if you don't want to be seen online.
    4. In Reality there is no need when it comes to bnet if your friend answers the secret question or puts the security code from email your ip is saved on their servers.

I use my account at 3 separate places with no issues 2 different states and 1 out of country. and at worse i got email with security code.
    That and 2 systems. 1 laptop and 1 pc.
    I personally do not think it is wise to cover how to spoof ip addresses due to the fact that there are people out there who have no clue what they are doing but go by tutorials to attack people.
    Nothing against you but how can i know for sure you do not have bad intentions?

if someone else wants to cover it great but I think it is a lot of work for nothing considering blizzard has access to your CpuID, also as soon as you launch client it sends all the information including the (debug) hardware inventory.
    To my knowledge blizzard tracks ip login and if it's too far away too quick you get banned for account sharing. Looks like I didn't t know what I was asking for, thanks for informing me.

blearish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you friend setup a vpn and leave his PC on while at work, you should be able to connect to his vpn and then bounce your connection through his making it just look like he is logged in.

lorac's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using (EU) to represent your location.
    and Say your friend is located in (US)
    When you log into friends US account what happens is Warden triggers the safety system ( Security Question or Emailed Code )
    Once you have either entered correct answer for either it will store your location as an allowed system.

I had this situation in my life with the world traveling I had to do.

Note: A vpn could backfire if blizzard looks hard enough due to this being how gold sellers used to do it and they may still ... so use caution.

As for banning for logging in to quickly I have not seen this in my case when I was overseas, I had a family member playing wow on my account and when i was able to play I called them and had them log out and waited like 5 minutes.
    I hope this helps
    Lorac
    Last edited by lorac; 08-17-2018 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Corrected information provided

culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lorac View Post
    Using (EU) to represent your location.
    and Say your friend is located in (US)
    When you log into friends US account what happens is Warden triggers the safety system ( Security Question or Emailed Code )
    Once you have either entered correct answer for either it will store your location as an allowed system.

I had this situation in my life with the world traveling I had to do.

Note: A vpn could backfire if blizzard looks hard enough due to this being how gold sellers used to do it and they may still ... so use caution.

As for banning for logging in to quickly I have not seen this in my case when I was overseas, I had a family member playing wow on my account and when i was able to play I called them and had them log out and waited like 5 minutes.
    I hope this helps
    Lorac
    Warden has nothing to do with the security systems. Warden is a stupid memory/file/driver checker loaded after login to the char select screen, not more. Security is triggered by the server, not by garbage that is loaded into clients memory. They won't ban you for connecting to private ips through a vpn. They only automatically blacklist ips in case they had to ban a lot of accounts using this ip address...

They may log your hardware profile and wonder why your computer can travel from china to usa in 10 minutes because you're using 2 different accounts on that machine. I'm not sure if they really care.
    If you want to help him leveling and stay safe there's the /invite charname command.