1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the price for AD go down? (USD)

So.. I am interested in buying some AD for USD on neverwinter...

Buying legitimately 1million AD through the zen market I found 1mill AD ~$28 (Buying ZEN, Converting to AD)... its ~$14-17 through private sellers.

Can we expect this price to go up or down? Should I wait until the economy is more established?

I barely have any time to play this game due to Work/Baby, so I was hoping to just purchase some good gear.

Thanks!

Will the price for AD go down? (USD)
    ocnwo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no economist, but I suspect that the private sellers will always be somewhere around 50% of retail price. Now, how much in-game gear that $1M AD will get you, that's the tricky part.

The question isn't how much USD/real ca$h is it going to cost to get 1M AD, but rather, how much gear that 1M will buy you in game.

About the only thing you can be assured of is the private sellers will never be able to sell AD/Zen for more than PWE sells it for retail.

My 2cents

An7hrax's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    20/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a mail today with an offer for 1 mil ad for 13 usd. However be aware that those AD's mighht be the ones created from the AD exploit and might get removed.

turner850's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ocnwo View Post
    I'm no economist, but I suspect that the private sellers will always be somewhere around 50% of retail price. Now, how much in-game gear that $1M AD will get you, that's the tricky part.

The question isn't how much USD/real ca$h is it going to cost to get 1M AD, but rather, how much gear that 1M will buy you in game.

About the only thing you can be assured of is the private sellers will never be able to sell AD/Zen for more than PWE sells it for retail.

My 2cents
    Thank you for the input, Didn't even cross my mind thinking about that.. Maybe prices will go up because the exploits are gone.. or the prices could go down due to more people reaching 60 and running content..

Originally Posted by An7hrax View Post
    I got a mail today with an offer for 1 mil ad for 13 usd. However be aware that those AD's mighht be the ones created from the AD exploit and might get removed.

Would you mind sharing what company you went through? or was it through an ownedcore member?

rikker7's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. I would be very cautious with any purchases at the moment. The reason the AH and AD exchange are still down is that they are trying to make sure they remove all the exploited currency from the game. Not to mention that the seller simply cannot deliver whilst the AH is down.

As for the value of AD I don't expect it to change drastically, however as ocnwo pointed out, the amount of gear you can purchase for that amount will go up over time, barring the top CN pieces.
    Last edited by rikker7; 05-21-2013 at 02:11 AM.

darkmaouli's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience studying makets, the official price will make 2 moves:
    - Every person who wanted to trade the past few days coudln't so went it will come back there will be a rush in the exchange Diamond VS Zen, because everyone wanna trade fast.
    So the rate Diamond to Zen will decrease for a short time.

- Gold sellers couldn't have much AD in stock due to AH down. Also they bug exploit a lot and they may have lost tons of account who where banned.
    So the goldseller price should increase, it may increase as near as the oficial price.

pmfun's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    off-topic - how many zen's can you buy for let's say $50 ?

Averum's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pmfun View Post
    off-topic - how many zen's can you buy for let's say $50 ?
    Perfect World is in 100% control of the Zen market. It can not be transferred between accounts. AD you can get from sellers by doing auction house trades.

To answer your question. You get 5300 for 50 dollars.

DisturbingEffect's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No because everything got rolled back, the exploited AD doesn't exist anymore.

imafish2004's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DisturbingEffect View Post
    Apart from all the AD that has been exploited since day 1 up until the 7 hour roll back checkpoint.

beanso's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DisturbingEffect View Post
    There were people taking advantage of it long before it became public. There's a ton of exploited AD floating around, although it's pointless to worry about it now.