0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How-To] The basics maximize you're GPH in Core of Arreat

So i have been skimming pretty much all the botting forums lately and i believe the data i have compiled pretty much will give you basic idea of what you should aim for to maximize you're Gold per/hour. This might be common information to many, but i know for a fact that many think that you can easily cut one skill to gain more on another and thats not the case I.E: sacrifice DPS to get more GF (However it can be true if your DPS is very high). Ill start with a small jargon list.

The Jargon: (Work in progress)
    • IAS - Increase Attack Speed
    • APS - Attacks per second
    • MS - Movement Speed
    • RS - Run Speed
    • GPH - Gold per hour
    • GPR - Gold Pickup Range
    • DPS - Damage per second

I will just make this clear at once, this guide will not make any claims that you're GPH will be this and that, because there are always a small difference and some small differences can mean 10k GPH or even 200k GPH difference. However this will give you a good idea of what you should aim for to successfully farm Core of Arreat and rough estimates what your GPH might end at. I will not explain at all how to setup you're skills because of all the testing i have done on my own chars and my friends chars and what i have read so far, there are not really any "perfect" builds. And you pretty much have to look at what stats you end up with when your character is fully geared and skill thereafter. But you need to go for AOE Damage!

I have posted some of this in a post in the Immortal forums and the feedback pretty much tells me that the data i compiled is accurate to some extent, again as said there are always bound to be small differences that can make a huge difference.

The area is pretty tricky because you have creeps that are easy to one-shoot even at low Damage, but there are also monsters that unless you have good Damage you will need to hit multiple times. If this is true your Damage is too low!

The list of skills, importance from top:
    • Bonus to Gold/Globe radius.
      Regardless of any of the below stats if you have too little it will kill you're ghp!
    • Movement speed.
      Get 25% period. (25 is cap, you have a total that is above this point you could have gotten other stats higher!)
    • Gold Find.
      Explains itself.
    • Damage.
      This is actually the most tricky part, you still need high dps to make quick runs, your basically doing same thing you did doing Royal Crypts instead of urns your whacking down creeps. So you still need to have strong primary stat, finding your primary stat will cost you more, and once you can one-shoot all mobs in Core of Arreat your Damage is high enough!
    • Attack Speed.
      This one is very hard to predict because if you dps is too low you will just stand and hit over and over on the same monster. But you need to balance this stat accordingly, one-shoot and as quick as possible speed is the key to this stat. And it will also cost you because you pretty much will just have to buy and try.

Health wise you don't need very much health, heals from follower/pots is sufficient. (used 1 pot in 14 hours)

I will start with a example of my own.

Example 1:
    233GF, 21MS, 33GPR, 16k DPS. APS 2~
    Almost 12 hour run and I'm getting around 385k GPH.

Notice my MS and GPR. at 21 and 33.

Example 2:
    248GF, 25MS, 37GPR 18k DPS. APS 2~
    Now 12 hours and going bot runs steadily at 445k GPH. This value can fluctuate quite a bit depending on serverload.

Overall all my stats are a little better. But the increased 15% GF alone will NOT make over 50k GPH alone.

But more important when reading over and over what others have the numbers are quite clear. WE should be aiming at numbers such as these:
    • Radius ~ 40
    • Movement Speed = 25%
    • Damage >~ 14k
    • Gold Find ~> 230%
    • Attack speed as high as possible yet you still one shoot all mobs.

Numbers above aims at a gph at roughly 400k <> 450k gph, and the reports of 450k and up are pretty clear these guys have something in the ball park of 300% gold find and the other stats still intact. And if you know the market right now getting that amount of GF will cost you nearly a week worth of farming.

Also note that there are people who are reporting 400k range with Gold Find as low as 210%~ however these guys have other stats fine tuned High Damage, High Pickup Radius, Movement Speed and so on...

Hopefully this contained some information you could use, if you have tips and tricks how to make this "basic guide" even better don't hesitate to comment below.

Credits:
    • Liis - Pointing out Attack speed.
    Last edited by j0achim; 06-11-2012 at 03:04 AM.

[How-To] The basics maximize you're GPH in Core of Arreat
    Liis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just skimmed through it, great work! Much needed.
    Although might want to add the ats aspect, found that gimping myself from 2.18 attacks per second to 1.7, for a increase of 4k dps, wasnt worth it. But when getting 2.1 attacks per second and increased damage by 1k, was well worth.

j0achim's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Liis View Post
    Just skimmed through it, great work! Much needed.
    Although might want to add the ats aspect, found that gimping myself from 2.18 attacks per second to 1.7, for a increase of 4k dps, wasnt worth it. But when getting 2.1 attacks per second and increased damage by 1k, was well worth.
    Good point and very much true! Adding it right away.

kallellkryptonite's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not try hell mode?

Mcmoneygrubber's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Wirt's Original Leg for your companion, costs like 20k gold for a 7-10% magic find main hand for your Templar.
    Putting on semi-decent gear for your companion will increase your own gold find by quite a lot.
    I've tend to give my templar (neck, rings, shield) my old gold find gear when I purchase upgrades.

Tarabor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice, but with the current prices on items it will take me a couple of days to get to these "ideal" stats. You might also want to mention some of other items which can increase your movement speed to the cap. An other issue I'm having is that when I use legendaries to reach the cap I sacrifice other important stats too. Examples of legendaries that increase your movement speed: Hammer Jammers, Slave Bonds, Unity rings and Lacuni Bracers.

Edit: Just by increasing my damage with 3k and attack speed with 0.4 I've increased my gph with 50k
    Last edited by Tarabor; 06-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.

GoldKing's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide THX

Spieltrieb's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R