3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents about the current state of the bots development

Does anybody else have a feeling that developers developing Pokemon GO bots are not cooperating and sharing ideas between each other enough?

I see a lot of talented people working on their own versions of bot, improving mainly GUI, copying each other’s source code, tweaking configs, doing petty improvements, but hardly making any progress regarding the undetectability of the bot.

I’m not trying to say that this is easy to achieve or that it could be done in 2 days even if everybody came together, after all it might never be possible, however it would be a lot easier if they worked together and shared their experiences and knowledge.

I saw that happen when the new API was released and people from everywhere came together and solved the problem in just 3 days. I know that this example is a bit specific, since also developers who do not support bots participated because they wanted IV calculators, Pokemon scanners to work. Something similar could also be observed when Necrobot still existed, despite let’s call this a withdrawal of a few developers from the main group at the end of last month, it still had a large support base and was really successful.

In the end what I am trying to say is that Niantic kind of won for now by managing to dismantle and close down Necrobot team and by doing so they also dispersed and scattered a lot of good developers.

Maybe to make a really good bot, it would be necessary to create a working group and invite people from all places to participate in it and share what they can and are willing to. I believe that this forum with its large user base and thousands of visitors per day is perfectly capable of achieving and organizing this.

My 2 cents about the current state of the bots development
  2. Thanks johnnxiv (1 members gave Thanks to lsvet1 for this useful post)
    Piotruuu's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    2/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy has a point!

But its all about $$$$ hahah

Ripper3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    52/109
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a difference between doing minor changes, improving a config and actually understanding what's going on, working on the source code doing improvements, implementing new features, etc.

With no disrespect to the people, who are currently still working on improving the existing bots. But I wouldn't say, the problem is a lack of communication, or collaboration, even though that also not happening much. But it's more a brain drain, the people who really knew how to build bots mostly left.

psicrest's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    3/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone wants to put a donate button on their bot version promising a much better function than the other and some repository are being govern by hitler for the pull request.

6. Thanks johnnxiv (1 members gave Thanks to psicrest for this useful post)
    lsvet1's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ripper3 View Post
    [...] But it's more a brain drain, the people who really knew how to build bots mostly left.
    I agree, this is yet another problem, maybe even harder to solve.