1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts on recent ban waves

So after the initial ban wave, I only stuck to sniping pokemon using PokeSniper2.

After 2 days, I was still alive and not banned. However, today, I sniped a pokemon or two, went to play a few games online and when I tried to snipe again I received an error. Turn the app on my phone on and it gave me the error

So its either:

1. Safe to say that Niantic are currently doing banwaves

AND/OR

2. Created an anti cheat to flag users/are monitoring activity periodically with suspicious movements

I'd like to point out that I firmly believe that the main cause of flagging/banning comes from sniping. While I have no definite proof, I believe that it is true. Players who used the snipe feature can be easily tracked if Niantic have something like that in their system.

EX:

Your main location is at 100.0000, -50.0000. You login into that spot, teleport to 0.0000, 100.0000. Snipe a dragonite here. And return back to 100.0000,-50.0000.

Or, if you're using necro...

You are walking around in Manhattan collecting pokestops and capturing pokemon. Arrive at a pokestop and suddenly appear again in Stockholm, snipe a dragonite, and go back to Manhattan and start walking around again.

Point is, you are moving super far and capturing pokemon over a distance of 16000000 m (as shown on Necro console).

Previously, the pokemon information screen would show you were you captured a pokemon, but was removed in an update recently. However, the data had to be stored somewhere on Niantic servers. So its not too far fetched (lol) to think that Niantic has recorded your locations and pokemon caught in said locations.

There may be other factors to lead to flagging such as move speed and excellent/great/nice throw %s. However, theres not really a way to accurately record move speed/teleporting, considering that if you minimize the app on an iPhone and bring it back up after you've traveled 50 miles, it gives the warning that you are moving too fast and also it teleports from one location to the other. While it is possible to record this, the margin of error on catching real spoofers and real players would be far too large to accurately ban someone.

I personally think that Sniping is the main cause of bans. My friend who started this botting fest at the same time I did has not been banned (as of 8/13/2016 10:00PM EST). The main difference between his and my accounts are that I used PokeSniper frequently to snipe HIGH IV pokemon, while he only used necrobot's snipe feature to snipe in areas that were relatively close to the main starting location. There was no discrimination on the type of pokemon either. He caught all that were possible.

If anyone who reads up to this point can please reply with their situations and if they were similar or not.
    As stated, I believe sniping being the main cause of bans.

As of right now, I have created another account, humanized a necro config I had, and turned off sniping. Will run overnight to see if anything changes. (Going to make sure that the said "pokemon/pokestop" limit is also true before overnight botting)

My thoughts on recent ban waves
  2. Thanks pta94, Generage (2 members gave Thanks to NexLegend for this useful post)
    sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thread got moved to here
    New temp ban only post here!

NexLegend's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted to make a thread to discuss a specific cause rather than a jumble of conversations.

Generage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree!
    I did spoof and use a bot, but i did no major sniping and did not get banned, yet... I did some location change from Europe to USA and back, but I waited 4-10 hours (In real life those hours could be a flight) before I changed to another continent, mostly logged out in the evening, next morning I changed location and stayed there for a day.
    I have to say I got the account since 6-8-'16 so I'll keep it quit on that account for now (and only play on my phone, thus the ban threats worked on me) Still no insane pokemon, but i lvled up rapidly with the amount of pokemon caught evolving them with an egg on... I hope my account survived the ban wave over the next ban waves, if the guidelines are indeed sniping... I wonder if I get my money back from the items I bought via Paypal IF I get banned. For now I'll never cheat again :P
    Last edited by Generage; 08-16-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Generage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the account I was talking about has been banned... Lost 15$ on paypal...But i used bluestacks without aswd just by moving the pivot with fake gps, so I got a lot of soft bannes on that account. The accounts i used on nox still work.
    Last edited by Generage; 08-18-2016 at 04:40 PM.

MightyA's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/23
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used and I still do manual sniping. No bans. but the account never used a bot so that's that.

davidmc007's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MightyA View Post
    I used and I still do manual sniping. No bans. but the account never used a bot so that's that.
    What do you mean by manually? PokeSniper2? Phone + Spoof or Emulator + Spoof?