Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highest CP Pokemon - What's up with the IV?

So, i reached Level 30 now and im aiming to get the highest possible CP Pokemons.
    I know there is this IV %, which i don't really understand. Ppl try to get 100% IV Pokemons, so did it (just because they did).

So i caught a 100% Dragonite and it was CP ****ing 154. Then i caught a 40% IV Dragonite and it had 2100 CP.
    What's the deal? I don't get why ppl hunt for high IV. Or does IV% just mean that the Pokemon has the best stats for its level?

So every Pokemon <29 with 100% IV would still be completly useless, because all i need is a Lvl 30 Pokemon with 100% IV to get max. CP?
    And is there any possible way to hunt for high level Pokemons?

Highest CP Pokemon - What's up with the IV?
    Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by theb4ng View Post
    So, i reached Level 30 now and im aiming to get the highest possible CP Pokemons.
    I know there is this IV %, which i don't really understand. Ppl try to get 100% IV Pokemons, so did it (just because they did).

So i caught a 100% Dragonite and it was CP ****ing 154. Then i caught a 40% IV Dragonite and it had 2100 CP.
    What's the deal? I don't get why ppl hunt for high IV. Or does IV% just mean that the Pokemon has the best stats for its level?

So every Pokemon <29 with 100% IV would still be completly useless, because all i need is a Lvl 30 Pokemon with 100% IV to get max. CP?
    And is there any possible way to hunt for high level Pokemons?
    Every pokemon has a hidden stat (that can't be seen in the phone interface) it is something like 0-15 attack, defense and some other stuff, so basically if it's IV 100% it means that it has 15 in everything (maxed). This can't be changed, once you get a pokemon, the IV% is set forever, however CP, CAN be changed by just upgrading, so people want to get a 100% IV before they spend their candys on them. Bottom line is that IV cant be changed, CP can.

Sylenos's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    11/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me OP this has confused the hell out of me as well... I'm still kind of drawn in the end, but I personally go for CP over anything else first. That's just the way I prefer it. Then I would use one of the many programs posted around here that can show the IV and sort out which of my 5 or 10 highest CP had the highest IV as well. I'm still shooting for that 100% IV personally, as far as I know (haven't checked the botted accounts in a couple hours) but I do have some 96's which I guess are semi decent. lol!

As of right now, I really don't see (or understand) the point of it. I mean even if you put a high CP and high IV mon into a gym it can just as easily be faceraped by the team of 6v1 it's up against. Maybe others are looking at the big picture and future additions to the game and I am just not seeing it yet....? I just don't know. Scoot over, I'll be joining you on the confused bench.