Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Ingress spoofers here?

Hey,
    Just curious if there's anyone around who spoofed on Ingress.
    If so, how long have you been spoofing or were spoofing for and have you ever been banned?
    Just trying to gauge how efficient Niantic is on coming down on these things.

Any Ingress spoofers here?
    Jamboreez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to know this as well

Purpleworlds's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoofed in Ingress on multiple accounts with a few friends of mine, they were banned for traveling to others places in the US but I never was. I started playing back in 2014 when they had released the game on IPhone devices and I was introduced to it by my friends and played very intensely for a whole year, I slowed down but still played pretty much every few days until around Feb of this year where I kinda dropped off the game from burnout and my friends being gone and having that "why am I even playing this anymore?" sorta feeling.

I spoofed very strictly, but also played on my phone at the same time. I never went places I hadn't already been on my phone, I never jumped long distances or left anywhere outside of my city. I played extremely safe and it's the same thing I'm doing with pokemon go and I haven't even been soft banned in this game so I believe it's just going to be the same situation I had with Ingress. If you play smart, haven't been soft banned and aren't breaking any laws of physics I think you'll be fine. If you have on the otherhand been softbanned I think you have every right to be scared and I don't have any guess as to how they're going to be handling it, as my friends who were perma banned started with a soft ban (can't hack portals or pick up items) shortly before they were perma'd even though they stopped suspicious behavior.

Feel free to ask any further questions though.
    Last edited by Purpleworlds; 07-20-2016 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

Jamboreez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well like you I've been very cautious with spoofing, for now I'm just testing the waters, using an alt account spoofing and playing legit on my "main" one. I plan on seeing how the first banwave will go and act accordingly, maybe I'll start spoofing (just around my hometown, walking as if I was really outside) even on my main if I don't get my alt banned. I have spoof jumped around with my alt, been in America and Oceania but waiting 8-10 hours between two long distance logins, so I'm not really worried.

Noteworthy though I've been softbanned once on my alt (jumped a little bit too far) but also on my main because my phone's GPS went bonkers for a minute. Really curious to see how Niantic will handle this, and I'll report back if I get the chance.

dorgobar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how they can determinate that you are actually not doing holidays abroad? Some american tourists played Pokemon Go here in Europe, and i assume they will also play it in the US when they get back

I know your mobile phone got an unique IP (or something similar?), but still you can play on other phones from your partner/wife/husband etc., who also got access to the internet abroad/worldwide than your mobile phone, who only got internet in the USA for example.

Originally Posted by Purpleworlds View Post
    I spoofed in Ingress on multiple accounts with a few friends of mine, they were banned for traveling to others places in the US but I never was.
    In my case i jumped a whole contintent over a night (i waited more than a half day after i logged in, to simulate the traveling time with plane etc.), so i assume i should be safe in that case of jumping? And i never got softbanned too.
    Last edited by dorgobar; 07-20-2016 at 06:25 PM.

lyan123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/41
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I was like 10 times softbanned on Ingress and teleported around like s shittard. I never got permabanned @Purpleworlds is talking bullshit Don't worry, just don't change location too often

dorgobar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lyan123 View Post
    Yes I was like 10 times softbanned on Ingress and teleported around like s shittard. I never got permabanned @Purpleworlds is talking bullshit Don't worry, just don't change location too often
    Hehe i see, though we cant compare Ingress with Pokemon Go unfortunately, the developers might act different here (or not due the huge success of the game).

And theres still the possiblity they ban players, who didnt hack at all (which i hope that will happen, so the yelp will be big enough - see my first sentence before)

If we know at least how they (will) ban in the future (either by analyzing weird behaviour like country jumping nonstop or enable a code/software etc.), then we can at least prepare for that more or less

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You misunderstand me, I wasn't saying if you're softbanned you will be perma banned. I was saying that if you want to be scared over anything at all, the only fear you should hold is if you were soft banned as the only prerequisite in ingress before an actual serious ban is a soft ban.

If you haven't even been soft banned you're not looking suspicious at all and don't need to worry, that was the point of my statement. It wasn't to scare but to calm. If you have on the otherhand been softbanned, even then we have no idea how they will handle it and it's just a time will tell situation.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dorgobar View Post
    But how they can determinate that you are actually not doing holidays abroad? Some american tourists played Pokemon Go here in Europe, and i assume they will also play it in the US when they get back

I know your mobile phone got an unique IP (or something similar?), but still you can play on other phones from your partner/wife/husband etc., who also got access to the internet abroad/worldwide than your mobile phone, who only got internet in the USA for example.

In my case i jumped a whole contintent over a night (i waited more than a half day after i logged in, to simulate the traveling time with plane etc.), so i assume i should be safe in that case of jumping? And i never got softbanned too.
    Yea, if you weren't soft banned you have no need to worry at all.

soule's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ingress activates softbans as an internal inbuilt defense to extreme spoofers.

people are hard banned usually only due to reports - which are quite aggressive in the ingress community.

I think pokemon go is not that high stakes for now - people wouldnt be bothered to report unless really obsessed with gym occupying - which doesnt serve any benefit for now.

lyan123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/41
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niantic has currently other problems. When everyone was complaining about servers being down 24/7 and the 3 steps bug, the freeze bug and what else they released a patch with "minor text fixes". They don't even talk to the community and their shares fell down 13%.

They have to focus on stabalize the servers, fixing all those bugs and making the game more interesting for the long run. I mean...

Fun : Go out countryside and search for rare pokemon
    Currently: Sit on 6 pokestops with luremodules don't move and farm pidgeys and weedles
    Just overall is it not going to work like that.

But they DO HAVE SERVER LOGS. And they will look into them when they have time for it.

Today was the first they where the servers were stable so I take that as an signal. I will max. Bot 1-2 more days and then play legit. I think either its too late anyway or I am lucky and jumped out at the right time.

sonication's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niantic has currently other problems. When everyone was complaining about servers being down 24/7 and the 3 steps bug, the freeze bug and what else they released a patch with "minor text fixes". They don't even talk to the community and their shares fell down 13%.

They have to focus on stabalize the servers, fixing all those bugs and making the game more interesting for the long run. I mean...

Currently: Sit on 6 pokestops with luremodules don't move and farm pidgeys and weedles

But they DO HAVE SERVER LOGS. And they will look into them when they have time for it.

Today was the first they where the servers were stable so I take that as an signal. I will max. Bot 1-2 more days and then play legit. I think either its too late anyway or I am lucky and jumped out at the right time.
    What do you mean with "they do have server logs"?
    Like they can see where you caught which pokemon at what time? Or even more/less?

Crowd's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's a good point, i've never been soft banned and stopped right before the JP launch.
    Hopefully they don't catch on to me but we'll see how that goes.

dorgobar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got two questions

1) Those who got banned at Ingress - did you got banned while cheating (or the days before) or not?

2) Regarding the server log - as i mentioned above if you play really risky then you likely get banned, but if what are the points to get really banned? If you only jump to a country once in a while, and back to your main country (like "faking" a holiday abroad) etc.

About Japan launch - the problem is that currently chinese hackers (spoofers, botters) are occupying the arenas there with anti-Japan/pro China named Pokemons, thus they will probably act soon with bans

Ill probably stop spoofing in the next days too to minimize the risk
    Last edited by dorgobar; 07-22-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Leonfake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried for days to use BlueStacks with Fake GPS, rooting, putting Fake GPS in the System dir, but nothing worked. Then I found Nox and spoofed for a while, after some time I couldn't get itens and hit ressonators anymore. I thought it was because I teleported sometimes, or because I had the same account in Nox and my phone.

Well, created another account, the first one was just lvl3, in one raid I got lvl4 in my new account, but for some reason, even doing human movements, again I got banned.

Both times I got banned while playing, but the second time I was stading still and hitting some ressonator, then suddenly the damage stopped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast