Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GPS Hack on Android (REQUIRES ROOT!)

Hey Guys,

let us take the easy way for GPS Hack for now.

1. Root your Phone (Do it how ever you like)
    2. Download LUCKY PATCHER (example: Lucky Patcher 6.2.4 for Android - Download)
    3. Download some Fake GPS app such as Lockido etc.(example https://apk-dl.com/lockito-%E2%80%93...eneuve.lockito)
    4. Install Lucky Patcher
    5. GRANT ROOT to Lucky Patcher
    6. Click on Rebuild / Install at the Bottom
    7. Select Fake GPS App APK
    8. Install as System App
    9. Profit? Pokemon should not detect fake GPS App anymore

PS: Might Reboot your Phone

NO GURANTEE OR OTHER STUFF IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE

GPS Hack on Android (REQUIRES ROOT!)
  2. Thanks Ket, Soj, Jaladhjin, hackerlol, Smitten, Kenneth, Eryx (7 members gave Thanks to Ehnoah for this useful post)
    Soj's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ehnoah.

This does work but the results varied and it took a long time to set up (rooting a phone isn't easy and lots of scam sites).

I eventually got the phone rooted and although the walking part works, have you noticed any ill effects such as pinging rapidly to your actual location and back to the route specified within lockito?

I've been able to, with about 10% sucess access pokestops and captured 1 pokemon in the wild so far after about 20 mins of playing and it constantly warns me "failed to detect location" every 3 or so seconds which results in "try again later" when spinning the pokestop sign.

It's absolutely a good start and I'd like to help test and refine the method for anyone who might have the same issues as me.

Soj

Edit: After looking into it more, it appears that only Pokestops and gyms are visible from your current location, it doesn't allow you to travel far from your current location. Also Gyms are unselectable regardless of distance.

I've found it most reliable for standing still in 1 location, switching the GPS program off so there are no location updates can help, but not sure if theres a trick to it.

I've found the reason for bouncing back and forth from current location to intended location, GPS only needs to be set, this seems to throw things off however after 5 pokestops 1 after the other without issue I'm starting to get errors again.
    Last edited by Soj; 07-10-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if root checks get implemented going forward.. if that day does come & I'd bet it will.. in addition to LP & Freedom check out: repo.xposed.info/module/com.devadvance.rootcloak2

If your bootloader is still locked you could go at it with Flashfire to get Xposed installed..

I'd like to see the day the Xposed Installer itself goes back to its classic install style.. buuuut that seems to be a relic of a time gone by so I wouldn't wait for it..

Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get "cant Localize Location" than it means, that the Game notice the FakeApp which should not happen if System App. About Pokestops I think this can be Server Error. Sometimes when I walk with fake GPS a nd it not load any Pokestop etc. but since a few days it work fine for me. Do you get the Red Message all the time @SoJ

For now I not gonna post about Xpose til it is required, since Xpose took way more work and not want to get it detected soonish. They can simply check for Installed Apps so far

Remember: If they want catch us they can.
    Last edited by Ehnoah; 07-11-2016 at 04:17 AM.

anmarie0812's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If followed the steps (phone was already rooted/had lucky patcher) but when I try to run a route in lockito it just says the app stopped working and does nothing.
    Do you have any troubleshooting advice on this?
    I already tried reinstalling both, lucky patcher and lockito and running it with GPS on and off.

Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this on my S6 but since I use lucky Patcher it work for me. May try some different app and try reboot. You can Uninstall using Lucky Patcher

p03p's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    I had this on my S6 but since I use lucky Patcher it work for me. May try some different app and try reboot. You can Uninstall using Lucky Patcher
    I had the same problem with lockit as the other post which wouldnt load. So i used another gps spoofing app, installed as system app.
    After i set the gps spoof up and running pokemon go says "failed to detect location".

Would you happen to know what im doing wrong? I read something about the pokemon app detecting if "mock location app" is being used, so that could be it but i have no idea.

Crazyhead's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    19/316
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaladhjin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if root checks get implemented going forward.. if that day does come & I'd bet it will.. in addition to LP & Freedom check out: repo.xposed.info/module/com.devadvance.rootcloak2

If your bootloader is still locked you could go at it with Flashfire to get Xposed installed..

I'd like to see the day the Xposed Installer itself goes back to its classic install style.. buuuut that seems to be a relic of a time gone by so I wouldn't wait for it..
    If you uncheck download in settings, you go to frameworks and install it without flashing a new one. if you mean that?

Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "failed to detect location" means it detect you use a Mock Location app, if you install a Fake GPS app as System App you dont need to enable an App for Mock Location. Try disable all Apps who are enabled in Mock Locations.

System App write the GPS automaticly without need to be enabled. That is why you install Fake GPS Apps as System App. Pokemon can't see that you use them.

11. Thanks p03p (1 members gave Thanks to Ehnoah for this useful post)
    p03p's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    "failed to detect location" means it detect you use a Mock Location app, if you install a Fake GPS app as System App you dont need to enable an App for Mock Location. Try disable all Apps who are enabled in Mock Locations.

System App write the GPS automaticly without need to be enabled. That is why you install Fake GPS Apps as System App. Pokemon can't see that you use them.
    Thanks for the quick reply,

I think it installed correctly as system app, when i try to uninstall the fake gps app now it leave me with disable. I tried to disable all apps in mock locations but then i cant enter the fake gps app without enabling first.

As for installing as system app i used lucky patcher and install as system app. Any idea what it could be?

Dopeland's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by p03p View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply,

I think it installed correctly as system app, when i try to uninstall the fake gps app now it leave me with disable. I tried to disable all apps in mock locations but then i cant enter the fake gps app without enabling first.

As for installing as system app i used lucky patcher and install as system app. Any idea what it could be?
    Using android 6.0.1, lockito crashes unless I have it set as the mock location app. I followed the guide and installed it as a system app, but it crashes unless I set it as the mock location app.

Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds very strange. Bascially if you install the app as System App you not need enable any Mock Apps in Developer Options. I try to google, not sure if there is a fix :X

p03p's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe i messed up something, i even downloaded mock mock locations from exposed and it doesnt work.

p03p's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dopeland View Post
    Using android 6.0.1, lockito crashes unless I have it set as the mock location app. I followed the guide and installed it as a system app, but it crashes unless I set it as the mock location app.
    Dont you get the cant find location error in pokemon?

Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope I dont got that sadly. Also it works for a lot of people, I had the Problem that my App Crashed on Routing but I fixed that after using Lucky Patcher :X

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast