[Guide] Protecting Yourself From PayPal Chargebacks As A Seller menu

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    atoj's Avatar Corporal
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Reputation
    16
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    29
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you request payment , buyer have to include his address or it doesnt mind?

    These ads disappear when you log in.

  2. #17
    D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES


    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    753
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,624
    Thanks G/R
    205/456
    Trade Feedback
    243 (100%)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by atoj View Post
    When you request payment , buyer have to include his address or it doesnt mind?
    If he has a confirmed address then you'll see it once he pays the request.

    I will be updating the guide soon since PayPal now provides purchase protection for buyers on intangible or virtual items and services. That means sellers are now required to provide "compelling" evidence showing that the service / virtual item was delivered.
    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

    βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…


  3. #18
    MistiServices's Avatar Contributor Top Quality - Low Price !
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    124
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    878
    Thanks G/R
    68/76
    Trade Feedback
    320 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So,today i wont one more dispute,evidences i gave to paypal were :

    -Skype chat with my customer (screenshoots)
    -Screenshoots of ingame trade , or if u did powerleveling screenshoots of char on certain lvl

    I called paypal aswell,and told them things i did and explained them what i did and how we did it.



  4. #19
    47vzv's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what if the buyer bought multiple services i had not known about this scam till recently. he sent the money as gift. he has bought services from me atleast 8 times it's just like you said i thought sending as gift would be better. i have records of the guy receiving the service. i'm just a little scared he might just chargeback out of the blue. i'm going to start doing invoices now, but im still courious

  5. #20
    D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES


    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    753
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,624
    Thanks G/R
    205/456
    Trade Feedback
    243 (100%)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PayPal never provided any seller protection to payments received as friends & family / gift. But they will try to help you out as much as possible if you've been dealing with PayPal for 7+ years and have a huge amount of transactions (that is a fact).
    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

    βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…


  6. #21
    47vzv's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so now i have to wait and hope the guy is not a scammer ? how long does he have to chargeback payments. he has done a total of 13 payments

  7. #22
    D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES


    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    753
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,624
    Thanks G/R
    205/456
    Trade Feedback
    243 (100%)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 47vzv View Post
    so now i have to wait and hope the guy is not a scammer ? how long does he have to chargeback payments. he has done a total of 13 payments
    Not sure, they recently changed their policy but I think it's 180 days.
    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

    βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…


  8. #23
    47vzv's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Pleveling View Post
    Not sure, they recently changed their policy but I think it's 180 days.
    any tips on what i should do, im going to start taking invoices now after learning this

  9. #24
    D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES


    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    753
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,624
    Thanks G/R
    205/456
    Trade Feedback
    243 (100%)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 47vzv View Post
    any tips on what i should do, im going to start taking invoices now after learning this
    Just don't take payments as friends & family or gift. And try to save chat logs / Skype / in-game chat for proof if the buyer ever files a dispute - PayPal now accepts that kind of proof since their latest policy change.
    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

    βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…


  10. #25
    47vzv's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Pleveling View Post
    Just don't take payments as friends & family or gift. And try to save chat logs / Skype / in-game chat for proof if the buyer ever files a dispute - PayPal now accepts that kind of proof since their latest policy change.
    yea i saved alot of messages that said he received the service, and that he is happy etc.

  11. #26
    jvhgamer2's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    20
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Pleveling View Post

    Case #2: You send a money request to the buyer

    When the [SELLER] sends a money request to the buyer and then the buyer pays it, it shifts the protection around. The seller has full protection while the buyer has no protection at all. And on top of that, you are able to see the buyer's registered address on his PayPal and various other useful information to make sure you are not dealing with a scammer.
    Just called PayPal cause I was scammed and they said this is not true. You aren't guaranteed additional protection.

  12. #27
    D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES


    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    753
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,624
    Thanks G/R
    205/456
    Trade Feedback
    243 (100%)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jvhgamer2 View Post
    Just called PayPal cause I was scammed and they said this is not true. You aren't guaranteed additional protection.
    Please read the update before jumping to conclusions. That was indeed true prior to their purchase protection changes.

    The reason to send money requests right now is to get some form of seller protection. Previously, people would ask the buyer to send them the money as friends & family or gift (thinking they are protected against chargebacks) which provides no protection to the buyer at all.

    *Update: PayPal purchase protection changes

    PayPal now provides purchase protection for buyers on intangible or virtual items and services. This means that sellers are now required to provide "compelling" evidence showing that the service or virtual item was delivered. If you do not provide any proof then PayPal will almost always rule the case in the buyer's favor.

    Calling PayPal and explaining what happened and how the trade happened still helps. However, with PayPal's policy changes, you will still be required to provide proof showing that the buyer did in fact receive the service or virtual item was delivered such as:


    1) Skype chat logs
    2) In-game screenshots of the trade
    3) Screenshots of the character you've boosted

    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

    βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…


  13. #28
    jvhgamer2's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    20
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Pleveling View Post
    Please read the update before jumping to conclusions. That was indeed true prior to their purchase protection changes.

    The reason to send money requests right now is to get some form of seller protection. Previously, people would ask the buyer to send them the money as friends & family or gift (thinking they are protected against chargebacks) which provides no protection to the buyer at all.

    *Update: PayPal purchase protection changes

    PayPal now provides purchase protection for buyers on intangible or virtual items and services. This means that sellers are now required to provide "compelling" evidence showing that the service or virtual item was delivered. If you do not provide any proof then PayPal will almost always rule the case in the buyer's favor.

    Calling PayPal and explaining what happened and how the trade happened still helps. However, with PayPal's policy changes, you will still be required to provide proof showing that the buyer did in fact receive the service or virtual item was delivered such as:


    1) Skype chat logs
    2) In-game screenshots of the trade
    3) Screenshots of the character you've boosted

    I don't mean to break down this nice sticky post you have trying to help other sellers, like you and I, but sadly I called multiple different PayPal representatives and they all gave me the same answer. Sending money requests doesn't guarantee anything. My apologies for "jumping to conclusions", was merely trying to provide everyone the facts.

    I read through your entire post, so please don't belittle a simple reply that was sent with the purest of intentions.
    I, like any other seller, thank you for your work here.
    Last edited by jvhgamer2; 08-07-2016 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors.

  14. #29
    EssentialChicken's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    13
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to get protected when selling accounts? So many chargeback scammers lately...

  15. #30
    D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES


    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    753
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,624
    Thanks G/R
    205/456
    Trade Feedback
    243 (100%)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EssentialChicken View Post
    How to get protected when selling accounts? So many chargeback scammers lately...
    PayPal now provides purchase protection for buyers on intangible or virtual items and services. This means that sellers are now required to provide "compelling" evidence showing that the service or virtual item was delivered. If you do not provide any proof then PayPal will almost always rule the case in the buyer's favor.

    Calling PayPal and explaining what happened and how the trade happened still helps. However, with PayPal's policy changes, you will still be required to provide proof showing that the buyer did in fact receive the service or virtual item was delivered such as:

    1) Skype chat logs
    2) In-game screenshots of the trade
    3) Screenshots of the character you've boosted

    That being said, you should be able to recall your account in case the buyer files a chargeback on the payment.
    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

    βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] [Guide] Protecting Yourself From PayPal Chargebacks As A Seller
    By D3Boost in forum World of Warcraft Guides
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 03:53 PM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:43 AM
  3. [Trading] Protect yourself from chargebacks and unauthorized payments!
    By newyorkstocker in forum Diablo 3 Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 12:36 AM
  4. [Program+Guide] Protect yourself from 99% of all WoW related keyloggers !!!
    By Flying Piggy in forum World of Warcraft Bots and Programs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 10:32 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM. Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2023 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search